CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as PF not coming forward bc it may bring out details that don’t jive with a story that KB was telling relatives, it’s just hard for me to accept that possibility. If I’m the “logical” suspect in a disappearance, I’m going to be as upfront as I possibly can be- assuming I’m not guilty. Obv JMO but I’m not going to make myself look more guilty to protect someone else’s false narrative.[/QUOTE

PF has been advised to remain silent, by his lawyer and probably by his LE relatives. Many on these threads state that they would speak to LE if innocent, but unless someone has been put in that position it’s difficult to say how one would handle it. PF never has to speak to LE, or testify in front of grand jury or even at trial. That doesn’t mean that LE can’t collect all manner of non-testimonial evidence from his house, vehicles, computers, phones, etc....The constitutional right against self-incrimination doesn’t apply to those other forms of evidence. Depending on the evidence gathered so far, LE may seek to question those around PF, and can apply pressure to those people who may be at risk for helping him (hypothetically).

Correct. But we do not know what he has said to LE or his attorney. At all. But for now, he’s getting a trial by sensnsational media and the country because he’s not out there in MSM giving his side. We are not privy to certain conversations so our couriosity is judging him. We are filling in blanks at the moment.

To be fair to the media and everyone questioning PF, it isn’t at all that he isn’t out in front of cameras giving his side that makes everyone look at him sideways. It is that he isn’t even giving the police his side. He isn’t talking to them or cooperating at all it seems. He apparently loves his kid so why won’t he help find her mom?

I can’t carry a quote here, but her having a PO Box in Florissant could merely be related to certifying pilots or her job. Not wanting to give out a home address. That’s not unreasonable.

My mother has lived in the same place for 30+ years a the edge of a small town and had a PO box until less than a year ago. She liked having a PO box because she would often travel and visit friends, being away from home for several days or a week or two at the time. With a PO box, she wasn't worried about her mail being stolen or piling up while she was away.

To be fair to the media and everyone questioning PF, it isn’t at all that he isn’t out in front of cameras giving his side that makes everyone look at him sideways. It is that he isn’t even giving the police his side. He isn’t talking to them or cooperating at all it seems. He apparently loves his kid so why won’t he help find her mom?
My best guess is because he doesn't want to incriminate himself and get caught in a lie later.

You are correct. There is no evidence, but the last time I checked Websleuths, we are free to throw ideas out there if it might help with the case. We also can be respectful to ideas and opinions. Please flag my quote if you feel it is against policy. Otherwise, no need to bold and be rude. Thanks.

We are also free to counter opinions. Nothing either of us said is against TOS, nor is anything I said rude or bold. Sorry you took it that way...........

Yes, his apparent lack of concern is disturbing, IMO.

My best guess is because he doesn't want to incriminate himself and get caught in a lie later.

Is this assuming he is involved or uninvolved in her disappearance. If he is completely uninvolved, I assume it would be hard to get caught in a lie, right? He’d just need to be honest. But yes, I agree he doesn’t want to get caught in a lie, which makes me think he is involved in some way. This is so sad.

With as much national media attention as this case is getting it’s concerning that there have been no sightings of her or even potential sightings that we know about. If she really did leave on her own accord I would think someone would have to have seen her at one point or another by now.

I guess I’m having issues conveying what I’m trying to say. I don’t disagree that they are not close. I don’t disagree that her taking off is out of character. Obviously, something bad happened. Not like she is partying in Mexico. What I was trying to convey, is they might it be privy to her whole life...that’s all. And to be honest, while statistically he looks suspect, it’s also not a bad idea to look at other things as well. In case she is out there...needing help.
I apologize if I misunderstood. Thank you for the clarification.

I agree that KB probably didn't share every minute detail of her life (who does, right?!) but I think she was too close to her mother not to share something significant. Her uncle described their relationship as "attached at the hip."

LE has stated that they are considering all options however, they've also appealed to CF to sit down with investigators and although he hasn't, they still found probable cause to search his property.

MOO

I am very curious about KB's family 's relationship with PF. Were they here for the birth of the baby? Did KB & PF travel to Idaho to visit her parents/family? Did the parents/other relatives travel to Colorado to visit KB & baby? If they did, was PF included in the visit? If the baby is 15 months old she was born in mid 2017. If KB moved here in 2016, how long did she know PF before she moved here or did she move here & then meet him? I just get the feeling the extended family members don't know PF that well.

With objectivity

We do not have a murder weapon
We do not have fingerprints
We do not have a crime scene
We do not have a body

We do not even have any evidence a crime or coverup has occurred

BUT, we know WHO did it!

Nice ....

The title is misleading. It stated that authorities were seen digging on the property but in the article it says neighbors saw digging equipment on the property. Which is it? I haven't seen any verification that they actually were digging on the property.
Unless it was the air, the media wouldn't have footage of any actual digging. The road was blocked off and the property is surrounded by trees. I'm curious if any actual digging took place too. I'd wager it didn't or they would still be there.
MOO

Last edited:
An excerpt from our rules:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

With objectivity

We do not have a murder weapon
We do not have fingerprints
We do not have a crime scene
We do not have a body

We do not even have any evidence a crime or coverup has occurred

BUT, we know WHO did it!

Nice ....
No, some of us consider PF the most suspect at this point. It would certainly help if he would cooperate and sit down with investigators.
MOO

With as much national media attention as this case is getting it’s concerning that there have been no sightings of her or even potential sightings that we know about. If she really did leave on her own accord I would think someone would have to have seen her at one point or another by now.

The timing of her being reported missing has definitely hampered the video coverage that might have been available. Am sure most would overwrite after a week or so.. As cost/storage of the information becomes an issue if kept long term

The title is misleading. It stated that authorities were seen digging on the property but in the article it says neighbors saw digging equipment on the property. Which is it? I haven't seen any verification that they actually were digging on the property.

No, I haven't either. Just because LE had the digging equipment hauled to the property doesn't mean the equipment was taken off the trailer and used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear