CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. K could have told her mom that morning and mom is in denial. Maybe k is really close to this aunt and called her to cry on her shoulder. We don't know.

What reason does her mom have to lie to the public? She described the details of their phone calls on Thanksgiving morning and said it was a normal day for Kelsey, nothing was wrong, and her voice sounded normal. She also said Kelsey had plans to have dinner later in the day with her fiance and her baby. The aunt has never mentioned getting a phone call from Kelsey on Thanksgiving morning nor where her info (which she was asked to remove) came from.

Did Kelsey's Aunt state that Kelsey and her boyfriend had broke up? If so, is there reason to doubt this is true?

Thank you. She is also a verified insider. I don't know why this is still debated. This and you add in the appearance of a not so lovey relationship.

Really? You blame her family more, even though they did not live in the same state or see or talk to her every day? He was the one controlling what they knew about the situation. How could they know what was said in 12/02 call before 12/02?

Let me try to clarify what I meant ....Several posters have said PF spoke to CB on 11/25 as if were fact. So yes if CB was given information on 11/25 that her daughter was going to visit her grandma and CB didn’t follow up on that until 12/2 Then to me that’s super strange and places the responsibility of noticing KB was missing with her family .
If CB, as I believe , didn’t find out the 11/25 story of KB going to visit grandma until 12/2 then I don’t blame her for not reporting KB missing until then.

I do feel strongly though that co parents (since I believe PF and KB were no longer a couple many months prior to 11/22) are NOT responsible for one another. In my state you have to take a parenting class when you are going through the court to share custody. One point that is emphasized is that your co parents life and whereabouts are no longer your business. If it’s reasonable that your child is safe and cared for then that is far as you should be involved. PF had his child in his custody, and if innocent, he received a text from KBs phone telling him she’d be gone (and we have no clue if she contacted baby K when away, some parents don’t especially if they have to communicate through estranged ex to speak to baby) then I can see why he didn’t report her missing.

My coparent would be highly annoyed if I reported him missing to the police after he texted me he was going out of town.

Where does KB mother live? Close by, another state?

Also, where can I view the videos of PF's dog training videos?

Having working dogs myself, I'm curious....

If you type is name into google along with the words “Border Collie,” you should be able to see them. Or they are posted somewhere back in these threads too. I would genuinely love to hear your opinions on them since you work with dogs as well.

I thought this very same thing. He may have anonymously put up the money. I doubt it though...his business revenue is only 100 grand a year before expenses and taxes. Also CB said he was having some money issues due to the price for cattle declining.
That doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't come up the reward money. If He is not guilty of foul play this would be one way to help prove it.
Especially if the odds are stacked against him,and he had no way to prove anything otherwise.

My pre-event theory so far is that PF wasn’t there when she went to the store with the baby. I think she came home and he picked up the baby so she could cook and get ready for a Thanksgiving dinner ‘out’, meaning at someone’s house- a relative of his? Why would you need a recipe and shop if you were going to a restaurant. At this point either PF is involved or PF left with the baby and someone else is involved. The content of the texts on the 25th are the important missing pieces. And what does PF have to say about the 22nd to the 25th before texts were sent/received. If everything was fine between them, and she didn’t show up for their dinner ‘out’ and he couldn’t reach her for the next few days, why did he not notify anyone before the 25th? That’s a glaring problem. Not notifying anyone she was missing the 22nd-25th is hard to explain away in the context of a stranger abduction. So he claims they broke up? Interesting. It’s not looking good for PF. Could they have gotten into a fight when he went to pick up the baby and he killed her at her house? Maybe he went back that night to move her body to not be seen in daylight. If he drove to Idaho, his mother would know whether he was gone or not from his home for a period of time.

I watched the Border Collie training videos, and must say they give me a strange vibe. I’ve bred/rescued/trained dogs for a long time, essentially worked with them professionally most of my life. The sense I get is that they have been trained with radio/shock collars. They crouch and watch him like they’re supposed to, but also shiver and hesitate. They body language exudes anxiety & fear.

I have seen hunting dogs (bird dogs) act this exact same way when trained via shock collar. I’m not saying all owners are like this who use shock collars, but the ones I have seen tend to be the “macho/tough/gonna-train-my-dog-to-respect-me” types. Some people would argue that this is perfectly acceptable/normal training for a dog of this type, and I wouldn’t really argue... except I have also seen training done without these methods, and know that this fearful/anxious way is not the “only” way. And it does give me a negative feel towards owners who feel the need to use these methods.
I have watched the dog videos and see absolutely nothing wrong there. That is how cattle dogs behave and are trained. Nothing out of the ordinary there. There is no cowering by the dogs. I still believe PF is mostly likely guilty here, but there is nothing in those videos that concerns me.

There are sooooooo many places in this area where one could dump a body, especially this time of year since there are typically less people hiking. (Random hikers are usually the ones that find remains around here). It would be a needle in a haystack to go searching for her. And since we are moving into the winter months where it's more likely to have a blanket of snow on the ground, that makes even harder.

That is one way to look at it. I'm suggesting another. With time constraints, no expertise in this activity (like most people!), the location may a lot be more obvious than a "needle in a haystack".

Find a map. Think. Go for a hike. Bring a dog. Take a drone.

Help Kelsey's family.

$25,000.

Hmmmm neighbor remembered the car/trucks being there exactly precisely at acertain time on 11/22 , when news came out that KB was missing 10 days later???

