CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would an unknown assailant text her work and the fiance?

Maybe just for the reason we are seeing here, we are assuming PF may have done this partially because of those messages. Looks in her phone and sees who she talks to most or most recent call log

Here’s the thing.

If PF is completely innocent here, and there is no nefarious explanation as to what happened to Kelsey, then he committed one of the worst public relations blunders that anyone in his position has ever committed.

Fine, he didn’t report her missing, all he has to do is explain why.

Fine, he doesn’t feel comfortable making a public plea for her safe return, get someone else to do it for you.

Is it that hard to make a Facebook post, send a Tweet, or distribute fliers for the missing mother of your child?

Those were the two biggest sins on his part.

That’s not normal, and it opens yourself up to tremendous suspicion.

Disaster!
And past experience of the missing shows that it's human nature for people to want to help. If you are camera shy, friends come forward to act as your spokesperson, help distribute flyers, get the ball rolling on your behalf if you will. Unlike KB, PF is a local guy with much family around, and the silence from his camp is deafening. MOO

Yes, driving through Gooding to reach Eastern Wa is possible, just don't think it's plausible.

Do you mean that heading to Eastern WA is not plausible, or traveling there via Gooding is not plausible?

If you mean the second then why don't you think it is plausible? Google maps shows the recommended route from Florissant, CO to Soap Lake, WA passes right next to Gooding.

I was knee deep in some procrastination a couple of nights ago and I ended watching a documentary to pass the time. I believe the name of it was Weapons of Mass Surveillance. I always find it difficult to believe everything that is said in a documentary of this nature. However, it did present some very interesting information about the development and use of very complex surveillance technology, in this country, ever since 9/11. LE must know of all the forms of transportation all people involved in this case have access to. Makes and models, colors, etc. I learned that most Americans are unaware of how easy it has become for multiple agencies to keep tabs on so much of what we do throughout the day. It has also become very easy for these groups to piece together various recorded feeds, over great distance if they ever need to dertermine how someone got from point a to point b, how long it took, etc. I do believe some very smart tech people would be able to do something like this pretty easily nowadays. They are able locate all operational cameras, business security cameras, traffic cams, even those little cameras we see in some outdoor ATMs, pull the tapes and and comb through everything recorded until the have whatever they are looking for. Apparently this can be done in the smallest towns if need be. If even some of that information is accurate I feel like it would be very possible to find out if who was where, when, how they got to the places mentioned in earlier reports, etc. KB was seen on the recording at the Safeway, as she went into the store. That place probably has exterior cameras and I am fairly certain there is an exterior camera or two in other locations in the immediate area of the store. Maybe they have done this already and we don't know but, I have to think the agencies investigating this would be able to follow her movement after leaving for a decent amount of time. I would think they would be able to locate some cameras that could show when PF left one place and went to the next. They may not be able to gather HD quality recordings but, something defomeotve is all that's needed.
I know this may seem far fetched and too much like an unrealistic CIA movie but, I really do believe if the big agencies want to figure out where folks are or where they have been, they are more than capable of doing so. There has to be something out there that caught something.

Oh! Here's a good new article:

WOODLAND PARK – Kelsey Berreth’s decision to move to Colorado in 2016 was motivated by love, according to a family member.

Ed Stanfill, Berreth’s uncle, spoke with News 5’s Sam Kraemer Monday, saying she wanted to get closer to then-boyfriend Patrick Frazee. After she moved, Stanfill said she accepted a job at Doss Aviation.

Berreth, who had attended flight school and worked as an instructor in Washington, got to know Frazee some time before moving to Colorado in 2016. Stanfill said he does not know how the couple met, saying, “She’s a pilot. She knows a lot of people.”

Despite working in Pueblo, Stanfill said his niece chose to live in Woodland Park to be closer to Frazee. She did not live with Frazee, he said, because the now-fiancé also lives with his mother.

A handful of law enforcement agencies just completed a search of the property Frazee lives at in Florrisant on Sunday. Authorities have not released any information on what evidence was collected.

Family: Kelsey Berreth moved to Colorado to be closer to Frazee

BBM

Nice work, @gliving. That article is super informative.

I sure wish some of those "lots of people" that Kelsey knows would speak out so we can get a fuller picture of her character and personality, as we were fortunate to have with Shanann.

