CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'a s thought about his mailing the phone to someone in Idaho. Packages always have tracking numbers and receipts to follow delivery so it wouldn't be an unrecoverable discovery for LE. However, if anyone acted to assist him after the fact, I believe the charge would be accessory not solicitation. Solicitation implies pre involvement, as in he asked someone to take part in or to actually murder her for him. jmo

Oh I agree about the solicitation charge involving someone else. I think there are more players in this game who will be exposed in time.

That seems to be the only report that they found the phone. No other stations are saying that yet. Since the statement was made by a reporter speaking live on the air, I think it was a poorly worded statement. At the presser I got the impression they knew her phone was located in Idaho but have not found it yet. I think they will be searching for the phone where it last pinged. JMO.
I think the police said the phone indeed ended up in Idaho. I suspect they must have received very reliable information for LE to know that it had ended up there. When they said it hadn't been recovered, they may have been referring to it not being physically in their possession, still in the hands of the Idaho police.

Has to be the kid because I see no common property to divide. And no marriage to dissolve. Really, something that should have been sorted out by the family lawyer at a minimal cost. Instead, there is a humorously expensive criminal lawyer.

Aside from immorality of the situation, there is also monumental stupidity that is shocking, too.

The child could definitely be part of it, but there could be other motives too. Hypothetically, here’s a couple possibilities: If KB did intend to break up with him and he was obsessed with her and wanted revenge or to prevent her from being with someone else..or if PF has been violent toward KB and she had threatened to report him.

Finally catch up to an active thread and this is my first post on the case. Sadly, it's an anticlimactic
one.
IMO it's very possible one of his LE relatives(brother or uncle)got wind of the imminent arrest that morning and called to warn him and/or his mom. Maybe he was gonna make a run for it, with his mom taking him somewhere to hide or transport out of town. The best way to know is is what was found in the vehicle when he was apprehended. Like luggage
One thing I got from reading all of those Watts documents is that the minute LE thought CW had a part in SW disappearance, they had a tail on him at all times until his arrest.

I think the police said the phone indeed ended up in Idaho. I suspect they must have received very reliable information for LE to know that it had ended up there. When they said it hadn't been recovered, they may have been referring to it not being physically in their possession, still in the hands of the Idaho police.
That would something.

When I was thinking of what it stood for, I suddenly thought, we don't even know if it was murder of Kelsey. Maybe PF wanted to murder someone close to her, her family member? I assume "solicitation of murder" means "murder of Kelsey", but even this has not been clearly spelled out, yet.
I am, for the time being, going to believe it was Kelsey he was soliciting for. It scares me to go down the road of someone else, or maybe more than one person he could have solicited for.

That would something.

I definitely think it’s likely someone is giving them information.

Maybe when they confiscated the trash from the dump or did the follow up visit to PF and KB’s house, an accomplice of sorts realized that the truth was probably going to come out and decided to try and strike a deal with prosecutors.

Let’s say PF asked someone to kill her or assist in killing her and they said no, but he later convinced them to dispose of the phone on a work trip?

I wonder if he would cooperate and tell where she is if there will be some type of visitation arrangement for him and his daughter. I think that's the leverage that the state has right now. IMO

That would be the worst deal ever IMO. There is no way a judge would make her family bring baby K to see him in prison while he served a sentence for murdering Kelsey, is there? That would be cruel torture for them and baby K. With how gracious her family is they might agree to bring baby K to see him in the future out of the goodness of their hearts, but I cannot imagine them being forced to do so by court order or simply to find out where their daughter's body is located. MOO.

I am, for the time being, going to believe it was Kelsey he was soliciting for. It scares me to go down the road of someone else, or maybe more than one person he could have solicited for.
Right. I think the solicitation crime mentioned was a solicitation crime around this specific case. Otherwise, it would be charges with another case. jmo.

That would be the worst deal ever IMO. There is no way a judge would make her family bring baby K to see him in prison while he served a sentence for murdering Kelsey, is there? That would be cruel torture for them and baby K. With how gracious her family is they might agree to bring baby K to see him in the future out of the goodness of their hearts, but I cannot imagine them being forced to do so by court order or simply to find out where their daughter's body is located. MOO.
I would never take a child to visit a parent who had murdered their other parent. I would protect the child from any involvement with them.

From that bolded phrase, Kelsey was not happy with her life.
To mention protection, I wonder if PF was aggressive/violent towards her (removing a person for your protection).
I think, she seems to be implying, that not living with him is a good thing (God removing a person).
MOO.
Possible, but at 29 she has probably been in love before, or it could refer to people who pretend to be your friend. It might also have been a message of encouragement that she wanted to share with a friend going through a break-up. I see lots of posts like this on SM and they don't necessarily summarize the poster's life situations.

I definitely think it’s likely someone is giving them information.

Maybe when they confiscated the trash from the dump or did the follow up visit to PF and KB’s house, an accomplice of sorts realized that the truth was probably going to come out and decided to try and strike a deal with prosecutors.

Let’s say PF asked someone to kill her or assist in killing her and they said no, but he later convinced them to dispose of the phone on a work trip?
Or, PF asked someone to kill her (someone who he thought shared his motive), he refused, so PF did it all on his own, later providing details to person X. Either motivated by a reward or the fear of being implicated, he contacts authority and strikes a deal. He either has possession of, or knows where the phone is, he has information on the general vicinity of where she may be, and he knows where she was killed (prompting LE to search her home a second time, gather additional evidence, and make the arrest)

Beginning about the 2 minute mark, an attorney weighs in on the solicitation charge:
Thanks Pommy. It seems to me this person or persons PF approached (or helped) have been cooperating with the investigation. That makes me think it's not a relative.
I expect there will also be others that helped him cover the crime.
So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member