Considering those three vehicles were probably in and out of KBs driveway many times a week the chances of this being a false memory are pretty strong. People do not remember mundane details accurately, especially 10+ days later. The trucks/car memory easily could have really been from 11/20or 11/21, or any random date. JMO
Oh my, you should meet my nosy neighbor. She knows the who, what, when, where, why and how of anything going on in our sub any time of day. You don't even have to ask, she'll insist on telling you as soon as she corners you LOL

RSBM
Per LE, Kelsey was last seen 11/22 on camera leaving Safeway 12:27pm w/baby. No clarification of her mode of transportation to date IIRC. Per neighbor account (msm article linked by others), both Kelsey's car and truck were in their usual parking spots that day at home by 12:30 when they were blocked in by PF truck parking sideways behind them & remaining until 1pm.
Soooooo - in THREE MINUTES time KB pushed cart to parking lot, unloaded baby carseat & groceries, maybe rtn'd cart, started car, buckled in, drove home & parked all before PF arrived at 12:30 to park behind her? Whaaaa?
It would seem that either neighbor account timing is off, or KB didn't drive herself to Safeway. Who drove and why?
The neighbor did not say Kelsey's car and truck were in their usual parking spots by 12:30. She said she saw all three vehicles (his truck parked sideways) sometime between 12:30 and 1:00. It is a five-minute drive (1.4 miles) from Safeway to KB's home, so there was plenty of time for her to arrive home before 1:00 and for him to park behind her. Google Maps

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
JUST IN: One of Kelsey Berreth’s neighbors tells me she saw Patrick Frazee arrive at Berreth’s townhome on Thanksgiving Day between 12:30 and 1 p.m. She says she recognized the red truck, having saw him drive through multiple times to pick up their daughter. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

MOO

Let me try to clarify what I meant ....Several posters have said PF spoke to CB on 11/25 as if were fact. So yes if CB was given information on 11/25 that her daughter was going to visit her grandma and CB didn’t follow up on that until 12/2 Then to me that’s super strange and places the responsibility of noticing KB was missing with her family .
If CB, as I believe , didn’t find out the 11/25 story of KB going to visit grandma until 12/2 then I don’t blame her for not reporting KB missing until then.

I do feel strongly though that co parents (since I believe PF and KB were no longer a couple many months prior to 11/22) are NOT responsible for one another. In my state you have to take a parenting class when you are going through the court to share custody. One point that is emphasized is that your co parents life and whereabouts are no longer your business. If it’s reasonable that your child is safe and cared for then that is far as you should be involved. PF had his child in his custody, and if innocent, he received a text from KBs phone telling him she’d be gone (and we have no clue if she contacted baby K when away, some parents don’t especially if they have to communicate through estranged ex to speak to baby) then I can see why he didn’t report her missing.

My coparent would be highly annoyed if I reported him missing to the police after he texted me he was going out of town.

If your coparent left you with your cochild and you didn't hear from him again, would you then report him or say his life is none of your business?
Edited for proper determiner usage.

Any theory as to how she left? Her cars are accounted for, no planes are missing, public or private transportation (bus, train, Uber, taxi) I'd like to believe she would have been spotted. This is a serious question as I respect always your opinions, so would be curious to hear what you think.
Unfortunately we don’t know enough about her personal life to establish what is plausible... with nothing else to go on, it seems most likely to me that she left with somebody else. Whether the trip was willing, not willing, or at first willing and then not I can’t even venture a guess... if it were up to me I’d focus on the assumption that she was near Gooding when her phone pinged and focus on how she got there and who she might have been with.

For the record, I think this case is going to resolved quickly and easily once the right trail is followed - and I think that right trail goes through Gooding.

Link for screenshot:

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She saw two trucks. KB & PF both have red pickups. KB's is Chevy, per her uncle. PF, from video I've seen & seeing it towed, is Toyota. KB also has a small sedan. Neighbor tells me she saw all three vehicles when she went outside to leave. That was around 12:30-1p

12:55 AM - 18 Dec 2018

I was referring to the article where the neighbor said it looked like Kelsey’s was the red truck that was towed. Noooo

That is one way to look at it. I'm suggesting another. With time constraints, no expertise in this activity (like most people!), the location may a lot be more obvious than a "needle in a haystack".

Find a map. Think. Go for a hike. Bring a dog. Take a drone.

Help Kelsey's family.

$25,000.

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not saying don't go out and look. I'm just saying that when people go missing around here, it's not unusual for them to not be found even when LE have an idea of where they were going.

Edited for additional content:
Cases in point:

This woman went missing in Sept. 2017, she wasn't found until March 2018. They had found her car parked near a trail head in Teller county right after she went missing, so they were even able to narrow the search area. Remains found in Teller County identified as missing woman

And this hiker that went missing in September, not found until last week and they knew where he was going hiking. Family says remains of missing hiker have been found

Last edited:
JMO
Been thinking about the sideways parking. It would be real interesting to know if that was unusual or if he did that all the time.

One thing about doing that is if the truck was parked like I think it was then it hides a lane leading up to his trucks door. It would give a somewhat hidden path to one of the doors. Either passenger door or drivers door.

Trying to draw it below. This may not come out but will try to draw a picture. The "vvv" is the hidden lane leading up to either the front driver door or passenger door of the sideways parked vehicle.

|---|vvv|---|
|---|vvv|---|
|---|vvv|---|
|---|vvv|---|
-----------------
-----------------

Good thinking. I was simply thinking that it blocked her cars in so that if they had a fight and she had any desire to try to leave the house she could not do so in her vehicles. Unless there was not room for three cares to be parked the same direction that way of parking his truck seems either very temporary (like if you were only planning to be there for a few minutes) or very inconsiderate of the other person. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea