CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I’m not sure they think the same way most of us do or feel (remorse/guilt) the same kinds of emotions and sentiments that most of us do.
I don't think they do either. But, I do think they enjoyed and may miss pleasures like yummy food, comfy clothes, warm beds, fireplaces, a good drink, outdoors, grilling, nice showers and fluffy towels, fun, scenic vacation spots, and freedom. I hope they are having a lovely day behind metal bars without luxuries and comforts. Because I do think they may feel regret over losing a life of those pleasures.

We really don’t know how long he planned it. Could have been months before, or could have been a few days before. Solicitation charge does not give us a time frame. So it’s just as likely that he started bad-mouthing KB to his family after the fact rather than before. IMO, it was after. That is when he needed to garner sympathy and perhaps some funds to use for that private attorney.
I would disagree, as he needed to plant the seeds of animosity so they could sprout and grow towards KB. The story about the "break-up" and "trip to granny's" would look more believable to his supporters that way. Also, he was charged with solicitation to commit murder. Murder was on his mind. Remember as well, abusers like to project their behaviour onto their victims. I've seen it many times in my life.

Have we seen any confirmation of how attached his mom or PF
was to the baby? We can all project how we'd feel about losing
control of the baby but maybe it wasn't that way. Could it be
they took care of baby because it was expected but really felt
put out and considered having a little one around a PITA.
Round the clock care, dirty ,wet diapers and crying baby can
wear on a person's nerves if they aren't emotionally bonded.
I just question if we aren't projecting too much. Thoughts?
I have seen grandparents deeply attached to their grandchildren and I have seen some that resent/careless about grandchildren. Could go either way.

<modsnip - generalization which is not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, they were not scared because KB was not scared during her last conversation with mom.

Sad or good that people don't foresee the future? On that Safeway video, KB walks calmly, she looks busy and is aware of her child, but she has no foreboding of the horror to start in 30 minutes.

So she told mom, calmly, of her plans. A dinner, a X-mas tree. And who would have thought that her child's father had very different plans for the evening? I think she was calm, she had plans, and they included PF. This is why no one got scared.
I’m really wondering where the Christmas tree is coming from?? Does someone have a link?

Seems to me his motive would have to fall into one of the following categories:

• She got pregnant before she knew him well. As she got to know him perhaps she could not envision spending her life with him and a) told him co-parenting would be ok, but no more. She would see others should the opportunity arise; b) she plans to move away near home, near work etc.., Both of these would emasculate and threaten PF
  • He wanted to or had seen others and would not follow through with her. This could have prompted a number of different responses from KB, any of which he could have perceived could threaten his independence, including moving away with the child to which he might have become attached, demanding more financial support, etc....
  • He was abusive and she was leaving or turning him in.
It had to be serious enough in his distorted mind that he had to kill her. Insane.

This is IMHO big-time so please don't beat me up. I'm 68. Been divorced for 25 years, married for 18 before that. I have dated men from bars, from the computer, through friends, anyway you can find a man. By far the scariest is through the computer. I've even had a PO out on a guy for the past five years. Not only are people not what they say they are on the computer but you can hardly detect pure insanity and sometimes it takes a long time to find that out. Someone asked about three pages ago why are so many young girls getting murdered. IMHO we have opened ourselves up to danger. We move into Danger. We live in danger. And we put up with Danger. Why? Because of companionship and love. The second dangerous component is that we don't know how to talk to each other.
Now y'all can rip me up for this but this is what we're doing in order to find a person. And unfortunately some of those people can be very very dangerous. Sometimes I think it would be just better if we all just got out from behind our screens and just live life.
Off to go be with my family, love you guys and everybody have a Merry Christmas!
MOOMOOMOOMOOMOO
ELAINE

I have no link but I've read that KB told her mother that morning
that she and PB 'might' be going out to get a Xmas tree that day.
It came from Kelsey's mom in an interview. She expressed that PF and baby may be going out to look for a tree. Perhaps while KB prepared dinner? Seems early for getting a tree but maybe this is what she told her mom that morning. Could be that PF suggested this to KB in a conversation we know nothing about while in fact he was planning to end her life that afternoon. MOO

I’ve got egg nog brain. This is the first I’m hearing of a Christmas tree? Is this what her mother said?
That’s what I remember reading on WS a few weeks ago... quickly tried to go back and find it, but can’t... will try to look later when I’m not so busy...

Could PF have taken some cattle to twin falls for auction?
Probably too far, but that does bring up something interesting. Most cattle auctions list most transactions (John Doe sold 45 heifer calves, 450 pounds at 1.65, etc). Maybe someone could check the local previous auctions around Woodland and see if he is listed. (Might be in someone else's name). Most ranchers sell their calves in October.

This is IMHO big-time so please don't beat me up. I'm 68. Been divorced for 25 years, married for 18 before that. I have dated men from bars, from the computer, through friends, anyway you can find a man. By far the scariest is through the computer. I've even had a PO out on a guy for the past five years. Not only are people not what they say they are on the computer but you can hardly detect pure insanity and sometimes it takes a long time to find that out. Someone asked about three pages ago why are so many young girls getting murdered. IMHO we have opened ourselves up to danger. We move into Danger. We live in danger. And we put up with Danger. Why? Because of companionship and love. The second dangerous component is that we don't know how to talk to each other.
Now y'all can rip me up for this but this is what we're doing in order to find a person. And unfortunately some of those people can be very very dangerous. Sometimes I think it would be just better if we all just got out from behind our screens and just live life.
Off to go be with my family, love you guys and everybody have a Merry Christmas!
MOOMOOMOOMOOMOO
ELAINE
Won't beat you up on this because I totally agree. Some threads ago I said, "stay away from dating sites." It's just too easy to pretend you are something you are not. Go out and join a special interest group, bird watching if you will :) Anything but a dating site. It's not that people can't fool you in person, but it's just so much easier on-line.

It came from Kelsey's mom in an interview. She expressed that PF and baby may be going out to look for a tree. Perhaps while KB prepared dinner? Seems early for getting a tree but maybe this is what she told her mom that morning. Could be that PF suggested this to KB in a conversation we know nothing about while in fact he was planning to end her life that afternoon. MOO
This is pretty big. I feel maybe he did take her to get a tree. ?! Subliminal on his part?

Won't beat you up on this because I totally agree. Some threads ago I said, "stay away from dating sites." It's just too easy to pretend you are something you are not. Go out and join a special interest group, bird watching if you will :) Anything but a dating site. It's not that people can't fool you in person, but it's just so much easier on-line.

Agree, as a late 50’s divorced woman after a long marriage. I understand people are busy, but “meeting” online takes a long time too, sifting through all those profiles. One of my friends tried this for a year or so and was shocked at the losers she met, who seemed “normal” in chats online. I wasn’t so shocked. But I think until you reach a certain age, it is hard to imagine not being “partnered”. For me, it is just the opposite...

Still, Kelsey only did what is being done nowadays...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member