CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know her exact work schedule. It is easy to cross reference the Doss-owned planes that are located in Pueblo. Using a flight tracker, it looks like a large portion of the Doss owned planes that fly out Pueblo flew on 11/21, but then did not fly again until (at least) 11/26.
Wow - that's good sleuthing. Thank you. So she would not have needed to call in for 11/23 IMO.

In conjunction with my previous post above regarding SF, PF's mother, being a caretaker of K, it was totally unnecessary for PF to be carting K around while in town to hire a lawyer. PF could have left her with his mom at home on the ranch. K was used as a shield and as a "softener" for PF, whether he is guilty or innocent.
While I agree that is a possible motive and even a possible PR strategy, I can see other possible explanations. What if his mom wasn't available during that time? Or is under a lot of stress and not holding up well enough to keep the baby in his judgment? What if he expects that there could be some sort of threat to his child and is trying to personally protect her? There's other reasonable explanations in addition to the valid possibility you suggested.

You can purchase a permit to cut down one tree. It's an easy Google. ;)

We can do that, too, but most people don’t because they would have to lug the tree through the forest and it isn’t all that easy to find a suitable tree in the national forest. That area and others may be totally different from mine.

Do you have a source for this? I have seen it mentioned only here and never seen it in MSM.
I am using a source - eoline - that credits the Denver Post reporting below what was said on Kelsey's Missing FB page.

The Facebook page posted on Dec. 6 that it would be "out of character" for Kelsey to not contact anyone before flying a plane.

"Kelsey is a pilot. Although it would be out of character for her to not contact anyone before making a cross-country trip we can't exclude the possibility. Kelsey has ties to the Pacific Northwest as well as Kansas. She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from," the post read. "I don't believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now."

A Missing Colorado Mom Sent Texts 3 Days After Her Disappearance

If I am not mistaken that quote comes from a comment made by her brother - but I could be wrong - and I don't believe we can link to that comment directly, if so.

In conjunction with my previous post above regarding SF, PF's mother, being a caretaker of K, it was totally unnecessary for PF to be carting K around while in town to hire a lawyer. PF could have left her with his mom at home on the ranch. K was used as a shield and as a "softener" for PF, whether he is guilty or innocent.

delete incorrect info I posted.

Last edited:
PF cannot be the primary caregiver if he is out all day in barns and on other people's property. He cannot be dragging a baby with him while performing his job, which is somewhat dangerous. PF would we dealing with horses that kick and spending a lot of time shoeing and trimming hooves in barn settings with manure and other hazards for a walking/crawling baby.

PF is basically a rancher with other side jobs. He's not sitting in an office, using a computer all day while K sits in a playpen or wanders the house. K is at toddler, and toddlers are very active. It would be dangerous for her to be with PF while he was working.

I'm just trying to avoid assumptions. Do you have a reason to believe he is out "all day" on other people's property? I understand he has several jobs, one of which would prompt him to travel at least locally. But we don't know if he did six house calls a week or one, in addition to raising livestock and dogs. While you definitely may be right, if one was living with their parent, and made the living off their farm in part, it seems like one could afford to cut back on hours and be more of a stay at home dad when needed too. So just wondering if we had these ideas about his work schedule or week confirmed anywhere that I missed.

If they had video footage of someone waiting in the parking lot, they'd have released that and they wouldn't have sought a search warrant for PF's property and wasted tax dollars on a search of his property and vehicles.
I will say that there is some connection between the shopping trip, the phone call to her mother and the recipe KB asked for. I'm not sure what it is, but in one of the interviews CB was asked for more detail about what the recipe was, she hesitated and then repeated that KB had called asking about a recipe and refused to go into any more detail. Since you normally shop for things for a recipe, it would stand to reason that whatever KB bought at safeway was for that recipe. But why be coy about it?
Agree! The phone call with KB’s mom, the discussion of a recipe, shopping trip to Safeway, items purchased at Safeway and where those items eventually ended up...trunk, counter, cupboards and fridge or all part of LE’s timeline. I can understand why their all so tight lipped, but that doesn’t stop my curiosity!

PF is a farrier, horse and cattle broker, a dog trainer who raises his own pups. By necessity, he spends a lot of time in barns shoeing horses on his property and the property of others. To make a living, he would have to go out of town.

Many people have made the assumption PF did a lot of the daycare for K. That is a wrong assumption. SF, PF's mother, lives at the same location and she would have been the primary caregiver for when K was in their custody. I'm not saying PF didn't play with K or never give her a bottle, etc. What I want to convey is I believe PF's mother, SF, who helps him run the ranch, is the one who would be K's primary caretaker when KB didn't have her.

Let that sink in.
I've known, and hired, farriers who bring their kids with them. It's not unheard of.

Wow - that's good sleuthing. Thank you. So she would not have needed to call in for 11/23 IMO.

