CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna say....for the most part I just don't believe in "snapped moments." Not saying they can't ever happen, but seems like most of the time there is a real motive and a perp has already thought about doing whateveritis a few times before and then finally figures out a way they think they can get away with doing whateveritis. And the action plan is usually flawed because they have flawed line of reasoning to begin with.

That's just MHO. No disrespect to anyone, and not saying it can't happen ever, but for the most part when I hear that I think it's a cr@p excuse/rational for a bad person carrying out their bad behavior.

I know one thing...on “Snapped’ they are almost 100% premeditated...for money.

I'm just gonna say....for the most part I just don't believe in "snapped moments." Not saying they can't ever happen, but seems like most of the time there is a real motive and a perp has already thought about doing whateveritis a few times before and then finally figures out a way they think they can get away with doing whateveritis. And the action plan is usually flawed because they have flawed line of reasoning to begin with.

That's just MHO. No disrespect to anyone, and not saying it can't happen ever, but for the most part when I hear that I think it's a cr@p excuse/rational for a bad person carrying out their bad behavior.

I hear ya'. And for the most part I agree. Usually I think it's planned.

But in cases like this one where there've been accounts of violent tantrums in which he harms animals, I could see him going over there to argue or try to control her and getting angry enough to harm her to the point of death. It does happen in DV cases.

Clearly that was not the case.

And yeah, usually I discount the "he snapped" theory.

He will sit on “death row” or life in prison, if convicted and he does not talk. Maybe it makes little difference to him. I cannot see him admitting he killed her, although that may be based on preconceived notions of his personality.

But some men, especially it seems imo, will just never admit to murder of their wives or partners...even if it splits their kids 50/50, which has happened in several cases.

Listen at around 12:18 of the presser:

A reporter asks if there could be additional arrests related to the solicitation charge.
The chief repeats the question and answers "that's an absolute possibility..."
When he repeats the question it sounds like he has a little slip of the tongue-- possible hint at who else could be involved?
I know we can't speculate on who else may be arrested but I hope it's ok to point this misspeak out. I found it very telling!
MOO.

Last edited:
What I don’t get (along with everything else) is how PF could go to such extremes establishing that he was nowhere near Kelsey, yet he couldn’t “act innocent” and plead publicly for her safe return? One would think he would at least go through the motions after how much he already had invested in establishing his innocence.
Maybe he saw how that worked out for Chris Watts...

Me too. Many of us suspected he had help AFTER the murder, but I sure didn't think about soliciting help BEFORE the murder.

I hope the person he conspired with knows were Kelsey is.

jmo

I was not when it was mentioned two people drove him to a waste management facility to throw-out trash while he stayed in the vehicle. What the heck? He has some good friends.

IMO, she could have named PF as the beneficiary thinking that if she passed, he could use the money to take care of K.
My life insurance company will not allow me to name a non-blood related person - only spouse, siblings, parents and children. I do not think there was a policy naming him unless they allowed it. IMO insurance money was not a motive - control over KB is what I believe.

Law enforcement is certain that Kelsey's phone is in Idaho but they haven't recovered it nor have they offered any information as to how it got there.
Agreed! And the chosen worded "ended"....in statement analysis it means it was the last thing done not the first.
Such as she was first killed and in the end the phone was taken to to Idaho to make it look like she texted.

Why didn't people speculate about PF's mental health instead of KB's? Why was it assumed KB was the one who had the problem?

Unfortunately, I have always believed KB's life ended on Thanksgiving Day. I also believed PF was involved with her death. I have seen this too much. LE knew it, too. There were never any organized search parties for KB. No missing-person fliers. LE was slowly and steadily building a case, but they needed concrete evidence.

As for baby K, as other posters have said, she was more of a possession to PF. He "owned" her, as he owns his abused horses and dogs. He can do anything he wants with them and to them. Perhaps, KB did not like the way PF disciplined K. Maybe she did not want K spanked or hit. It is conceivable KB had enough of PF's controlling ways, and she could excuse it when it came to herself, but she would not allow PF to treat baby K in that same manner.

There are many factors involved in this tragedy. KB may have tried to shield her family from the truth about PF, but it will now be exposed for the world to see.

Last edited:
The DA nor the chief never said “solicitation for murder”. They only said “solicitation”. And when the DA started explaining the statute, he didn’t mention murder then, either. Instead, I believe he started out talking about burglary if memory serves.

So the more I think about, the more I wonder if PF solicited someone to break in, and things went sideways.

I wonder , if this theory is accurate, if he meant to scare her....scare her in to moving to ranch with him and mom. (But things went sideways)
When I saw him in video yesterday of him closing the gate, I didn’t think he looked evil more like a petulant child who was PISSED because things weren’t going his way. (Though yes knowing he was close to getting caught could have also pissed him off)

It’s also so strange to solicit murder but not report her missing or pretend to miss her. Which again reminds me of petulant child who feels wronged even when they behaved badly .JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500