AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK these are my amateur thoughts and questions on the call log.

On CFS# BNSO1831604 page 1 the following unit was dispatched 329. Line 1 under TYPES/UNITS
  • The call was received at 00:53:26 hrs unit 329 was dispatched at 00:56:01 -
  • It took 3 mins 25 seconds from the beginning of the call to dispatch unit 329.
  • Unit 329 arrive on scene @ 01:00:29 only 3 minutes and 31 seconds after despatch had despatched and the arrival at the scene of unit 329
What I don't understand is Line two says 911 Hang Up

Line 3 says
  • The call was received at 00:53:26 hrs unit 329 was dispatched at 20:34:46 arrived at 20:34:53. that really doesn't add up what am I reading wrong? Or is it another typo or perhaps the files were merged incorrectly, who knows. I am just having difficulty making sense of the 1st 3 lines can anyone help me understand?

One thing Fitzgerald has made very clear in this case and that is they have found no evidence Jayme had a boyfriend of any age.

All girls and boys who recently turned 13 are not alike nor clones of all other 13 year olds. They are individuals like all humans are.

The investigators including the FBI have found no evidence Jayme had secret contact with anyone on social media either.

This was not done by a boyfriend she didnt even have nor is this someone she met online. Imo

The FBI is known as the best experts in the world when it comes to tracking any and all communication data activity.

If this had happened they would have uncovered it long ago shortly after it happened.

Yet they are stumped over two months later and have no evidence showing them who the suspect could possibly even be.

Imo

Based on the sheriff's comments I don't believe this was done by someone Jayme was secretly communicating with online or other means such as a text either.

Anyone kicking down a door of the home of what is apparently a good family and murdering two good parents has some reason that may not follow the logic of any sane person. John Hinckley tried to kill President Reagan as a result of his obsession with the film "Taxi Driver" and actress Jodie Foster. It really had no logical connection to the President.

There is a possibility this person saw some photo of Jayme with a family member or somewhere else, read something she wrote on social media or overheard her talking somewhere in public and applied their own twisted logic. And this is assuming Jayme was the target.

It also possible that one of the parents said something to the murderer in the past and the murderer perceived themselves as being wronged leading to one of the parents as being the target with the other murder and the abduction as collateral damage.

Given what we have there are a number of scenarios and they don't seem, so far, to be based on any logical thought process.

Agreed.

And when the aunt said she thought it was someone local, what gave her that impression? Also Denise’s brother sayinghe has an idea. Makes me think the family knows more than what we know.
Well obviously they don't know anything. I don't see ANY progress here.

I just don't believe for a second that Jayme was involved in planning or participating in the assassinations of her parents, but taking another look at the abduction brings questions.

The age of 13 is when kids start pulling away from their parents. Lots of complaints like, "My mom won't let me..." or "My dad won't buy for me..." or "They won't take me..." or "My dad says I have to clean..." Lots of stretching their wings.

I have not read where Jayme had a lot of friends. That said, yes, she had just changed schools. However, I have not heard about going places with friends, friends at her house, Jayme at friend's houses, parties with her own age group, cell phone use. What we have heard is Denise taking Jayme places. Remembrances have been adult driven rather than organized by Jayme's peers. One would think her peers would be more involved, even from her previous school. Actually, other than a couple of comments, we don't know much about Jayme personally. Could she have formed a friendship with the abductor?

The crime scene itself is strange. There is no evidence of a struggle from Jayme, and the killer was in and out in minutes - not even inside the house for more than 5 ft. The sheriff once asked to look for a backpack, which is odd. He must know if her shoes or coat/jacket is missing.

How odd is it that relatives publicly asked Jayme to come home? Have we ever heard of an abduction case where the victim could walk away? There is nothing for Jayme to come home to. If Jayme is complicit, she certainly knows "home" will be to JDC. Is there evidence Jayme spent overnights with relatives or would wish to permanently live with relatives?

I have no knowledge that Jayme is involved in her own disappearance, but like other theories, it's out there.
WS is an excellent well moderated forum for us to post, but it isn't the only place. There are forums, etc. where family and friends post their feelings and experiences with and about Jayme. There are many posts about what she liked to do and her activities with people outside of family. Also, Jayme had just turned thirteen, not long at being a teenager, so her social life was probably pretty limited.jmo

Want a map that'll give you more details that you actually need?