We certainly can't blame Kelsey for not wanting to live with her MIL... But the question remains why PF wouldn't want to move in with his baby and his gal instead of his mom at 32 years old.

EXCLUSIVE: Fiancé of missing Colorado mom is a 'shy old-fashioned cowboy' who would NEVER hurt her, claim friends after cops end search of 30-acre ranch where he lives with his mother

Neighbors described fiancé of missing Colorado woman as 'quiet' and 'good' | Daily Mail Online

Wow! This paints a picture of PF, and it ain’t pretty.

She said: 'It's a characteristic that was ongoing for years. Anytime he was at a rope and his horse didn't act right, he'd rip on his face, kick him. In the community, we were all at ropings and stuff, but if the horse doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do you don't just beat them.'

Recalling a rodeo in nearby town Cripple Creek several years ago, she described Frazee losing his cool with his horse.

She said: 'One time we were at a rodeo in Cripple Creek and he got mad because his horse didn't do good and somebody didn't heel just right to help him get in the money and he got so mad he left out of Cripple Creek Rodeo, flipped his horse trailer with his horse in it and almost killed that horse.”

I think this has been touched on before, but for my own clarification I'm going to ask again. Is there any possible way a plane can take off for a destination without logging a flight plan? Is there any way someone could fudge on a flight plan say if they had help from the ground *air traffic control*? I know zero about how this works but common sense tells me planes have to be guided through the air so they don't crash into one another. I'm just wondering if there is some elaborate (or simple) way someone could get around this?

Small planes that are flying under a certain height under VFR (visual flight rules, as opposed to instrument flying) are not required to file flight plans. (If you remember the JFK Jr. plane crash, the reason it took so long for them to realize he was missing and weren't quite sure where to search was because he didn't file a flight plan.) Many small airports don't have a tower, pilots announce their intentions to take off and land on the radio and ask for any other traffic in the area to let them know where they are. You can file a flight plan if you want, but you don't have to.

To File Or Not To File - AOPA

BBM

I sure wish some of those "lots of people" that Kelsey knows would speak out so we can get a fuller picture of her character and personality, as we were fortunate to have with Shanann.

We certainly can't blame Kelsey for not wanting to live with her MIL... But the question remains why PF wouldn't want to move in with his baby and his gal instead of his mom at 32 years old.
I just posted this too. Sorry I should’ve looked first!

Am wondering if PF takes care of his mom, i.e can’t just up and move without someone else moving in? If so, that could make it difficult for them to figure out how to get married, live together etc. but if she moved to CO to be near him, I think it is safe to say she felt it was a solid relationship with a future.

This is just me, but in my mind, “old fashioned” ,as he is described in the new article, often equals conservative, with fixed ideas of things...especially male-female roles. Again...just my opinion and experience.

BBM

If he had cattle to tend to, he would really need to live close to them. KB didn't want to live there with the mother (understandable). So perhaps she bought the home in WP and they were trying to save up money so they could buy their own place close to his cattle. That would seem to make perfect sense. In the article, KB's elderly neighbor said she thought PF lived with KB. So I take that to mean he was at the house a lot.

Wow! This paints a picture of PF, and it ain’t pretty.

She said: 'It's a characteristic that was ongoing for years. Anytime he was at a rope and his horse didn't act right, he'd rip on his face, kick him. In the community, we were all at ropings and stuff, but if the horse doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do you don't just beat them.'

Recalling a rodeo in nearby town Cripple Creek several years ago, she described Frazee losing his cool with his horse.

She said: 'One time we were at a rodeo in Cripple Creek and he got mad because his horse didn't do good and somebody didn't heel just right to help him get in the money and he got so mad he left out of Cripple Creek Rodeo, flipped his horse trailer with his horse in it and almost killed that horse.”
Holy Moly! I knew it wouldn’t be long until folks started to talk. Mean to animals, hmmm, hmmm,hmmm.

Per Google "Airplane mode is a setting on cell phones, smartphones and other mobile devices that prevents the device from sending or receiving calls and text messages. ... On an iPhone, airplane mode disables connectivity for cellular voice and data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and location-based services."

I did not realize the airplane mode cut off everything. So perhaps it was off or indeed in airplane mode except for that one time that it pinged?
Technology changes too fast for me: I too read that "airplane mode" turns off the "radio" preventing signal to towers/pings, only to next read that using Bluetooth or Wifi inflight services (in airplane mode) do not disable all radio! MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member