Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: I’m just going to hold out for facts on this case from now on.
well you might as well stop posting then because in the past year the only fact we have is that two people died by ligature neck compression. Thats it. Nothing else. So unless its about ligature neck compression, I don't expect to see you posting anymore ;)

Last edited:
Do you actually think that was the only think Kerry said? This story was not about the Shermans, it was about the promotions of the undeserving people involved in the case. Don't you think that Joe would use a quote that actually related to the subject of the story?????

If what Kerry said was so great, why was it not brought into the story?

I am curious a out the other businesses that Louis Winter had. What happened with those?

The Sherman’s were great philanthropists. Did the Winter children do any philanthropy work with the money they received from the Sherman’s?

I wonder what the plans are for the money the Winter’s hope to get from any lawsuit?

If what Kerry said was so great, why was it not brought into the story?
Geez, that's not what the story was about. The story was questioning why Price and Gomes were promoted with less that stellar performance. It wasn't about how the Shermans died.

Most Bizarre Unsolved Mysteries of the Year | Reader's Digest
Dec 12 2018
Death of a billionaire and his wife
12-Most-Bizarre-Unsolved-Mysteries-of-the-Year-2.jpg
Stokkete/Shutterstock

"Barry and Honey Sherman, a Canadian billionaire businessman and his wife, were found dead in the basement of their 12,000-square-foot home. They were at the side of their indoor pool, and both had been apparently strangled by the men’s leather belts looped around their necks. The case was investigated for most of 2018 as a murder-suicide, but that has since been ruled out. Some are claiming the Toronto police bungled the investigation; all Toronto officials will say is that the deaths are “suspicious.”

Deleted by me. Already answered.

Last edited:
Where is Honey Sherman’s Will?

In the weeks following the discovery of Honey and Barry Sherman’s bodies last December, there was a vigorous search for an important document — Honey Sherman’s will.

No one reported being given it for safekeeping, and when police returned access to the family home where the billionaire couple was murdered, no last will and testament of hers was discovered.

Where is Honey Sherman’s will? | The Star

Simply put, he feels that there are some ignorant, rude people here.
Once again....thx Andreww. I can assure everyone on Websleuths that l can handle the heat of the kitchen. <modsnip -generalizations about other posters> Barry was a father to me for almost 20 yrs...l was like his adopted son. Yes...he gave me and my brothers millions. Yes....he hurt me and l wanted to hurt him back. My case is still before the courts. I may never win in the courts of justice, but l certainly have won in the court of public opinion. Barry robbed 4 little orphan children. Barry was a very bad man who got what he deserved. He lost it, killed his <modsnip name calling> wife and hung hinself. I know the truth. Tom Kkatt, Brian Greenspin, Detective Price and the Sherman family know what l know.
Ask yourselves a simple question: why put me on national tv, ambush me, discredit me, a 4 hour polygraph, portray me as a nut, destroy my credibility if l know NOTHING. See the forest from the trees....wake up and see the game being played. <modsnip - rude>. Chasing phantom killers with a 10 million dollar reward makes me laugh.
It’s true l hated my cousin. <modsnip - rude>
Do l sound spiteful, mean spirited, full of hate and anger?
All of you: did you know my cousin? Yet, you think him incapable of killing Honey and hanging himself.
Almost 1 year ago l got a call from my lawyer who got tipped that Barry and Honey were found dead...before the news went viral. I turned to my lawyer and said, “he finally did it”! He replied, “who”.
I said, “Barry finally killed the <modsnip- name calling>”.
I’m curious: if and when l put everything l know here....for all to read: will you call me a liar? Will you say l’m delusional and just angry, upset l didn’t get a piece of Apotex? I will state this: l have no reason to lie. I have no motive to convince any of you of what l know.
<modsnip - rude, foul language, directing at another poster>

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again....thx Andreww. I can assure everyone on Websleuths that l can handle the heat of the kitchen. <modsnip -generalizations about other posters> Barry was a father to me for almost 20 yrs...l was like his adopted son. Yes...he gave me and my brothers millions. Yes....he hurt me and l wanted to hurt him back. My case is still before the courts. I may never win in the courts of justice, but l certainly have won in the court of public opinion. Barry robbed 4 little orphan children. Barry was a very bad man who got what he deserved. He lost it, killed his <modsnip name calling> wife and hung hinself. I know the truth. Tom Kkatt, Brian Greenspin, Detective Price and the Sherman family know what l know.
Ask yourselves a simple question: why put me on national tv, ambush me, discredit me, a 4 hour polygraph, portray me as a nut, destroy my credibility if l know NOTHING. See the forest from the trees....wake up and see the game being played. <modsnip - rude>. Chasing phantom killers with a 10 million dollar reward makes me laugh.
It’s true l hated my cousin. <modsnip - rude>
Do l sound spiteful, mean spirited, full of hate and anger?
All of you: did you know my cousin? Yet, you think him incapable of killing Honey and hanging himself.
Almost 1 year ago l got a call from my lawyer who got tipped that Barry and Honey were found dead...before the news went viral. I turned to my lawyer and said, “he finally did it”! He replied, “who”.
I said, “Barry finally killed the <modsnip- name calling>”.
I’m curious: if and when l put everything l know here....for all to read: will you call me a liar? Will you say l’m delusional and just angry, upset l didn’t get a piece of Apotex? I will state this: l have no reason to lie. I have no motive to convince any of you of what l know.
<modsnip - rude, foul language, directing at another poster>

