Australia Australia - Belinda Peisley, 19, Katoomba, NSW, 16 Sep 1998

Living close by I know the street (or rather avenue in this case) the house is in as well as the house number however, the street name (but not the number of the house to what I have seen anyway) has been mentioned in a few MM news articles over the years.

"Leading up to her disappearance, Ms Peisley had inherited a significant amount of money from a distant relative, told family she was fearing for her life, and became involved in the local drug community.

The clothing was found hidden deep in soil under the Trow Avenue property yesterday afternoon."

VIDEO: Belinda Peisley mystery, Police excavate beneath Katoomba home

NSW Police Video footage of the search under the house at Trow Ave Katoomba -

MAIN STREAM MEDIA
Daily Mail Australia UK
Original link: Video: Grim discovery as police find underwear at murdered teen's old home | Daily Mail Online
Video: Grim discovery as police find underwear at murdered teen's old home
Grim discovery in search for murdered mother-of-two: Police find underwear and women's clothing buried beneath Belinda Peisley's old home but are still no closer to finding her killer

Video:
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/vide...09313301/1024x576_MP4_5061686821509313301.mp4

Last edited:
The only recent news about Belinda Peisley is just a few lines (half way down the Page) in the local Blue Mountains Gazette dated 11th December 2018 which say nothing much other than they are waiting for the results which I gather can take a while. Otherwise life here goes on with no signs that there ever was an excavation under her former house. I just hope that something is found and that the Persons of Interest and possibly a couple of others are worried.

'Police are awaiting the results of forensic testing on clothing buried under the former Katoomba home of Belinda Peisley, who went missing 20 years ago. The underwear, in the teenager’s size, was uncovered during a three-day dig last week.'

Great Christmas tree heist in Katoomba

how is it a false report? It was reported by the officer in charge...?

Which article was that frogwell?
Is it on the thread?

Just revisiting that aspect of the pregnancy - and it comes up (also) in a report in 2013 from the SMH - though I'm not sure if it is a word by word account, but it was purportedly included as a mention from a witness on record at the time of the 2013 Coroners Inquest.

Main Stream Media
11 April 2013
Sydney Morning Herald
Full article Link:
'I don't want to talk any more', witness tells inquest into young mother's death

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-into-young-mothers-death-20130411-2hneu.html
Ms Wailes told the inquest she now did not remember being angry at Ms Peisley.
She said she stopped staying at Ms Peisley's house because the 19-year-old had recently found out she was pregnant, and Ms Wailes wanted to give her some privacy.
The matter continues before Coroner Paul MacMahon.

Which article was that frogwell?
Is it on the thread?

Just revisiting that aspect of the pregnancy - and it comes up (also) in a report in 2013 from the SMH - though I'm not sure if it is a word by word account, but it was purportedly included as a mention from a witness on record at the time of the 2013 Coroners Inquest.

Main Stream Media
11 April 2013
Sydney Morning Herald
Full article Link:
'I don't want to talk any more', witness tells inquest into young mother's death

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-into-young-mothers-death-20130411-2hneu.html

Officer-in-charge Inspector Chris Reed told the inquest Ms Peisley had outstanding debts at the time of her disappearance and had just found out she was pregnant.
Facebook threats sent to inquest witnesses - 9News

Heidi Wailes’ evidence was that Belinda had become aware that she was pregnant and believed Justin Kondek was the father. There was no evidence that Justin Kondek knew, or was made aware, of that fact prior to Belinda’s disappearance. In fact, the evidence is that Belinda was not pregnant at the time of her disappearance. Although Karla Priestley has said that she believed Justin Kondek knew Belinda was pregnant,57 he denies any such knowledge. Furthermore, even if such evidence did exist, there is no evidence that Justin Kondek would have been unhappy about that fact at the time. It certainly provides no evidence of a motive by Kondek to kill or seriously harm Belinda
http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/peisley, belinda shirley - findings.pdf

I have question marks about Justin Kondeck. He stated that after he left Trow Avenue on the 26/09/98, he stayed the night at Allan Cameron's house and said that Belinda had kicked him out. Allan Cameron does not coroberate that story. He doesn't remember Justin ever staying at his house and met him at Katoomba station on the morning of the 27/09 to travel to the Grand Final in Sydney. A neighbor heard Belinda going off on the 26/09 and was watching the house. He claims that he saw Belinda and her boyfriend leaving the Trow street property on the morning of the 27/09 and walking towards the main town of Katoomba. The neighbor's statements were in Who Killied Belinds Peisly documentary and subsequent 10 minute segments filmed for the program. I do not understand how Justin returned on the 28/09 and found Belinda's keycard and medicare card in Belinda's wallet in her handbag and yet Heidi Wailes had been at the property on the 27/09 and gone through the same handbag and taken Belinda's wallet. Surely, she did not go through the handbag and decide to leave her keycard there when she was a junkie and had robbed Belinda the week before. So many questions..........

Officer-in-charge Inspector Chris Reed told the inquest Ms Peisley had outstanding debts at the time of her disappearance and had just found out she was pregnant.
Facebook threats sent to inquest witnesses - 9News

Heidi Wailes’ evidence was that Belinda had become aware that she was pregnant and believed Justin Kondek was the father. There was no evidence that Justin Kondek knew, or was made aware, of that fact prior to Belinda’s disappearance. In fact, the evidence is that Belinda was not pregnant at the time of her disappearance. Although Karla Priestley has said that she believed Justin Kondek knew Belinda was pregnant,57 he denies any such knowledge. Furthermore, even if such evidence did exist, there is no evidence that Justin Kondek would have been unhappy about that fact at the time. It certainly provides no evidence of a motive by Kondek to kill or seriously harm Belinda
http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/peisley, belinda shirley - findings.pdf

I wonder what evidence the Coroner is referring too -
so, the Coroners report is saying that Belinda was not pregnant.

This came up on my podcasts today. Somehow I can't see this podcast revealing anything new. I hope to be surprised.
From the podcast, it was good to get the timings of when BP's mother and aunt visited her place after she disappeared and their explanation for why they didn't call the police, also I thought I heard in the podcast that BP drove to her aunts place when she was fearful for her life. I had not heard of her driving before and thought of her restricted to public transport.

Details of phone tap in 20-year cold case of missing Blue Mountains mother revealed - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Details of a phone tap recorded during an investigation into the suspicious disappearance of 19-year-old Belinda Peisley suggest a former boyfriend of Ms Peisley was referring to a "dead chick".

The summary of the telephone intercept, obtained by Unravel, details a conversation between Ms Peisley's former boyfriend, Jason (whose name has been changed for legal reasons) and his mother, recorded a year before the inquest into Ms Peisley's disappearance.

[...]

Details of phone tap in 20-year cold case of missing Blue Mountains mother revealed - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Details of a phone tap recorded during an investigation into the suspicious disappearance of 19-year-old Belinda Peisley suggest a former boyfriend of Ms Peisley was referring to a "dead chick".

The summary of the telephone intercept, obtained by Unravel, details a conversation between Ms Peisley's former boyfriend, Jason (whose name has been changed for legal reasons) and his mother, recorded a year before the inquest into Ms Peisley's disappearance.

[...]
The timeline with the article is interesting

So from the podcast, episode 2, my understanding is that JK acknowledges that Belinda had told him that she thought she might be pregnant due to body changes she was noticing. He had mixed feelings about that. She had a pregnancy test at the doctors about two days before she went missing and the result was negative. The coroner's findings says that there was no evidence that JK was aware of the pregnancy situation or how he might feel about it? I am confused with the evidence given and what the coroner finds.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back