Barron County, WI » WG Xtreme
Interesting. If we assume the killer(s) turned west when leaving the house with Jayme there are about 3-4 roads within 5 miles they could have turned north or south on when they left the area. And if they did that then the possibilities multiply from there. No wonder LE wanted to expand their search for video surveillance out to 60 miles.

Is there any evidence that James and Denise Closs ever took a Foster Child/Foster Children into their home ?
Or perhaps took in a person that needed a place to stay ? Denise’s relatives said she was always trying to help others.
Can anyone confirm if anyone may have been staying there prior to the crime? Maybe someone having a family or drug problem who Denise felt sorry for and was trying to help ?

OK these are my amateur thoughts and questions on the call log.

On CFS# BNSO1831604 page 1 the following unit was dispatched 329. Line 1 under TYPES/UNITS
  • The call was received at 00:53:26 hrs unit 329 was dispatched at 00:56:01 -
  • It took 3 mins 25 seconds from the beginning of the call to dispatch unit 329.
  • Unit 329 arrive on scene @ 01:00:29 only 3 minutes and 31 seconds after despatch had despatched and the arrival at the scene of unit 329
What I don't understand is Line two says 911 Hang Up

Line 3 says
  • The call was received at 00:53:26 hrs unit 329 was dispatched at 20:34:46 arrived at 20:34:53. that really doesn't add up what am I reading wrong? Or is it another typo or perhaps the files were merged incorrectly, who knows. I am just having difficulty making sense of the 1st 3 lines can anyone help me understand?

Scroll down to details. You're looking at summarized statistics/info at the top.

Can someone please summarize the information on the two girls? I can't make it out from the call log. It sounds from the posts that they were driving around the house repeatedly after the crime?
Lookiloos is what it amounted to.
You cannot be with a 13 yr old 24 hours in a day. None of us have been with Jayme or the family behind closed doors. We only give theories and speculate. The sheriff has not completely ruled out Jayme's involvement. Nothing has been ruled out. Thinking back to when I was 13, I actually left the house after my parents went to bed. They never knew. My friends also did the same.
You cannot be with a 13 yr old 24 hours in a day. None of us have been with Jayme or the family behind closed doors. We only give theories and speculate. The sheriff has not completely ruled out Jayme's involvement. Nothing has been ruled out. Thinking back to when I was 13, I actually left the house after my parents went to bed. They never knew. My friends also did the same.
The sheriff has made it abundantly clear that there is no evidence of Jayme having a love interest, as have her relatives who are closest to her.Her mother
While I respect your opinion, the theory of Jamie's possible involvement in her disappearance is moderator approved. That, too, should be respected.

I am simply saying that crime investigators and Jayme's family both say there is absolutely no sign or reason to believe that this recently turned age 13 young girl had a potential or actual boyfriend! Her family has expressed they are not at all happy with speculation about such. Time to respect their assessment and close that particular theory.

Keeping in mind that the call log was not released until a few days after the crimes, the initial reports from LE via Press Conferences was....When they arrived at thetscene, the front door was open and they could see a person down thru the doorway. Unresponsive. The second body was found unresponsive near the first body. Jayme was not found and they began the search for her.
It was only after the call log was released that any details were released...times and what the officers proceeded to do. That's when all hell broke loose with questions and what ifs, why didn't they, and how could of. Also that day the neighbors broke the story that they heard two gun shots at 12:30. My point is..there is no way times can be exactly right. The time they saw James and the time they spoke it into their radio could be minutes off and the same is true when they found Denise. Plus you've got multiple officers reporting to the operator. Does anyone think what's reported is the exact time it was determined or done. I sure don't.. I think they accomplished quite a bit in three hours. I bet they ruhe the day they released the call log. I'm afraid that might be a reason they haven't released anything else important.
Want a map that'll give you more details that you actually need?

Barron County, WI » WG Xtreme

Best map site I’ve seen.... and not glitchy !!!

Unfortunately we do not know if LE has ruled out any possible theory, scenario or motive. Last we heard they can not even determine who was the target, and only rules out the guy who went in for the underwear.

