Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been in the “penalty box” for the last 2 weeks. Been reading and liking a few posts. Andrews: A’s always THX!
My instincts and knowing Barry and Honey brought about my initial reaction/statement when my lawyer called me, after being tipped off by a reporter at the Globe+Mail that their bodies were found.....”he finally killed the ^<}]’”
You didn't think Barry upset a lot of people?

Didn't know we had an insider.

Would someone kindly give me an approximate date they started posting? Would like to go back and read.

This was the first post I could find! He made an account a few days before so there may be some prior posts, but this might be his first as a VI.

Edit: For future reference, if you click on someone's username it should show their join date for an initial idea, and if you go to their Profile > Postings, and then scroll to the bottom, there's an option to 'Find all content by ___'. After clicking on that, go to the last page, and that's likely to be their earliest post (at least on the 'new' website?).

Last edited:
Imo not calling the police immediately is negligence, and should be an offence under the criminal code. What if Barry or honey wasn’t dead yet? First responders could have been there quickly and possibly helped. Instead they take it upon themselves to play god, to call around to relatives? The police are trained to notify next of kin, Realtors aren’t!!!!! Plus, delaying resulted in potentially further degradation of the crime scene, either through the passage of time, or if someone went down there to look at the bodies. I’m sorry, what they did was WRONG based on what we know.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Not only that, but a killer could still be in the house.

How often did the orchids get watered?

What was the schedule for Honey's Male personal trainer?

What was her relationship with the children like? Can you tell us?
I know only Lauren is a birth child to Honey and the others were from a surrogate.
I've read that Barry always made a point to mention that to others.
It would be interesting to know if Honey was biologically related to the three youngest children, ie were her eggs used, and was the same surrogate used for all three.
That must have been pretty hurtful to Honey if Barry was always pointing that out.

No matter how many may have read this, I would love to see who the author of this piece was. And I would love to see the lawsuit this statement was based on. Wealthy people are targets for fraudulent and frivolous lawsuits, and as someone else mentioned, if one settles on one case, it promotes that type of behavior. Again, people seem to expect that just because of his vast wealth, he should just be happy to make nuisances go away by throwing a few hundred thousand at them. And then they call him 'cheap' if he chooses instead to see it to the end in our courts. Pretty sick, imo.

I think the quote was actually that BS would spend $3,000,000 to get back $150,000 owing to him. It might have been in reference to BS's recent law suit against con man Shaun Rootenberg who swindled him out of $150,000.

Although I don't recall having read this particular article, the particulars are mentioned here:

As reported by CBC News, Sherman was seeking to recover $150,000 he’d invested in Rootenberg’s “Trivia For Good,” a startup app that billed itself as “the free social video quiz game that pays huge cash prizes while raising funds for charities worldwide!”

Who Murdered Billionaire Couple Barry and Honey Sherman and Made it Look Like Suicide?

Appreciate your apology. BTW: l get along extremely well with my sister-in-law Julia. I didn’t have a mental breakdown and agreed to a litigation guardian: “took one for the team”.
I won’t defend myself again here. I will state this for the record:
* Nobody will collect the 10 million.
* The multiple murderers who targeted Barry and Honey won’t be arrested.
* Barry killed Honey then hung hinself.

Oh, l didn’t do it!

It was not an apology. There was nothing in my post to apologize for.

Could you please tell us what Honeys' relationship was with the children and why it angered Barry?

No matter how many may have read this, I would love to see who the author of this piece was. And I would love to see the lawsuit this statement was based on. Wealthy people are targets for fraudulent and frivolous lawsuits, and as someone else mentioned, if one settles on one case, it promotes that type of behavior. Again, people seem to expect that just because of his vast wealth, he should just be happy to make nuisances go away by throwing a few hundred thousand at them. And then they call him 'cheap' if he chooses instead to see it to the end in our courts. Pretty sick, imo.
SHERMAN MURDERS: Did organized crime kill billionaire?
“Barry was a prick, if he needed you to pay $150,000 he wouldn’t hesitate to spend $3 million in court. It was all about winning for him,” Robinson said.

“People really hated him in the business.”

But Robinson doubts one of Sherman’s Big Pharma enemies took out a contract on him.

“Big Pharma doesn’t take out hits on people, at least not in North America,” Robinson said. “They’ll plant a kilo of cocaine in the trunk of your car or embed kiddie *advertiser censored* on your computer but they won’t murder you.”

Russian and Chinese organized crime syndicates, on the other hand, play by different rules. Robinson said some Russian hitmen “fly in on Monday, do the job, then they get on a plane and disappear on Tuesday morning.”

Another possibility that the writer entertains is that it was Honey Sherman who was the real target.

“She was well-known as a pain in the *advertiser censored*, maybe somebody had something against Honey,” Robinson said."

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Not only that, but a killer could still be in the house.

How often did the orchids get watered?

What was the schedule for Honey's Male personal trainer?

Thank you Wondergirl. Wouldn’t Gottlieb be concerned about the killers potentially still being in the house? How would she know otherwise? Moo

It was reported that the trainer showed up Friday late morning or early afternoon asking for honey, and he was refused entry by the police (evidently they were better at securing the house in the first few hours than they were a day or two later when an apotex employee evidently walked past police right into the house).
I also would like to know when the trainer was last at the house and what his schedule for visiting honey was. In the early days of this forum there were some postings wondering about the real nature of the relationship with honey but nothing more has ever come out

I think the quote was actually that BS would spend $3,000,000 to get back $150,000 owing to him. It might have been in reference to BS's recent law suit against con man Shaun Rootenberg who swindled him out of $150,000.

Although I don't recall having read this particular article, the particulars are mentioned here:

As reported by CBC News, Sherman was seeking to recover $150,000 he’d invested in Rootenberg’s “Trivia For Good,” a startup app that billed itself as “the free social video quiz game that pays huge cash prizes while raising funds for charities worldwide!”

Who Murdered Billionaire Couple Barry and Honey Sherman and Made it Look Like Suicide?

By the way, Barry was evidently introduced to Rootenberg by...... drum roll...convicted criminal Myron Gottlieb. I wonder- is he Any relation to Judi?

SHERMAN MURDERS: Did organized crime kill billionaire?
“Barry was a prick, if he needed you to pay $150,000 he wouldn’t hesitate to spend $3 million in court. It was all about winning for him,” Robinson said.

“People really hated him in the business.”

But Robinson doubts one of Sherman’s Big Pharma enemies took out a contract on him.

“Big Pharma doesn’t take out hits on people, at least not in North America,” Robinson said. “They’ll plant a kilo of cocaine in the trunk of your car or embed kiddie *advertiser censored* on your computer but they won’t murder you.”

Russian and Chinese organized crime syndicates, on the other hand, play by different rules. Robinson said some Russian hitmen “fly in on Monday, do the job, then they get on a plane and disappear on Tuesday morning.”

Another possibility that the writer entertains is that it was Honey Sherman who was the real target.

“She was well-known as a pain in the *advertiser censored*, maybe somebody had something against Honey,” Robinson said."
Ok, so just because the man is wealthy, he's supposed to just let it go when he gets scammed, because he can afford it. Otherwise, he's a prick. Nice.

It would be interesting to know if Honey was biologically related to the three youngest children, ie were her eggs used, and was the same surrogate used for all three.
That must have been pretty hurtful to Honey if Barry was always pointing that out.
Is there a reference for him always pointing that out, or was it just pointed out to the one reporter in the one article?

Kerry, glad to see you back.

You know what, I understand the resentment; I get it. My own parents were well off but never actually "gave" me a dime. They kept a ledger and I swear it went back to when I was a little kid asking for a nickel for the bubblegum machine.

As I grew up, any help always came with strings attached. Even if those strings were only an hour-long lecture on my own inadequacies, it takes a toll.
And the ledger was ALWAYS dragged out whether it was 10 dollars or 100, and year-to-date was always totaled up.

In my case I had small children to support, and a deadbeat father who would not, and college tuition to pay, but hey whatever. All I'm saying is I DO get it. Resentment and hurt creeps in, no matter how adult you try to be.

I also understand how a protracted court case can skew emotions. The initial reaction can easily be colored by this long-standing fight; one is still "in the moment", if you know what I mean. I'm pretty sure you do.

What I don't understand is why you said the things you now publicly admit were lies.

Do you now regret saying that you are glad they are dead?

Also since you are obviously more familiar with the Sherman's & their backstory than any of us I am wondering - I am hoping! - that at times you do entertain the notion that this was POSSIBLY a targeted M/M and have some alternate theory in mind that you would care share with us.

Again, I do appreciate your coming back to the forum. I know it must be hard for you.

Is there a reference for him always pointing that out, or was it just pointed out to the one reporter in the one article?

It was written in one of the many articles about the Shermans, possibly the Toronto Life article.

He would tell people that the eldest was Honeys' but that the other children were HIS alone. Nice guy....not.

It was written in one of the many articles about the Shermans, possibly the Toronto Life article.

He would tell people that the eldest was Honeys' but that the other children were HIS alone. Nice guy....not.
I realize it was written in one article by one reporter.. I just haven't noticed that it was something he would 'tell people'. Are there more articles where he's quoted saying that?

Who could have murdered billionaire Barry Sherman and wife Honey, two of Canada’s leading philanthropists? – Part 1: the brand-name drug companies

Very detailed story about Barry, litigation, enemies, etc. I don’t recall this ever having been posted previously.
Interestingly, the writers spend a lot of time detailing Barry’s dispute with dr Morton Shulman, the former chief coroner of Ontario. Dr. Shulman developed Parkinson’s disease, and he developed a number of generic medicines that Barry evidently wanted for apotex, and the men feuded bitterly for many years. Shulman and his associat d claimed Barry tried to ruin them financially. The guy running dr Shulmans drug business was dr Martin Barkin. Isn’t that the dr that adopted KW and his siblings? At least it’s the same last name as I recall, maybe KW can comment. Strange how all,these connections seeming to emerge.

In any event, the article is a good summary, and contains lots of detailed info.

What a basta** BS was!! To be such an alleged intelligent man, that statement that the children were HIS alone had to sound dumb to the people he said it to as we all know it takes a male and a female to make a baby.

For a husband who supposedly loved his wife, how much more could BS disrespect and put Honey down? This statement shows what an egotistical one up you man he was! He had to be number one in everything he did.

I didn’t even know they had surrogates at the time the Sherman’s were having children.

Who could have murdered billionaire Barry Sherman and wife Honey, two of Canada’s leading philanthropists? – Part 1: the brand-name drug companies

Very detailed story about Barry, litigation, enemies, etc. I don’t recall this ever having been posted previously.
Interestingly, the writers spend a lot of time detailing Barry’s dispute with dr Morton Shulman, the former chief coroner of Ontario. Dr. Shulman developed Parkinson’s disease, and he developed a number of generic medicines that Barry evidently wanted for apotex, and the men feuded bitterly for many years. Shulman and his associat d claimed Barry tried to ruin them financially. The guy running dr Shulmans drug business was dr Martin Barkin. Isn’t that the dr that adopted KW and his siblings? At least it’s the same last name as I recall, maybe KW can comment. Strange how all,these connections seeming to emerge.

In any event, the article is a good summary, and contains lots of detailed info.

From the 2008 Toronto Life story:

Beverley’s rabbi found a home for the boys with Martin Barkin, a highly regarded urologist, and his wife, Carol, a  schoolteacher.

How Barry Sherman built his multibillion-dollar fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members