CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
With CW, I had all I needed from very early on. His “confession” told me that he killed them all.

I just don’t have enough here to reach that level of confidence.

If there was a crime, I am extremely confident as to who is responsible.

It’s the whole “If there was a crime” part, that I’m not 100% sold on, although I’m really close.

I just want a bit more.
Ok well I appreciate the way you think through things. I am more emotional and I really like your posts. True, CW was transparent from the start. I never thought he would confess and I still don’t get that one.
So glad he did.

This case worries me. Thinking it may go on for a long while. And posts from the strange poster whom we dare not mention did not help. And comments made by family about sticking to facts, etc. If there is a homicide investigation, I feel pretty sure who their POI is. I do believe there was a crime.

I have wondered where your thinking was at this point. You were confident day one of CW’s guilt. This case is different and a baby has been left without her mother. There is so much we don’t know. And if I read the post above correctly, it sounds as if KB may have had a substance abuse problem? That would compound things for LE. Still, I always go back to the fact she has been missing for three weeks. I could easily believe she was abducted by a stranger but someone really close had to send those texts. So....it keeps going back to PF. I keep going round and round.
There is nothing to suggest that KB has a substance abuse problem. LE also said at the press conference today that her disappearance is suspicious and not voluntary.

KB re-pinned numerous quotes on her Pinterest board, which is simply re-pinning quotes that other people have pinned. As @Jennifer17 pointed out, if someone else has written comments or hashtags on their own pins, those same comments come along when you "re-pin" them to your board, unless you take the time to delete them. (Which I never bothered deleting either when I went through pinterest pinning phases.) I don't read anything in to hashtags on her pins. I don't believe we have seen an Instagram account for KB.

There is nothing to suggest that KB has a substance abuse problem. LE also said at the press conference today that her disappearance is suspicious and not voluntary.

KB re-pinned numerous quotes on her Pinterest board, which is simply re-pinning quotes that other people have pinned. As @Jennifer17 pointed out, if someone else has written comments or hashtags on their own pins, those same comments come along when you "re-pin" them to your board, unless you take the time to delete them. (Which I never bothered deleting either when I went through pinterest pinning phases.) I don't read anything in to hashtags on her pins. I don't believe we have seen an Instagram account for KB.

Thank You. For KB we need to stay true to facts and not accept gossip or unsubstantiated rumors

<modsnip - removed quoted post>

I think we are past the point of she's in a rehab facility. there is cbi, fbi, and multiple agencies involved for reasons....

Last edited by a moderator:
For those people who closely followed Twitter today, did you see photos of a Toyota Corolla parked at PF's home today?

I’m curious about a secondary car too. If LE was transporting him as courtesy to another vehicle, was it a rental provided by them, or does he have a second car? Why wouldn’t both cars be taken? Why would he need a ride to another car if he owns it?

If he had lawyered up prior to the media chasing him down at the attorney's office the day after the first press conference I would agree.

However, in more than one press release on the Woodland Park Police Department FB the police have said that Patrick had told them that he picked up their daughter later in the afternoon of November 22. I doubt that the police department is lying about Patrick telling them that and that would mean he had to have spoken with them.

Not only that but police also said that Patrick had voluntarily allowed a buccal swab and allowed law enforcement to search his phone, that is without a warrant. I don't think if he had representation that his attorney would advise him to do so.

I would suggest that Patrick not only spoke with law enforcement but did so in person at least once.

I'm not impressed. Nothing suggests he ever sat down with them. Giving those things voluntarily may not be a big deal as they could get a warrant for both. Answering detailed questions about his movements is crucial.

The #sober and #recovery tags are on Kelsey's Pinterest account on her Quotes Board. BUT... the text underneath the image comes with the image... meaning Kelsey did not necessarily add that text, but the original poster likely did. You used to be able to change/personalize that bottom text but when I try to now it does not give me the options to do so. So, you cannot attribute the bottom text (i.e. the #sober and #recovery) to Kelsey.

https://www.pinterest.com/kelseyber...&invite_code=538d13e26fca4b0d84c3a3d69754a473

Also, if we want to pull focus to her Pinterest account, her Quotes board particularly is full of a lot of quotes lending to the idea that she was going through something... relationship troubles possibly. I wish the posts would date stamp when she pinned them...

K
What would the significance of that be, though? Patrick claims that he picked up their daughter on Thanksgiving and Kelsey's mother has said that they were supposed to go out for dinner on Thanksgiving. So, his truck being seen there would seem to be evidence of nothing. What I am I missing? Has someone said he wasn't supposed to be anywhere near Kelsey's house that day?

What if camera's show Kelsey and the baby being picked up by PF? That wouldn't match PF story.

I think they were giving him a “courtesy ride” to his other vehicle since they removed his truck on a flatbed. Not sure where he will be staying while they continue with their search warrant as they expect it to take several days.
I wonder where his Mom will be staying, too? I am sure they have enough family to hang their hats at.

I found nothing on Instagram from Kelsey. Has it been removed?
I see 3 accounts that are missing Kelsey though.

And hashtags can and often do apply to friends and family members with addiction issues.
Moo

Never said intelligence. Him turning in his phone leading to the search makes me think he thought he can "trick" or "fool" LE. LE is HIGH TECH and has all the technology they need to bypass any trickery he tried. IMO someone's who whole life is more hands on physical work than say an IT guy, will likely have less super advanced tech skills to hide what he wants hidden.

Basically he thinks he's smarter than he is. Like CW and many others.
We don't know that it was him turning over his phone that led to the search. We would have to see the probable cause affidavit for the search warrant to know what facts were enough to have the warrant granted.

Thank you so much for explaining this to me. Much appreciated.

OK, did they find the phone? I know we don’t know.. but finding that phone and finding dirt from same area on that truck is all they need. I may be reaching here like a CSI episode but they may be able to find that phone.
That phone could by anywhere between Colorado and Idaho.

They ain’t ever finding it.

I’m sorry. Don’t know what you are saying. Pinterest??
I dont know much about pinterest or FB either, so it's hard to make a determination on what certain posts or "tags" mean without seeing it. Does tagging about being sober mean it could be anyone who posted it?
Either way, I don't think it's a big deal.
Didn't Kelseys aunt say those issues were in the past?

I dont know much about pinterest or FB either, so it's hard to make a determination on what certain posts or "tags" mean without seeing it. Does tagging about being sober mean it could be anyone who posted it?
Either way, I don't think it's a big deal.
Didn't Kelseys aunt say those issues were in the past?
I don't think they were EVER!!!

It’s possible that she wasn’t up front with her mom as to what was going on in her personal life.

This guy didn’t report her missing. Even if they were no longer engaged, she still had a daughter. There’s almost no chance that she would go more than a week without seeing her, or her “fiance” becoming concerned when he lost contact with her.

He refused to help search for her, or speak to the media at any point.

If foul play occurred, it was by someone very close to her. Someone who knew exactly who to text, and a person who had a vested interest in creating misdirection.

Only one person has a reason to do this, and police searched his property today.

Anyone else committing this crime, if that’s what this is, would have had to have gotten extremely lucky that the fiancé never filed a missing person’s report.

This isn’t a coincidence, as no one gets that lucky.

Well, if she had a boyfriend other than PF, or a close friend, they may know her visitation schedule with PF. Again, I really feel that the obvious is likely what happened here, but there are other possibilities too, not likely possibilities, but they are there. We assume there wasn’t another existing relationship there. It would definitely be helpful to have an idea of what the probable cause was to search today, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member