Certainly seems that, at least a portion of, the company was closed on Friday. They do deal with the government, so some staff may have been present. It does not seem that any training flights took place on the 23rd (unless a flight plan was not submitted).

I wonder if LE will search any places of business connected to PF, and or KB now.
Especially ones that are around Gooding Idaho.
Must be something caught on cameras, or even electronic trail. Ie debit, credit cards, gas fill ups, visit to such business, that might be out of the ordinary.
Maybe someone who knows either one of them, or someone connected to either one of them.who may have seen something but doesn't even realize it's important, because it would probably seem like routine business.

Someone several threads ago posted aerial views of the property he lives on. The driveway behind the locked gate appears to go to the residence on the property, IMO. This can also be seen in aerial news footage from this past Friday, when LE started searching that property per a search warrant.

When folks with gates across driveway entrances order something, there's usually a call box outside the gate to call for entry, or the gate has been opened, or someone is waiting at the gate, or a there's a weatherproof box at the gate to put the package in. In other words, some kind of arrangements are usually made, IMO.
True. We have gates to our property here in NM. The unspoken rule is when gates to property are closed you don’t go in unless expected to be there. If we forget to open our gate for a package the UPS driver leaves the package inside of the gate. In this part of the country people live on land to enjoy privacy. Right before the latest election a lady opened the gate and came to the door. I politely told her, she didn’t seem to be from here, that when a gates closed out in rural NM you don’t enter. Our property is small, 2 acres, but it’s still private. I would bet though that Kelsey came and went on a fiancé’s property at will because of the baby.

The way I see it IMO. Is that she did not have plans with anyone else that night. I think she planned on spending it with her baby and the father or maybe with her baby alone. Dinner IMO was to be with him and her baby. I wish I knew what she bought at safeway. I haven't read all the threads - does anyone know what she purchased? Has it come out that she said SHE WASN'T spending it with him? I think something went bad between them later that day. What is his alibi for that afternoon and night? What is it for the following day and night? Or the next day or the next day and night or next or next (see how much time he had?) Did he leave the baby with mom and go off driving? All things I want to know that matter here. Also - just because he handed off his phone means nothing, he could have deleted messages, unless it is backed up on a cloud, they are gone.

PF cannot be the primary caregiver if he is out all day in barns and on other people's property. He cannot be dragging a baby with him while performing his job, which is somewhat dangerous. PF would we dealing with horses that kick and spending a lot of time shoeing and trimming hooves in barn settings with manure and other hazards for a walking/crawling baby.

PF is basically a rancher with other side jobs. He's not sitting in an office, using a computer all day while K sits in a playpen or wanders the house. K is at toddler, and toddlers are very active. It would be dangerous for K to be with PF while he was working.

This could be an added stressor for him. I can see him taking a baby in a carrier to other barns for farrier work before the baby started getting active. But toddler stage? Nope. I agree it's too dangerous. Older children that know to stay away from the animals, yes. But not a toddler. IMO.

Has it been stated that PF is the daily childcare person? If so, I missed that.

Also, any reason to believe they were getting a tree on that day?? She was getting recipes.

Also, I don’t agree that she is necessarily “too good” for him, as some have suggested. What does that even mean? She obviously thought he was good enough to have him as father of her child. And we know as much about Kelsey as we do about him, really, meaning almost nothing. Her mother is the only one who described her, and she also said they have a loving relationship. Jmo

I wonder if LE will search any places of business connected to PF, and or KB now.
Especially ones that are around Gooding Idaho.
Must be something caught on cameras, or even electronic trail. Ie debit, credit cards, gas fill ups, visit to such business, that might be out of the ordinary.
Maybe someone who knows either one of them, or someone connected to either one of them.who may have seen something but doesn't even realize it's important, because it would probably seem like routine business.
Great question. I've wondered about that too. It'll be interesting to see if they ever search planes or facilities at her work or land that he could possibly rent for grazing cattle and so on? What other business locations would you suspect there might be?

That is a different issue. That is about how the military failed to report issues THEY had already uncovered, to a national data base involving gun ownership.

But it doesn't show that they failed to uncover issues or conduct their own, accurate background checks.

Background checks of pilots have to be super thorough. The liability involved and bad press and resultant loss of business if a company failed to conduct a thorough background check of a pilot, and that pilot went nuts or failed to do something and it resulted in fatalities, would be far too great.

Of course nothing is 100% perfect but American aviation is one of the most rock solid industries when it comes to safety and safety protocols.

I had a debilitating fear of flyers by and took a four day fear of flying course during which I learned everything about the industry when it comes to safety. It's incredible.

The chance that this young woman had significant mental health or addiction issues and was allowed to fly is slim, IMO.

It's not a different issue. Several of the articles go beyond that particular incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500