Not knowing the target or motive also means a profile would be useless.

I don’t think Mark Furman has any more inside info on this case than any other ex-Le. People just happen to know his name and he gets $$$ to say stuff on TV, like all the “experts” Nancy Grace used to parade on her show.

Jmo

Apologies if this has been discussed. IIRC, the Closs home is set slightly back off a major hwy. Was it that same highway where Jayme would stand and wait for the school bus?

Further, is this not the way that many trucks come and go to the Jennie O plant?

In reading up on this 280 mile stretch of highway that goes through MN, WI, and MI, it's a fascinating study and certainly not without controversy.
U.S. Route 8 - Wikipedia

It would seem that those who made routine hauls past the Closs house/Jayme's bus stop would be good people to question. I originally thought that the Perp would soon after change their route, but perhaps not. Perhaps driving past the Closs home on their routine hauls would nourish their memory of the night in question.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes, that is where she would wait.

I do not know where the quote is, but the aunt said Jayme would wait in the morning by herself for the bus.

There are no other children waiting with her.

The law is that cars on both sides of the road must stop when a school bus has red lights flashing and or the stop arm extended.

I had wondered if the school bus had a camera that got the numbers of car license plates. Of course many buses have cameras for the interior, but I saw an online petition for more severe penalties for those that do not stop for the school bus.

I know people are caught for passing a school bus so I was wondering how the person is caught. It seems like a camera would be an easy way.

I do not recall if there was any resolution to my camera question.

And she would be picked up at her driveway. She lives on a highway. There is no way she would be expected to walk on a highway.

This is pure speculation but is it possible that somewhere in Jayme's sphere was someone who misconstrued her sweet kindness, someone she may have said nothing more to than hello who built up a relationship in his mind alone? And perhaps, with Jayme's routine changed the week prior, the situation was unbearable, again in his mind alone, feeling she was kept from him? We keep looking at the family, trying to figure out a connection, but maybe there was no connection, no physical tie. Maybe the disruption was to SOMEONE ELSE'S careful routine, causing them to act, in a decisive, deplorable way.

The recent photo of Jayme with her father, heart-wrenching. So tender. Such a sweet life.

If only we could rewind the clock....

Apologies if this has been discussed. IIRC, the Closs home is set slightly back off a major hwy. Was it that same highway where Jayme would stand and wait for the school bus?

Further, is this not the way that many trucks come and go to the Jennie O plant?

In reading up on this 280 mile stretch of highway that goes through MN, WI, and MI, it's a fascinating study and certainly not without controversy.
U.S. Route 8 - Wikipedia

It would seem that those who made routine hauls past the Closs house/Jayme's bus stop would be good people to question. I originally thought that the Perp would soon after change their route, but perhaps not. Perhaps driving past the Closs home on their routine hauls would nourish their memory of the night in question.

Amateur opinion and speculation

This highway intersects huge transportion means. North to Duluth Minnesota and onward to Canada . East to Minneapolis, Minnesota. South to Chicago.

I have been on highway 53 many times. South of Rice Lake, the traffic is thick, Many many many semis.

Plus, it is vacationland for people from Minnesota as well as Chicago. There is the Wisonsin Dells which is a popular vacation destination. I think there is or was some kind of circus thing,

Lots of cabins and lake homes. And miles and miles and miles of thick forest.

The forest would be filled with roots and certainly not easy to dig or walk through.

I guess what I mean is he passed their radar when questioned, etc. And even though maybe a crime of opportunity, he got away with it for a very long time. I did not know the drinking thing with regard to him. If I remember it correctly, he was looked at in the beginning and talked to and they moved on...

I have not read the released documents re Jacob Wetterling but with a little bit published, it seems that there were power struggles with the different LE. The perp was going to be arrested and it sounds like something happened between LE.

I believe he lived 15 miles away. No one knew it was him. There were no people covering for him.

But it is so obvious it was him when the truth came out. LE even had his footprints. He was a very small man so the footprimts were small. They had his tire prints . That had fibers that matched a previous abduction. There were tons of LE that worked on that case over the years.

I hope that things have been learned over the years,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member