CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I thought.

Another idea - PF is tall, well-built, muscular and angry. Loves himself a lot, obviously. Skin not too good.

Could it be 'roid rage?
He is just an outdoor guy used to working with his body, lifting things. Looks normal for a rancher. Don't think he looks pumped enough for steroids.

I constantly speak to my friends about these cases.
They laugh, stating, these things don't happen around us, stating I am paranoid.
We all need to be aware.
A book recommended, on one of the Websleuths sites is "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker.
Intuition is the key, in this book, as many have shown here, with envisaging today's result correctly.
MOO.

There is a "kid" from my neighborhood who is actually an adult now. He's got a burglary on his record now. Probably other stuff. Super spoiled as a child. But he was always very sweet and kind. Now he's drug-addled, manic, entitled and creepy.

But most of the guys in the neighborhood feel he's harmless. Me and one other lady, do not. I suddenly got gut-level scared when he came over one day begging for money as he often has. Something in his eyes. I felt in danger. never had before. My cat actually attacked the hell out of him, out of the blue.

Then one day when he knew I was home working (my car was in the drive), he came lurking around, was using my hose and outside electricity and knocked several times. I I did not answer. But then I saw him trying to get in the window...

I called the police and they put me in a weird (yet understandable) position of trying to make me say outright that I wanted him gone. A couple friends in the neighborhood thought I was crazy for calling the police.

I just coincidentally found out that another woman in the neighborhood who sometimes walks my dog, has had unwanted encounters and dealings with him, finds him to be super creepy, he begged off her and likely stole all her client's keys and she told me he seems "rapey". So three of us in the neighborhood have this feeling. No one else.

We are now texting each other when we notice him lurking around the neighborhood, to warn each other. (Luckily, I have a new and violent dog who can hopefully protect me a lot of the time).

I have felt stupid and maybe that I was overreacting about my feelings. But it's smart to pay attention to that. It can indeed be a gift.

I wonder if Kelsey ever felt that stirring. Some sort of vibe or feeling or secret fear.

You know, maybe i am the only one, but I almost felt fear in him. He felt cornered all these days, it was obvious. This is why he did not get out of the ranch. This is why he did not allow KB's mother to look at the child. He was afraid to look into mom's eyes. Not that he felt guilty - but he felt scared for himself.

MOO

Yeah I agree. I think fear of seeing her may have motivated him to keep the baby away from her. But his body language and expression in that video and still shot? Pure, sinister malice, IMO. Not an ounce of fear at that moment that I could see. But fear and rage can be pretty close.

his theory makes sense to what I imagined - that they rolled the body up into a tarp outside PF's house into a truck that took her to her dump site. If the second gun used his tan truck to transport her, that would make sense. I don't know that they abducted her from her home though - not before she was dead.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Curious how many days he waited to move K. Was it that day or did he wait a day or two. Her home has zero privacy. Idk how he went about removing her body, if he did. I could not run to the mailbox in my pjs in that ‘hood w/o being seen by everyone.

I suppose that is possible, but it doesn’t sound plausible when I say it out loud: PF tried to hire somebody to kill his wife, they turned him down but PF did it himself anyway and got somebody else entirely to run the phone up to Idaho while he got family/friends involved covering for him so he could sneak back to clean the place up and then try to cover all those tracks?

I think it’s a lot more plausible that PF simply picked up the baby then hung out at home acting uninvolved while somebody else killed her, removed the body, took off for Idaho.
He could’ve asked someone else six months ago, and that person said heck no, then came forward with info after her disappearance...

I suppose that is possible, but it doesn’t sound plausible when I say it out loud: PF tried to hire somebody to kill his wife, they turned him down but PF did it himself anyway and got somebody else entirely to run the phone up to Idaho while he got family/friends involved covering for him so he could sneak back to clean the place up and then try to cover all those tracks?

I think it’s a lot more plausible that PF simply picked up the baby then hung out at home acting uninvolved while somebody else killed her, removed the body, took off for Idaho.

I think the first one is more likely!

This seems like a calculated effort to commit murder.

“Solicitation to commit murder,” doesn’t lend itself to being a spontaneous crime of passion.

He didn’t “snap,” and he knew what he was doing.

Unfortunately for him, he’s a dumbass.

I don't know who you have in your avatar, @MassGuy, and I predict that as a young person, you will change it soon, and then again. It is just that "Mass Guy" does not suit the avatar, that is all. But whatever...

I don't know about the crime of passion, but collecting what I have read about PF and KB's relationship, here and elsehwere, I have a feeling that he was attracted to her, but hated her because he probably felt (rightfully so) he was not too good for her. You could use the word, "enraged".

So it is a crime of passion, only not spontaneous.

But we don't know yet. Perhaps, financially he was interested in her disappearance. I wish we knew.

It is that I see more and more women being killed by men they trusted. Is it my observation bias, or true fact?

Very common in our area for CD counsel to require $50k retainer

Yeah, I mean this is first degree murder. I would guess 100k at least.

But I also bet they'll bet the farm to get him private representation.

There are sometimes patterns in these murder cases when the murderer is male and kills his significant other. Enmeshed with parents who feel he can do no wrong. Dependency.

I predict they'll rally around and come up with the funds to get lil' Bubba out of trouble, probably not the first time.

Patrick Nelson‏ @PatrickNelsonTV
On my way to the Teller Co. Court for Frazee's court appearance. Sounds like it'll be via teleconference from the jail. I spoke with a legal expert he says these murder charges aren't filed without serious evidence. He says the solicitation charge means someone else knows a lot.

Du9_H01VsAATEx6.jpg

12:51 PM - 21 Dec 2018

You know, maybe i am the only one, but I almost felt fear in him. He felt cornered all these days, it was obvious. This is why he did not get out of the ranch. This is why he did not allow KB's mother to look at the child. He was afraid to look into mom's eyes. Not that he felt guilty - but he felt scared for himself.

MOO
RBBM
I agree, and that makes me LOATHE him even more.....

What about the fear Kelsey must have felt, what fear might have baby K felt if there was a violent scene, or Kelsey's family members when they went to her home and KNEW she was gone not of her own accord and the poor baby grandchild was with the possible murderer? :(

Except the DA pointedly discusses how the solicitation statute doesn’t require that the person solicited commit the act. I don’t know why he would go to the lengths he did to explain that, unless he’s just a legal nerd who enjoys the minutiae of the law and expects his audience to do the same.

I sure am disappointed that this will not be televised. I was looking forward to seeing tough guy in shackles and handcuffs hobbling around and swallowing hard. Maybe even sucking in his lips.
James Dougherty (@DoughertyKMGH) | Twitter

Yes and maybe shaking his legs under the table when the judge is talking. Hoping he doesn't sh.. his new cowboy jumpsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R