CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this isn't correct please speak up :D

November 22nd - Thursday

(Thanksgiving)
KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)​

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB to her employer
KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts - he returned her call
KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
PF received text from KB’s phone​

December 2nd - Sunday
Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)​

December 10th - Monday
Press Conference​

Woodland Park Police Department

I did on last thread and not sure if you saw it.

Would this be better worded here from this......

November 25th - Sunday

to this wording instead................

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB's phone to her employer

Because we dont really know she was the one sending that text do we?​

Perhaps her family has money. Not that it makes any difference.

It's possible. It doesn't matter too much but it would be nice to know more about the resources Kelsey might have available to her. Her purse is gone along with her. Does she normally carry a large amount of cash? Does she have her own independent bank accounts that they might not be able to check? I have not seen any mention of any ATM transactions yet. Or does she depend on her family or have joint accounts? (which would mean lack of banking actions from her could be concerning).

At 29 she seems like a very independent woman with a career and a baby and house she just purchased, but some flight instructors here have said it is not a high paying job unless you work constantly. A person from a wealthy background, however, may have the luxury of choosing a career simply because they love doing it and not have to worry about their finances so much. If her family and/or her fiance supported her career goals and helped or if she was a frugal saver and a hard worker who worked to buy her own home, doesn't matter so much. But it would give a better glimpse into who Kelsey is-- her personality and what her state of mind may be. Also could reveal how much stress she has in her life at this time. Was there tension between her and anyone else who had been supportive of her for several years? Money is something people argue about. JMO.

I wonder if she had other employment of which none of us (or her family) is aware.

Also, I am getting the strangest actions on WS since last night. If I click on like, I end up on another page which says, "Do you really want to like this?" If I want to reply, I'm taken to another page and it says, "Do you really want to reply?" Is something wrong with WS? Last night, before all of this started happening, I was trying to reply, and I don't know what happened to the comment. I never did press reply button. I may have messed something up, and I don't know where else to post a story like this.

On the same day, that property was conveyed by Kelsey (grantor) to "Flying 7 Land Co LLC" (grantee). I haven't tracked down a business registration for Flying 7 Land Co LLC yet - but I didn't find it in Colorado business registrations.

theCountyRecorder.com: Document Index

FLYING 7 LAND COMPANY, LLC | Washington Companies Directory

Flying 7 Land Company, Llc was registered on 2015-06-30 as a PROFIT Limited Liability Company type incorporated at 821 E BROADWAY AVE STE 8, MOSES LAKE, WA. The agent of the company is Larson Fowles, Pllc. This business record status is " Active"now.
FLYING 7 LAND COMPANY, LLC has been running for 3 years 5 months, and 11 days.

I remember having long discussions about this in other cases. Here is what I gathered form past ones.

SOME cell providers have logs that keep the actual messages for a period of time. Some keep them 48 hours or so, others longer. But at some point, they will be purged, and only the times/dates will be on record. No actual texts will remain.

I know from personal experience that Sprint has access to the actual words in your texts for at least 2 days. My daughters cell was stolen and we went to Sprint, and they pulled up her most recent texts, to see if someone else was using it. They weren't at that time, all the texts were the ones she had last sent. And it was the salesman at Sprint that was able to access the texts from his computer. Surprised me, actually. But I don't know how long they would be available.

Excellent information. Thanks so much and it jogged my memory from what I recall as well about them. Thank You. :)

I hope this doesn't seem too far-fetched but it seems reasonable that someone could have taken the phone, mailed it while "on" so that it reported pinging far away and then use another means to send text messages. For ex, I have Google Fi and all my calls and text messages go through my browser - I can send a text message from Hangouts without needing my phone on me at all. No reason that someone couldn't do the same if they knew her well enough to have access to those kinds of things...

I wonder if she had other employment of which none of us (or her family) is aware.

Also, I am getting the strangest actions on WS since last night. If I click on like, I end up on another page which says, "Do you really want to like this?" If I want to reply, I'm taken to another page and it says, "Do you really want to reply?" Is something wrong with WS? Last night, before all of this started happening, I was trying to reply, and I don't know what happened to the comment. I never did press reply button. I may have messed something up, and I don't know where else to post a story like this.
That hasn't happened to me (I was on last night too) - maybe post this comment on the thread that is about the technicalities of the board. I can't recall the title, but there is a thread for these kind of questions/issues.

jmo

Hopefully by now LE has been able to get a search warrant for her phone records from the phone provider and get actual records as well.

I have a question if anyone knows the answer to this about cell phone records from phone companies. I looked into this before and I know they can get actual call information both to and from the phone but I am not sure if text messages to and from the phone are obtainable from phone companies records.

Does anyone know for sure about phone companies records if they contain text messages to and from the phone?
It's a very good question. Her phone is missing. Without the physical phone, the only way they could know it pinged in Gooding, ID, is from the phone company? Did they have a search warrant for her phone? Or could they back into the text the employer received to see that it was sent from ID?

Does anyone happen to know if she was a contractor or employed full-time? Sorry, I am playing catch-up with the other thread but I'm not all the way through it yet.

FLYING 7 LAND COMPANY, LLC | Washington Companies Directory

Flying 7 Land Company, Llc was registered on 2015-06-30 as a PROFIT Limited Liability Company type incorporated at 821 E BROADWAY AVE STE 8, MOSES LAKE, WA. The agent of the company is Larson Fowles, Pllc. This business record status is " Active"now.
FLYING 7 LAND COMPANY, LLC has been running for 3 years 5 months, and 11 days.
Help me out. Why is this significant?

Type slowly so I can follow. :)

jmo

That's not how it went. Sorry I mumbled that up. LE contacted the EMPLOYER and learned that she texted them on Nov 25 stating she wouldn't be at work that week.

jmo
Gotcha. thanks for the clarification. I'm so curious as to when the fiance thought Kelsey was going to pick the baby back up. Can't for the life of me fathom why he didn't report her missing.

I know we’re all concentrated on the fiancé as all of the info we have is strange, and so much of the time it lands that way. However, what if it was someone she worked with? That would explain contacting the employer to buy some time, would also throw off LE a bit if you’ve inserted yourself in that way. Obviously all speculation on my part, and not flushed out but something to consider.

I hope this doesn't seem too far-fetched but it seems reasonable that someone could have taken the phone, mailed it while "on" so that it reported pinging far away and then use another means to send text messages. For ex, I have Google Fi and all my calls and text messages go through my browser - I can send a text message from Hangouts without needing my phone on me at all. No reason that someone couldn't do the same if they knew her well enough to have access to those kinds of things...
But wouldn't the phone ping while in the mail, at different locations?

It seems like her phone only pinged at one location in Idaho.

Plus, the texts were sent on a Sunday after Thanksgiving. There was no mail on Thursday and no mail on Sunday...if that factors into the theory.

I think someone had control of Kelsey's phone and sent the texts. It might have been Kelsey or someone else who knew who her boss was.

jmo

I did on last thread and not sure if you saw it.

Would this be better worded here from this......

November 25th - Sunday

to this wording instead................

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB's phone to her employer

Because we dont really know she was the one sending that text do we?​

How about: Text sent from KB's phone to her employer

I know we’re all concentrated on the fiancé as all of the info we have is strange, and so much of the time it lands that way. However, what if it was someone she worked with? That would explain contacting the employer to buy some time, would also throw off LE a bit if you’ve inserted yourself in that way. Obviously all speculation on my part, and not flushed out but something to consider.
I agree - I keep telling myself to be open minded at this point.

But....then....I remember that her fiance didn't raise an alarm at her being gone and silent for days on end while he was caring for their little girl. Perhaps there is an explanation for that, but it seems very off.

jmo

I have had that happen before. I'm not sure what causes it but I have found if I log out and clear my cookies/web history it returns to normal. HTH.

I'm not sure how Kelsey would work a second job her family wasn't aware of since it seems like from other posters here sharing their experience flight instruction is a job that requires many hours. And we know her employer confirmed receiving a text from her.

But wouldn't the phone ping while in the mail, at different locations?

It seems like her phone only pinged at one location in Idaho.

Plus, the texts were sent on a Sunday after Thanksgiving. There was no mail on Thursday and no mail on Sunday...if that factors into the theory.

I think someone had control of Kelsey's phone and sent the texts. It might have been Kelsey or someone else who knew who her boss was.

jmo

Or, it's held for a few days and later turned on/mailed. Or, it's tossed into the back of a truck. I just don't know that receiving a "text" message from someone indicates 100% that there was a phone in that person's presence. It wouldn't be in my case - I could send my phone to Antartica and still send "text" messages from my computer that would come across to the reader as a regular text message.. if that makes sense?

It is really hard for me to believe that someone didn't physically have her phone when the texts were sent. Like, police never said her phone only pinged in Idaho that Sunday and that's it, they just only mentioned that one because it's what's significant. I can't imagine someone concocted some way of sending the phone away to ping in Idaho or threw it in the back of a truck or anything like that. But obviously just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard