Found Deceased ID - Georgeanna Russell, 73, w/o shoes/coat, Inkom, Bannock County, 26 Dec 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
LOCAL WOMAN REPORTED MISSING; AUTHORITIES FEAR SHE'S OUT IN COLD WITHOUT SHOES OR COAT

Emergency responders are searching for a 73-year-old rural Inkom resident who's been reported missing.

Georgeanna Russell was last seen around 9 p.m. Wednesday at her family's home on Marsh Creek Road.

She apparently had an argument with some family members on Wednesday evening and has not been seen or heard from since, the Bannock County Sheriff's Office reported. Russell left all of her personal belongings at her home and authorities fear that she fled her residence without shoes or a coat during the winter storm that began dumping snow on the region late Wednesday night.

Russell was reported missing by her family around noon on Thursday, the Sheriff's Office said.

Sheriff's deputies and Bannock County Search and Rescue personnel are currently searching for Russell in the Marsh Creek Road area. The Bannock County Sheriff's Office said a drone is being used in the search.
upload_2018-12-27_21-58-47.jpeg

Bannock County Sheriff's Office wants your help finding woman | East Idaho News

The lack of info is sad.
Oh, there are MP reports with less details. What I don’t get: after an argument with family members, a 73-year-old walks out in the evening without shoes or coat (!), there is a winter storm (!!) an night, and her family reports her missing the next day in the afternoon?! What?! Were they busy celebrating Christmas or her being gone?!

Oh, there are MP reports with less details. What I don’t get: after an argument with family members, a 73-year-old walks out in the evening without shoes or coat (!), there is a winter storm (!!) an night, and her family reports her missing the next day in the afternoon?! What?! Were they busy celebrating Christmas or her being gone?!

Kind of like those babies that "just wander off". Hinky, unless she has dementia, etc...

UPDATE: Missing woman in Bannock County found dead | East Idaho News

The search for the missing woman in Bannock County is over.

Bannock County Sheriff’s Office reports Georgeanna Russell was found dead Thursday afternoon not far from her home on Marsh Creek Rd.

An official cause of death is still being determined. The case is under investigation by BCSO and the county coroner.

[...]

Yeah, that is so not cool. My parents are long deceased, but you can believe if one of them ever left their house during a winter storm, I would be right behind them, coaxing them back in the house.

Hinky meter flying high........hope I am wrong.

UPDATE: Missing woman in Bannock County found dead | East Idaho News

The search for the missing woman in Bannock County is over.

Bannock County Sheriff’s Office reports Georgeanna Russell was found dead Thursday afternoon not far from her home on Marsh Creek Rd.

An official cause of death is still being determined. The case is under investigation by BCSO and the county coroner.

[...]
Damn, I read this after I just posted above. Hinky meter off the chart now. How heartbreaking. May she rest in peace.

Yeah, that is so not cool. My parents are long deceased, but you can believe if one of them ever left their house during a winter storm, I would be right behind them, coaxing them back in the house.

Hinky meter flying high........hope I am wrong.
I agree with you, who argues with a parent and doesn't have one family member check on that person afterward. Whenever I had an argument with a family member, especially a parent I would apologize and we would talk and work things out, my parents are also deceased. You would think someone would hear the door or see her leaving at some point, and if she did have a medical condition I surely would have checked on her and watched her more closely!

If dementia/Alzheimer's was involved it's very possible there was no stopping her or coaxing her back. It does appear unusual about the time line between her leaving and reporting her missing but it's possible family thought she'd gone to a neighbor or friend's house. My point is you can't MAKE an adult do anything. That causes bad situations all the time but it's a sad truth.

Article said she was found wearing shoes and a coat.
I still stand by my original post- warm coat or not. If my Mom/aunt/grandmother, etc left in the middle of a winter storm, especially under stressful circumstances, I would be right behind her until I coaxed her back into the house. I am NOT changing my mind about this.

I still stand by my original post- warm coat or not. If my Mom/aunt/grandmother, etc left in the middle of a winter storm, especially under stressful circumstances, I would be right behind her until I coaxed her back into the house. I am NOT changing my mind about this.

Absolutely agree! I just meant to point out the difference between what it was reported they said she was not wearing and what she was found wearing.

We don’t know the whole story of course, but there no way on earth I would have let her just go. I can’t believe no one followed her.

Absolutely agree! I just meant to point out the difference between what it was reported they said she was not wearing and what she was found wearing.

We don’t know the whole story of course, but there no way on earth I would have let her just go. I can’t believe no one followed her.
Why was a family member arguing with the 72 year old family member? Maybe there was a reason she had to run from the house?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjf711
Back