CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that is possible, but it doesn’t sound plausible when I say it out loud: PF tried to hire somebody to kill his wife, they turned him down but PF did it himself anyway and got somebody else entirely to run the phone up to Idaho while he got family/friends involved covering for him so he could sneak back to clean the place up and then try to cover all those tracks?

I think it’s a lot more plausible that PF simply picked up the baby then hung out at home acting uninvolved while somebody else killed her, removed the body, took off for Idaho.

This is what I have in my head too

I don't know who you have in your avatar, @MassGuy, and I predict that as a young person, you will change it soon, and then again. It is just that "Mass Guy" does not suit the avatar, that is all. But whatever...

I don't know about the crime of passion, but collecting what I have read about PF and KB's relationship, here and elsehwere, I have a feeling that he was attracted to her, but hated her because he probably felt (rightfully so) he was not too good for her. You could use the word, "enraged".

So it is a crime of passion, only not spontaneous.

But we don't know yet. Perhaps, financially he was interested in her disappearance. I wish we knew.

It is that I see more and more women being killed by men they trusted. Is it my observation bias, or true fact?
I'm curious as to motive as well. I could only picture a loss of temper and striking out in a moment of rage. Apparently it was a lot more than that, something leading him to plan it and/or solicit help to complete it. What in the world could he have had in his mind that the only solution was to kill her. Money? Custody? Envy of her independence? I can speculate further. My hubby, a psychologist, would say to me if I asked, "Don't ask for people to make sense. What is inside is not often understandable to most of us."

I ask him to help me understand those who have done far less than PF, and this is his normally his response.

Victim-blaming. We've seen it before.

I mean initially it's certainly a possibility. Post-partum depression can be an issue. Or just having to deal with the complexities of being a first time mother and working full time and negotiating a relationship.

But at a certain point when we saw how LE was focused and no evidence of instability on her part came out, yet there were accounts of instability on his part, the persistence of such speculation becomes frustrating.

I think it is summed up sometimes in the attitude that a good ol' boy can't possibly resort to violence and women are precarious creatures subject to instability, cheating, and drunkenness.

Again and again we see logic discounted as "close-minded" while wild speculation about a responsible worker and mother is proposed instead, such as she walked down the street on Thanskgiving day to go bar hopping, leaving her car and baby. Or she secretly checked into rehab or a mental hospital because she's a drunken or unstable nut and somehow the facility fails to alert anyone despite a nationwide search.

And listen. These cases aren't all predictable. Things do arise that are surprising and shocking and discussion about all theories is viable and valuable.

But a pattern sometimes becomes apparent that I suspect might at times be linked to a core distrust of women. I could be wrong but it's a feeling.

Some people can't understand that their "All American Christian White Boy" is capable of this kind of atrocities, so they try to justify their actions blaming the victim. It's sad really JMO.

Thanks for the clarification.

So it’s entirely possible that he committed this crime on his own.

When I originally heard “solicitation to commit murder,” I assumed that he had hired someone to do this.

That doesn’t appear to be the case, atleast right now.

I agree. I think he tried to get someone to do it...then just ended up doing it himself. if someone else committed this murder for him and they knew that person would most likely be arrested by now.

If you think the story is complete and the book is closed I very much disagree.

No. That's not what I said. I kind of get the sense someone helped him cover something, at least.

But the charges are not about conspiracy or accessories. I'm just trying to support a post that clarified that for us because it can get muddy.

At this time, no charges indicate third parties were involved in a crime and there is no evidence of that yet that is sufficient for an arrest.

But there sure could be in the future. They indicated as much in the presser.

How old is she and why were handcuffs needed?

1000s of suspects get arrested at home with mom everyday. But mom is just usually sat down while son is getting the arrest treatment.

So imo. Just like the matriarch Wagner in the Ohio Rhodam case. His mother will soon be charged to for obstruction charges. Jmo
I think handcuffs were needed for the same reason the armored vehicle was needed.

He’s also being charged with soliciting someone else to murder her, too... harder to paint a rosy picture for that...

This is most definitely probably not the case, but what if he was trying to solicit the murder of someone else other than KB? Have they said solitation of KB’s murder, or just murder?

Yeah, I mean this is first degree murder. I would guess 100k at least.

But I also bet they'll bet the farm to get him private representation.

There are sometimes patterns in these murder cases when the murderer is male and kills his significant other. Enmeshed with parents who feel he can do no wrong. Dependency.

I predict they'll rally around and come up with the funds to get lil' Bubba out of trouble, probably not the first time.
Yes it could be they are working on that right now (getting the retainer together) and the Public defender will be replaced by some well known attorney IMO - DP case my guess would be $250k potentially

In Mass, where I’m from as well, it would cost substantially more than 100k to mount an effective first degree murder defense. The switch to a public defender could be for a number of different reasons. Money or Mr. Green, probably wasn’t available. In my opinion an excellent defense lawyer can be critical for plea and sentencing, not just for trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94