CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmony, the second link listed here is contested by many in the threads—including a verified lawyer, I believe. There is a suspicion that media reporters misinterpreted custody documents that had Kelsey’s name listed as a party, but the lawyer said this would have been included because she is not legally declared deceased. Just putting that out here as a possibility to consider.

Yes I knew it was contested but posted the link since it was a news site. Thank you! I guess we will know for sure next week when the hearing is held.

It kinda blended in with the starter links—that’s why I asked.:) I was waiting for other people to comment.
Lol. That’s big news, I assume other people missed it as well.

This might be connected to that lone report by that Fox affiliate yesterday, that said that her phone had been recovered.

We were skeptical, but there might be something to it, if this is related.

Has this possibility been discussed yet....

Is it possible that LE firmly states they know Kelsey was murdered because someone took a photo/video and LE has seen it? Perhaps the background in the image is Kelsey's home and that's why they know the murder happened there....but the body was taken to an unknown location.

Tossing that out there. Possible?

jmo

I want to say that no one is that stupid but...

Is it possible that LE firmly states they know Kelsey was murdered because someone took a photo/video and LE has seen it? Perhaps the background in the image is Kelsey's home and that's why they know the murder happened there....but the body was taken to an unknown location.

jmo

Wow. That had not occurred to me. That WAS part of how they got the murder conviction in the Jeffrey Willis case...but...it seems less likely here.

Haaaaa.

What Margarita wishes to convey, is that although Colorado is a death penalty state, the death penalty is not a legitimate concern to people convicted of murder.

There are a grand total of three people on death row there, and the last execution was over 20 years ago.

People aren’t sentenced to death with any regularity, and when they are, the death penalty is not carried out.

If you are sentenced to death, you will die of natural causes in prison.

Thank you MassGuy. Exactly.

As DA Rourke stated himself during the Watts PC, everyone did “not want to be tied to the Criminal Justice System for the next 20 years.”
-Rourke

Last edited:
No sign of law enforcement at Berreth or Frazee home one day after murder arrest
Just over 24 hours after law enforcement arrested Patrick Frazee for the murder of his fiancee Kelsey Berreth, his 35-acre ranch seemed to sit empty.

On Saturday morning, the gate along Wildhorn Drive in Florissant, Colorado had two new chains keeping it locked.

Fresh snow showed tire tracks leading up to the gate but never going in.

In Woodland Park, there is no sign of police outside Kelsey Berreth's townhome.

That's a stark difference from just two days prior. FBI evidence teams were seen late Thursday night going in and out her townhome with brown evidence bags lined with red tape.

On Friday morning De Young revealed they found something that makes them believe Berreth is dead.

Lol. That’s big news, I assume other people missed it as well.

This might be connected to that lone report by that Fox affiliate yesterday, that said that her phone had been recovered.

We were skeptical, but there might be something to it, if this is related.
I thought the same thing. Maybe they got the scoop on a potential discovery of the phone.

jmo
Killers don’t generally take photos of their crimes, especially in highly personal ones like this.

The cleanup that appears to have taken place, means that PF likely did this himself.

A killer-for-hire (in another scenario) isn’t going to take a picture of his handiwork, then clean the scene.

I think the evidence is forensic, and not based on a photo.

It’s possible (and hopeful) that by the time the trial rolls around, lots of pieces of evidence will have converged.

For example, I think it’s likely they have...

Unreleased video footage of Kelsey besides the Safeway one

Unreleased video footage of PF’s locations in the days that followed

Records of unusual phone activity from both their phones

Witnesses who have come forward to say they have reason to believe he would be violent

Friends of hers who come forward to say there were serious relationship issues

Evidence from the trash dump

Evidence of a crime from her house

Evidence he solicited someone else

What else am I missing?

There is no pasture. It's all the juniper/pinyon forest edge land. You can see it on Google Maps, or on Zillow if you want to be certain where the parcel boundaries are.

Quoting myself to make a correction. I mentioned twice earlier (above, plus during the christmas tree discussion) about the juniper trees or possibly pinyon on PF's property.

I just took a look at the nearest Google street view and, to my surprise, I saw few if any of those species. It does appear to be mostly pine or possibly spruce. I am surprised and I stand corrected!

Don't think this is relevant to much in our conversation, just wanted to correct my earlier comments. :cool:

Thank you MassGuy. Exactly.

As DA Rourke states himself during the Watts PC, everyone did “not want to be tied to the Criminal Justice System for the next 20 years.”
-Rourke
That too. A death penalty sentence lends itself to decades of appeals.

No one wants that, least of all the family of the victim.

Well, I wasn't thinking PF took a photo, but an accomplice, either as proof of a job done or as future leverage against PF?

IDK...just thinking of possibilities of how they know Kelsey is dead, other than copious blood being detected.

jmo
It sounds like they can somehow prove he solicited someone to kill her. That plus blood...is a good start toward a conviction.

I have the same question.

( @gitana1 )
( :heart: )

(Quote for reference:
Well.. does he have the same public defenders and also will Tammy be involved? Joking aside, he has LE in the family.. That's a tough one. If he isn't close to them, he will plead not guilty. However, it appears he waived his advisement at his first court appearance. What does this mean?

Patrick Frazee waives advisement in first court appearance
)

Twin Falls, ID
"On December 15, 2018, the Federal Bureau of Investigations contacted the Twin Falls Police Department and Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office to request assistance with the ongoing Woodland Park investigation into the disappearance of Kelsey Berreth. Detectives from the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office and Twin Falls Police Department worked with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) and the FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants as well as processing some items of evidence with the assistance of Twin Falls County and Twin Falls City Evidence Technicians. Sheriff Tom Carter and Chief Craig Kingsbury said in a joint statement, “We are pleased our organizations were able to provide the assistance and support requested by the FBI, CBI, and the Woodland Park Police Department.” All further media inquiries should be directed to Ms. Lee Richards at leerichards@elpasoco.com or (719) 520-6084 or (719)425-5868."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993