CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me, or does the editing when trying to reply on this site suck? Trying to snip what I’m replying to has been a horrible frustrating experience. Maybe it’s because I’m using my iPad?
Yep using an iPad same problem for months. The keyboard lagging is the worst.

I didn't realize this, so I just looked it up and read 7DA aren't supposed to wear jewelry at all. Is this right? Because I've seen photos of Kelsey wearing jewelry.

I have known a few Seventh Day Adventist’s and their habits have varied from congregation to congregation and person to person. I know several families who wear jewelry, for example. I am guessing—like many other denominations—there are those that are more conservative and those that are more liberal.

But I don’t remember seeing any photos of her with an engagement ring.

I have known a few Seventh Day Adventist’s and their habits have varied from congregation to congregation and person to person. I know several families who wear jewelry, for example. I am guessing—like many other denominations—there are those that are more conservative and those that are more liberal.

But I don’t remember seeing any photos of her with a ring.

You can look on FB and find a photo of her with a ring on her left hand, but it looks like more of a thick band to me.

From the first link:

“On December 15th, the FBI, Colorado Bureau of Investigations and the Woodland Park Police Department requested help from law enforcement in the Magic Valley.

Twin Falls deputies and officers prepared and served warrants and processed some evidence. The nature of the evidence is unknown at this time.

Sheriff Tom Carter and Chief Craig Kingsbury said in a joint statement, "We are pleased our organizations were able to provide the assistance and support requested by the FBI, CBI and the Woodland Park Police Department."“

Rage. Heat of the moment!

Honestly, that's what I initially thought was the answer...I figured they had some kind of argument that escalated to the point where things got violent. But the solicitation charge kind of rules that out. It makes me sick to think that PF could have been planning this for months and poor KB was completely unaware.

Rage. Heat of the moment!
One of his charges is for solicitation to murder. To me, that means this wasn't a murder committed in rage, but planned in advance. I think he planned it for Thanksgiving because of the long weekend provided time for cover-up.

I also think the break-up story is unfounded at this point. We don't have anything concrete to indicate she was going to leave with the baby. I do not think he was concerned about losing his child.

Maybe we'll learn differently, but I think PF probably made up the story about them breaking up as a way to explain why he didn't look for her.

jmo

Child support payments?

Maybe, but then again, how much could that have been? People pay that all of the time. She made good money, he made what we think might be good money? If the baby was in his care a good amount of the the time because she worked a great distance away. I feel like it's splitting hairs. MOO Could be totally wrong though. People have killed for much less.. sadly

Has there been any mention of an engagement ring that I might have missed?

Not that I'm aware of.....good question CL.

I haven’t seen anything on engagement rings, and have no idea how religious she was, but wedding bands, let alone diamond engagement rings seem to be a point of contention in the seventh day Adventist’s beliefs.

Hadn't crossed my mind. If there was, I wonder where it is now. He says they broke up. I'm guessing he would have had to take it off her finger if that was a lie.

KB doesn't wear any jewelry in any of her pictures as far as I have seen. And her mom does not either-- not even a wedding band. Have we seen any mention of PF's religious beliefs though? He might have given her a ring that she never wore for photos out of respect for her mom. Her cousin and aunt DO seem to wear jewelry, however. It is a toss up IMO if she was practicing that aspect of SDA faith:
7537196-6505647-image-a-52_1545086276707.jpg

Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online

Heat of the Moment doesn't jive with solicitation for murder though?
Yeah. Until he was arrested, and the charges announced, I thought that this was a spontaneous crime of passion.

The fact that he attempted to hire someone to kill her, means that murder was on his mind before that fateful day.

That sure seems premeditated to me.

From the third link:

“"On December 15, 2018, the Federal Bureau of Investigations contacted the Twin Falls Police Department and Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office to request assistance with the ongoing Woodland Park investigation into the disappearance of Kelsey Berreth," a statement from the city of Twin Falls said. "Detectives from the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office and Twin Falls Police Department worked with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) and the FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants as well as processing some items of evidence with the assistance of Twin Falls County and Twin Falls City Evidence Technicians."“

I didn't realize this, so I just looked it up and read 7DA aren't supposed to wear jewelry at all. Is this right? Because I've seen photos of Kelsey wearing jewelry.

Where have you seen her wearing jewelry, G? I haven't seen any, but I don't have social media so might have missed some.

One of his charges is for solicitation to murder. To me, that means this wasn't a murder committed in rage, but planned in advance. I think he planned it for Thanksgiving because of the long weekend provided time for cover-up.

I also think the break-up story is unfounded at this point. We don't have anything concrete to indicate she was going to leave with the baby. I do not think he was concerned about losing his child.

Maybe we'll learn differently, but I think PF probably made up the story about them breaking up as a way to explain why he didn't look for her.

jmo
Agreed. I think the “engaged” story may have been made up for mom due to religious beliefs.

KB doesn't wear any jewelry in any of her pictures as far as I have seen. And her mom does not either-- not even a wedding band. Have we seen any mention of PF's religious beliefs though? He might have given her a ring that she never wore for photos out of respect for her mom. Her cousin and aunt DO seem to wear jewelry, however. It is a toss up IMO if she was practicing that aspect of SDA faith:
7537196-6505647-image-a-52_1545086276707.jpg

Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online
I wasn’t sure on that either. She may not have stayed with her childhood faith, or may have not continued to practice it publicly even if she privately held those beliefs.

Where have you seen her wearing jewelry, G? I haven't seen any, but I don't have social media so might have missed some.

I didn't notice it before, but you're right. I don't see jewelry in any of her pictures. Although it might be because of the baby...my niece would grab and pull any necklace or earring within her reach, so my sister-in-law stopped wearing any.

“Investigators have recovered a number of items that make us suspicious that the crime did occur at Kelsey’s residence,” De Young said. “That is why we have been coming back to her residence.”“

Snip

“Twin Falls Police did not say what evidence may have been found.”

Snip

“De Young said he does not know where Berreth’s body is located, and he didn’t want to speculate on a possible location. De Young did say that Berreth’s phone ended up in Idaho and that the information about Berreth’s phone pinging off of a tower in southern Idaho was accurate. However, her phone has not yet been found.“

Possible evidence found in Idaho during search for Kelsey Berreth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member