Why weren’t the millions enough? I think a lot of us would have been thrilled with a few hundred thousand from someone.

I have to say that I have been very thankful that my family did not inherit a pile of money. It seems to bring a lot of unhappiness. And a lot of inheritors blow the money their predessors worked hard to get.

PART IV
SURVIVORSHIP

Survivorship
Succession

55 (1) Where two or more persons die at the same time or in circumstances rendering it uncertain which of them survived the other or others, the property of each person, or any property of which he or she is competent to dispose, shall be disposed of as if he or she had survived the other or others.

Simultaneous death of joint tenants
(2) Unless a contrary intention appears, where two or more persons hold legal or equitable title to property as joint tenants, or with respect to a joint account, with each other, and all of them die at the same time or in circumstances rendering it uncertain which of them survived the other or others, each person shall be deemed, for the purposes of subsection (1), to have held as tenant in common with the other or with each of the others in that property.
Law Document English View

The Shermans died within 30 days of each other. If they didn’t have a ‘common disaster’ clause that spouses can add to their wills to direct their estate should they die simultaneously, their estates will be handled as if they survived each other. (If I’m reading it correctly.)

And now the Star is reporting this:
Further complicating the estate situation is that, soon after the deaths, at least one person claimed to be due a sizable payout that was allegedly promised by Honey, according to sources close to the Sherman family. The Star is not identifying this person, who could not immediately be reached for comment.

No idea what it means, but it may be part of the motives for their murders- especially Honey.

Law Document English View

The Shermans died within 30 days of each other. If they didn’t have a ‘common disaster’ clause that spouses can add to their wills to direct their estate should they die simultaneously, their estates will be handled as if they survived each other. (If I’m reading it correctly.)

And now the Star is reporting this:

No idea what it means, but it may be part of the motives for their murders- especially Honey.
My thoughts:
We just heard the first time of a female friend who had visited Honey at home before the Sherman's deaths and now we hear, someone demanded a by Honey promised sum of money .... Aha .... interesting ....
I don't understand, why suddenly nobody seems to know definitively, whether Honey or Barry died first, whereas it was information over months, that Honey died several hours before Barry (and perhaps at another location than the pool area).

One could say: No wonder, Honey "had to deal with some stuff", when she missed the charity meeting. Even her testament/Last Will is missing since her gruesome death?
ETA: Now I wonder, if fingerprints on the safe ever got taken. Probably not, IMO.

Reporter Kevin Donovan quote from his article:

"Sources have told the Star that Barry’s will left everything to Honey if he died first; if she predeceased him, it divided the estimated $5-billion estate and control of Apotex between their four children, aged 28 to 43."

Unfortunately, Kevin lost total credibility with the above statement (from sources--not a source, but sources). If Honey died before Barry, she couldn't leave their entire $5 billion estate to their kids, meaning BS would be left with nothing.

Maybe this is a misprint...he meant to say that if Honey survived Barry, her estate would be divided among their children when she died. That is the usual agreement between a married couple who trust each other and want their kids to share equally when both have died.

If this was not a misprint, is Donovan trying to use Honey's (alleged) missing will (where Barry gets nothing) as a motive for Barry to kill her? As ridiculous as this sounds, I think that is what he is implying, after reading his entire article which suggests that the Court and police are complicit in a cover-up. You don't even have to read his article--his head line says it clearly "WHERE IS HONEY'S WILL"?

Any other potentially, legitimate actions pointing to a cover-up were pretty much debased imo.

People make claims against estates of deceased people frequently, and of course they have to prove a legitimate claim. I am surprised that more claims haven't been registered against the Shermans, they being billionaires and all. People come out from under rocks when the stakes are high. Just saying...:)

This type of situation is *exactly* why police, politicians, and government employees would *never* agree to cover up a murder/suicide to pretend it was a forever-unsolved/unsolvable double murder, thinking it wouldn't hurt anyone or anything.

Some seem to believe there is no consequence, nobody is hurt, reputations are left intact, there is no murderer on the loose to bring to justice, the rich kids are appeased, the legacy remains, the organizations won't have to wonder if they should give back their donations, no victims.. but in fact, these pesky little details that can creep out of the woodwork, like Wills, and insurance policies, are very specific and with people of this wealth, I'm pretty sure things could tend to get more than a little complicated.

These people who would be complicit in this big coverup conspiracy theory would be exposing themselves and their organizations to unbelievably huge liability in a case such as this where the stakes could be in the hundreds of millions! Not to mention that these TPS, government employees, and paid politicians are risking public monies, as opposed to their own or their own business's private funds. It just would.not.happen. I mean, aside from any discussion about some people in our world still actually having integrity. The liability insurance held by these organizations wouldn't even begin to compensate for the lawsuits that could arise in a case such as this if they agree to just fudge a few of the main facts.

Things are not always simple and black and white like some seem to believe, but can instead be massively intertwined, and it absolutely *does* matter who killed who, who committed suicide, who went first, what was the cause and method, and every other detail. We have no idea how these legal documents may have been written .. whether they might give something to one party if this, or deny giving something to another party if that, et cetera. The possibilities as to how many things could potentially be skewed and affected are endless.

As much as it may seem to some that this case is flavor JonBenet, the differences are huge.

"Sources have told the Star that Barry’s will left everything to Honey if he died first; if she predeceased him, it divided the estimated $5-billion estate and control of Apotex between their four children, aged 28 to 43."

Unfortunately, Kevin lost total credibility with the above statement (from sources--not a source, but sources). If Honey died before Barry, she couldn't leave their entire $5 billion estate to their kids, meaning BS would be left with nothing.

Maybe this is a misprint...he meant to say that if Honey survived Barry, her estate would be divided among their children when she died. That is the usual agreement between a married couple who trust each other and want their kids to share equally when both have died.

If this was not a misprint, is Donovan trying to use Honey's (alleged) missing will (where Barry gets nothing) as a motive for Barry to kill her? As ridiculous as this sounds, I think that is what he is implying, after reading his entire article which suggests that the Court and police are complicit in a cover-up. You don't even have to read his article--his head line says it clearly "WHERE IS HONEY'S WILL"?

Any other potentially, legitimate actions pointing to a cover-up were pretty much debased imo.

I think, who dies first HS or BS would leave all her/his assets to the survivor; then when the second parent dies, the assets would be divided to 4 children. KD may have forgotten to mention, if she predeceased him "AND HE DIES AFTERWARDS, THEN" it divided the estimated .... and so on. Sounds bumpy and he didn't like it perhaps. ;)

If this was not a misprint, is Donovan trying to use Honey's (alleged) missing will (where Barry gets nothing) as a motive for Barry to kill her? As ridiculous as this sounds, I think that is what he is implying, after reading his entire article which suggests that the Court and police are complicit in a cover-up. You don't even have to read his article--his head line says it clearly "WHERE IS HONEY'S WILL"? ...
RSBM, RBBM

I doubt it?

If anything.. wouldn't this pretty much exclude Barry from being the one to have murdered Honey? The poor man would be homeless, penniless, and jobless, and his kids would have everything. He'd be at their mercy. I think that alone would be enough to give him enough pause to stop any raging murderous ideas he could possibly have potentially been having.

He purportedly didn't want to divorce her because he didn't want her to get 50% of 'his money', according to our verified insider on a recorded TV show, but he's okay with killing her and letting her pull 100% of everything he owned from under him? Okay, that's believable. Oh wait, maybe Honey's Will was another of the things he hid so well, along with the wrist bindings, that they're nowhere to be found, even though he remained in the house and there was no neighborhood footage of him leaving and coming back again?

When a Will is created, the copy kept personally is not the only copy. A copy will also be in the lawyer's office. I guess it sounds like investigators need to do more work to find which lawyer did Honey's last Will. I suppose it's possible that Honey could have potentially even drafted her own Will (although in her case, that would be more than surprising and ridiculous, not to mention stupid af), but she would have required two witness signatures (who were not beneficiaries of the Will) to sign it for it to be valid, so where are they? Nobody speaking up? Hmm.

Everything here seems so incredibly unlikely. Wouldn't the freaking Wills be the very first thing police looked at in a suspicious death or a homicide or a murder/suicide, to see who was going to benefit from the deaths? Is the family trying to hide Honey's Will for some private reason? (Obviously, but what is the reason - nefarious or ? ) Does it potentially implicate someone in particular to be worthy of more intense investigation?

My take on this only, but my impression is that Donovan is wondering about the motives of family, as opposed to implying that Barry did it. I had been waiting for some kind of a bombshell article from Donovan around the anniversary of the discovery of the Sherman bodies (waiting for Saturday's issue!), but wasn't expecting this!

Crazytown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member