CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is not talking to LE and has not talked to LE. Regardless as to whether he has a comfy room for his daughter.
If he had lawyered up prior to the media chasing him down at the attorney's office the day after the first press conference I would agree.

However, in more than one press release on the Woodland Park Police Department FB the police have said that Patrick had told them that he picked up their daughter later in the afternoon of November 22. I doubt that the police department is lying about Patrick telling them that and that would mean he had to have spoken with them.

Not only that but police also said that Patrick had voluntarily allowed a buccal swab and allowed law enforcement to search his phone, that is without a warrant. I don't think if he had representation that his attorney would advise him to do so.

I would suggest that Patrick not only spoke with law enforcement but did so in person at least once.

The Denver Post‏Verified account @denverpost
#UPDATE Fiancé of missing Woodland Park woman has only spoken with police through his attorney, authorities say:

kelsey-berreth-miising_AC20740x.jpg

2:26 PM - 14 Dec 2018

Woodland Park police search ranch of Kelsey Berreth's fiance

If he had lawyered up prior to the media chasing him down at the attorney's office the day after the first press conference I would agree.

However, in more than one press release on the Woodland Park Police Department FB the police have said that Patrick had told them that he picked up their daughter later in the afternoon of November 22. I doubt that the police department is lying about Patrick telling them that and that would mean he had to have spoken with them.

Not only that but police also said that Patrick had voluntarily allowed a buccal swab and allowed law enforcement to search his phone, that is without a warrant. I don't think if he had representation that his attorney would advise him to do so.

I would suggest that Patrick not only spoke with law enforcement but did so in person at least once.
De Young said Frazee has communicated with police through his attorney but wants him to speak directly with investigators because police believe he was the last person to see Berreth, whose disappearance has mystified her family and authorities.
Police want direct talk with missing Colorado mom's fiance

Honestly, for a holiday that to me is not a highly important one, yes. If I know my child is safe, I wouldn't much care.

That's just me. I also have a bunch of crazy active boys, who by 15 months are already plotting world destruction, so if I had a break from that, I'd take it.

Yea I hear ya . I dont mean to judge. One of my kids had Baby Colic. I love him as much as the others but OMG!!!

Interesting thought. I don't know. Maybe. But as to the suspect designation, there is no law that states when someone can be called a suspect by LE. A person is an"official suspect" when LE say they are.

In the old days they used to be quicker to call people suspects. It now seems protocol not to except in rare circumstances when they are certain they can get no more info from a perp and want to put pressure on them. People clam up when you call them suspects. So they don't call people suspects much anymore.

It's a strategic term.

However, it can have legal ramifications in that when LE speaks to someone they have deemed a suspect, and they haven't given that person a Miranda warning, it can make it more difficult to determine whether they were in custody during an interrogation. And if they can be considered in custody then anything they say without being given a Miranda warning would be inadmissible.

So to summarize, it's probably stupid for LE to officially call suspects "suspects", in most circumstances. They can call a person a suspect whenever they want. I'm not sure why some are upset about this.

I sometimes find the pressers illuminating even when they don't answer much.

I got a lot out of it. They're definitely countering the perception that PF is a cooperative and loving daddy.

I think it was a show of force too. Often they're psychological.
Illuminating is a perfect definition!!!

I would love finding out he is innocent of any wrongdoing. His behavior in not reporting her missing though is a red flag to me.

Watching the candle vigil video, not one person talking to media actually knew KB. I believe the odds that KB, who left her vehicles parked at her townhome, traveled away with anybody else but PF, are pretty slim. MOO
Likely. However, she did work in Pueblo and at a place the size of her employer and her being there two years I can't imagine she didn't know any co-workers or make any friends at work or even met people who she didn't work with while out and about for lunch or whatever.

Watching the candle vigil video, not one person talking to media actually knew KB. I believe the odds that KB, who left her vehicles parked at her townhome, traveled away with anybody else but PF, are pretty slim. MOO
I might have, probably have, missed it....but have any of her or his friends come forward?

Last edited:
Police: Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance now considered suspicious, search of fiancé’s property could last days
Authorities announced Friday afternoon that they are now classifying Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance as suspicious, 23 days after she was last seen.

The announcement comes as investigators with multiple agencies search Patrick Frazee’s home, which police said could take days.

“We are asking Patrick to sit down with investigators since he was the last person to talk with Kelsey face-to-face based on our investigation,” De Young said.

That quote appears to contradict earlier statements provided by Patrick Frazee’s attorney, Jeremy Loew. Loew’s statement said Frazee has cooperated with the investigation and voluntarily handed over his phone, DNA samples and photos. However, Loew released a second statement Friday that said, “Mr. Frazee was never asked to voluntarily participate in this search.”

De Young said Frazee is communicating with police through his attorney.

When asked if Frazee traveled between the time he picked up their daughter and when she was reported missing, De Young said he wants to ask Frazee that question as well.

“That would be a great question we would like to talk to him about.” De Young said.

The Police Chief said the search could take several days.I am just curious, when they remove a person from their property for that long, what happens to the animals there? Does someone assume the care and feeding? I saw horses, a dog, obviously a lot of cattle outside.

I dont think there is a requirement to vacate the property. I would expect LE to be welcoming of your presence. They could ask you questions that arise while they're there.

I just had this pit in my stomach today at 230pm! I wish we had more info. I just feel so bad for Kelsey. <modsnip - accusatory>. Ugh. They can track his car through lights and cameras right??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member