CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it takes two to solicit. Yet no charges brought on second suspect. Solicitation for murder requires some level of active participation, even if it is not carried out. This means a crime by the 2nd party if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe the solicitor is talking now.

Or maybe the solicitor creates a sticky situation for LE.

Don't want to speculate beyond that.

Just thinking out loud here. They don't have a body and they don't have a phone, yet they know the phone is in Idaho and they're working to retrieve it. I wonder what the hold up is on getting her phone back? Could it mean the phone continued to ping til the battery went dead? Could her phone be with her and they just haven't been able to pinpoint the exact location?

So he possibly asked someone to do it, then did it himself, then that person came forward and told LE. Is that the general consensus here? Someone just said the baby is with KB's family now, is this confirmed. It sounds like he was pretty sloppy. I also wonder about the phone, possibly paying a trucker to drive it to Idaho.. unless his family member came forward because they didn't want to be a part of it and said on Nov 25th he was missing for 12 hours.. without his phone..

Wow! Missed so many posts but I’m glad to see PF has finally been arrested. Very sad that it’s looking almost certain that KB is no longer alive. Thoughts are with her family and little girl who hopefully is safe in the arms of people who loved her mum.

You are not alone! Wow! I'm not surprised about the arrest, but I am surprised at a lot of other things. I think we are all surprised about the solicitation for murder charge. Like several posters ^ have mentioned, in my mind, I thought he'd lost his temper and, not knowing his own strength, accidentally killed her and then clumsily attempted to cover his tracks. I never posted that, but that's how I expected it to play out. I am surprised that the arrest happened so quickly and ahead of the discovery of Kelsey's remains. LE did a great job, kudos to them.
I think I missed something, as my screen kept freezing during presser. I heard “solicitation,” but I never heard “solicitation for murder.” Did they say that? If not, just wondering if there are other associated “solicitation” charges possible? Ie. Soliciting help in efforts to cover a crime, for example. But I don’t know a lot about the law. Anyone know? Are they only referring to actual solicitation of murder charge? Or are there other forms of solicitation charges that they may have been eluding to in this case?

Question to long-timers that remember this from another case.

In another case, law enforcement put up a substation of some kind to intercept any and all Cellular Communications coming from the area. I wonder if they use that device and had a sealed order to do such for this case? When they mentioned solicitation, it made me think that they perhaps had that device to trap any and all devices. In addition, I think it was on the Sievers case? That they actually had a cellular dump from tower during a specific time AND ongoing in real time and they perhaps did that also.

Moo

Stingrays

Stingrays, also known as “cell site simulators” or “IMSI catchers,” are invasive cell phone surveillance devices that mimic cell phone towers and send out signals to trick cell phones in the area into transmitting their locations and identifying information.
Stingray Tracking Devices

I’m not sure I follow you. Can you explain how these relate to each other?

A second person involved. Whether that person is from Idaho, was hired to kill her and took the phone there, etc. I am betting PF did not take the phone there himself. I also wonder if her body is there too. They said it is a multi state investigation, that they haven't recovered the phone YET, and that they are narrowing in on where her body could be.

There is a very good chance that they will be recovering Kelsey shortly if there is another person talking. If so, that person has a deal contingent on taking them to the location of Kelsey.
Possible that PF killed her and then someone else (who refused to do the murder),helped with the disposal of her along with her phone and that is how the phone is known to be in Idaho. Just my two cents for the moment, likely to change as things unfold.

I’m not sure I follow you. Can you explain how these relate to each other?

I was thinking the same thing. Like perhaps the person solicited to commit or help with the crime, transported the phone to Idaho

So it takes two to solicit. Yet no charges brought on second suspect. Solicitation for murder requires some level of active participation, even if it is not carried out. This means a crime by the 2nd party if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe the solicitor is talking now.

Or maybe the solicitor creates a sticky situation for LE.

Don't want to speculate beyond that.

I don't think it necessarily means a crime for the 2nd party. If they were solicited, started some planning, ended up declining, and just took a long time to come forward because they were scared, I don't think there was any crime committed.

I think the solicitee or someone very close to them is talking.

Re: this solicitation charge. So this means that he asked someone to murder Kelsey, but that person DID NOT do it. Right? Otherwise this other person would have been arrested too? Or is it possible that he asked someone to murder her, and the police don't know if this person actually did help or not? What charge would someone receive who helped clean up or plant the phone?
Not knowing Colorado law at all, but just speaking about what I know. In Texas, you can be charged with
1st degree murder if you (drove the getaway car, rang the doorbell to someone's house, helped plan the crime in any way, //fill in the blank//) I know of several cases where multiple people get charged, but there was obviously only one person who did the deed.
Maybe they have other POIs they're not releasing. Someone else was on to him and set him up. Who knows.

A reporter indicated that his arraignment was postponed twice today, and is now scheduled for next week. Makes me wonder if they are actively in the process of recovering Kelsey.

What an absolute sorrow, the timing of all of this.

So he possibly asked someone to do it, then did it himself, then that person came forward and told LE. Is that the general consensus here? Someone just said the baby is with KB's family now, is this confirmed. It sounds like he was pretty sloppy. I also wonder about the phone, possibly paying a trucker to drive it to Idaho.. unless his family member came forward because they didn't want to be a part of it and said on Nov 25th he was missing for 12 hours.. without his phone..
Or, he asked someone to help him do it, and either the other person said no or yes....but either way, PF proceeded. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox