CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I think the “engaged” story may have been made up for mom due to religious beliefs.
I don't know...I think Kelsey might have really thought they were engaged.

My hunch is the pregnancy happened soon. They did the right thing by the child by co-parenting, with Kelsey wanting to marry (imo)....but she maybe didn't fit in with his family, didn't click with PF either, had different outlook on life, but she hung in there because she believed it was the right thing to do. He saw her integrity and commitment to their little family of three and realized he was STUCK with this....and he didn't want to be stuck.

jmo

Child support payments?

In addition to not wanting the baby to possibly move away with Kelsey, I think that child support was a huge factor in PF's decision to want Kelsey gone. He did not want to be told by a Court that he had to pay child support on a regular basis, and be obligated to pay it monthly until the child became of age. If he alone had custody (with Kelsey out of the picture -- in a permanent way), he would be in control of what it cost to raise the child, with no oversight by any authority.

Does anybody happen to know who had the baby and when? It seems her days were long so I wonder if she picked her up after work or maybe she got her after work on Fridays and had her on the weekends.

Maybe, but then again, how much could that have been? People pay that all of the time. She made good money, he made what we think might be good money? If the baby was in his care a good amount of the the time because she worked a great distance away. I feel like it's splitting hairs. MOO Could be totally wrong though. People have killed for much less.. sadly
Where do I remember reading and who said PF was dealing with the slow economy? Now that I think about it it was almost like no one asked and it was just said. Maybe he was hiding money from something illegal and was afraid of losing that income?

They probably had that yesterday. Didn't LE say in the PC that they knew where the phone was? I assume it pinged its last location and LE just needed a warrant to retrieve it. I can't wait to find out where it was. MOO
Really good point. I figured the phone had sent out a ping while turned on en route in the area and was smashed and/or discarded against rocks underwater in some lake or something, never to be seen again. It never occurred to me that the phone was used in a specific residence or establishment that could pinpoint a person at the location where it was used.

I wonder if they did find a body which would be badly decomposed or clothes and they are waiting for body to be identified. I’m only saying this because it’s such a big announcement. Maybe they are getting the info from PF? I bet they are interrogating him hard for hours like CW. I hope if he does eventually plead guilty they release all the videos, interviews, documents just like in CW case. I found it all so interesting.
Because CW was pretending to be innocent and a concerned dad at that point, he hadn't yet been arrested or read his rights. He was technically free to leave at any time, but he had to pretend he was being helpful. (If he actually tried to leave, a decision would need to be made if they had enough evidence to charge him.) It was in their best interest to keep him talking, give up info, and let him dig deeper into his lies. PF has already been arrested and advised of his right to remain silent, so he won't be talking.

No. I don’t get that feeling here.

I don’t think this guy killed for that reason.

If another woman exists, it’s a different dynamic.

I think this was either an argument that escalated, or something that involved child custody.

Maybe both.
You know, I just can't decide what I think about motive for this one. He just does not seem like the doting dad who would even want custody of this child. All that responsibility for himself? If it was about the child, then I think it had more to do with child support and finances than about who was going to be the primary parent.

But who knows. I keep forgetting that PF is perhaps a small town country boy where most of his peers are probably married with a few kids at this age. Maybe that's just the norm and he wouldn't consider a toddler a total burden to his lifestyle, especially if he lived with his mother and had her helping out with child care.

I can't think of any other motive. Did he not want to get married so figured he better kill her instead? That doesn't make much sense. Unlike CW, he didn't harm his daughter. So it's not like he was just after a new life. He would still have the child and financial burden of supporting a child, WITHOUT KB's salary. He could still be with a new chic and his life wouldn't change much. So what would lead him to murder? And soliciting her murder? I am so perplexed.

Last edited:
I wonder if they did find a body which would be badly decomposed or clothes and they are waiting for body to be identified. I’m only saying this because it’s such a big announcement. Maybe they are getting the info from PF? I bet they are interrogating him hard for hours like CW. I hope if he does eventually plead guilty they release all the videos, interviews, documents just like in CW case. I found it all so interesting.
No to the hard interrogating for hours. PF has been covered by attorneys for some time, first Loew, now a PD. LE is not allowed to badger the suspect with attempts at hard intertogating once he has an attorney.

I know it is a tiny, if any, consolation...but at least her family has already been told that Kelsey is deceased...rather than clinging to hope that somehow she still might be found alive. Especially if her body is found...it might be a relief in a way more than the end of hope...? Jmo

Where do I remember reading and who said PF was dealing with the slow economy? Now that I think about it it was almost like no one asked and it was just said. Maybe he was hiding money from something illegal and was afraid of losing that income?

Who knows?? We don't even know how many head of cattle he actually has. Nor do we know how many hours he spent shoeing horses per day or week or how many dogs he has and is training to sell. Its possible he was all show and no glow. Meaning he flashed a good line to KB and once she got there and started figuring out he was not what he said he was... then it all started started going south. As far as illegal, I'm trying to figure out what that could be.. only think I'm coming up with is cattle fraud.. not saying he did but it can happen/does happen.

They probably had that yesterday. Didn't LE say in the PC that they knew where the phone was? I assume it pinged its last location and LE just needed a warrant to retrieve it. I can't wait to find out where it was. MOO

I’d bet the person who sent the texts was also connected to WiFi and they logged the IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB