GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning that way. The way everything worked out with no evidence left behind, the security camera being out, the alarm being off, and nothing stolen it had ro be someone close to them. The beheading also suggests rage and who would hate an elderly couple so much?

I'm leaning that way. The way everything worked out with no evidence left behind, the security camera being out, the alarm being off, and nothing stolen it had ro be someone close to them. The beheading also suggests rage and who would hate an elderly couple so much?
Either rage or a tactic to scare the heck out of those who know or are close to the Dermonds.

If it were rage, I would think they both would have been severely beaten. She was hit once (no sign of rape) and put in the water after death. Also, couldn't they tell that Mr. D. died before he was beheaded?

It seems too clean, sort of impersonal but made to scare the heck out of someone. (Enough to convince someone that if they didn't cooperate,
they or others close to them would be next). A warning.

If this was a hit by someone with something to gain then it was family. If this was a botched robbery as SS said it could be that would explain the double murder and the beheading but someone who intended to rob them certainly lost track of why they were there because they had plenty of expensive things to steal yet nothing was stolen and the house was not disturbed .It's tough to know because at the beginning SS claimed to have all forms of evidence and later said he has no evidence, then the GSR claim by him followed by the coroners report stating nothing about GSR being found. A coroner is more likely to find GSR than the police imo. I just find it hard to believe the killer or killers pulled this off without leaving any evidence. I really hope this couples killers are found but it sure seems SS knows who they are but just can't get a conviction as I've said in the past.

Here's why I think this. SS claimed he had all forms of evidence but later on backed off that statement but has said from the beginning this case will be solved by someone calling him with information. This tells me he brought the evidence to the DA and the DA said the evidence could easily be contested and wouldn't sign a warrant for the arrest. This tells me it was someone who has been to the house frequently as their fingerprints would be found there. This would also explain the killers being familiar with the area and the house. Another thing that keeps fresh in my mind is the son Brad said during his interview that he talked to his dad everyday after work yet there's a 4 day span where either he didn't call . Lets say he did call but The D's didn't answer. If I was Brad and my parents were in their late 80's I would try multiple times and if no answer then I would either call a neighbor or call the local pd and have them do a wellness check. The D's were found by a neighbor who called them and got no answer

This is an elderly couple in their late 80's who were ready to move to assisted living soon I find it hard to believe that in 4 days none of their 3 kids tried to contact them.

If this was a hit by someone with something to gain then it was family. If this was a botched robbery as SS said it could be that would explain the double murder and the beheading but someone who intended to rob them certainly lost track of why they were there because they had plenty of expensive things to steal yet nothing was stolen and the house was not disturbed .It's tough to know because at the beginning SS claimed to have all forms of evidence and later said he has no evidence, then the GSR claim by him followed by the coroners report stating nothing about GSR being found. A coroner is more likely to find GSR than the police imo. I just find it hard to believe the killer or killers pulled this off without leaving any evidence. I really hope this couples killers are found but it sure seems SS knows who they are but just can't get a conviction as I've said in the past.

Here's why I think this. SS claimed he had all forms of evidence but later on backed off that statement but has said from the beginning this case will be solved by someone calling him with information. This tells me he brought the evidence to the DA and the DA said the evidence could easily be contested and wouldn't sign a warrant for the arrest. This tells me it was someone who has been to the house frequently as their fingerprints would be found there. This would also explain the killers being familiar with the area and the house. Another thing that keeps fresh in my mind is the son Brad said during his interview that he talked to his dad everyday after work yet there's a 4 day span where either he didn't call . Lets say he did call but The D's didn't answer. If I was Brad and my parents were in their late 80's I would try multiple times and if no answer then I would either call a neighbor or call the local pd and have them do a wellness check. The D's were found by a neighbor who called them and got no answer

This is an elderly couple in their late 80's who were ready to move to assisted living soon I find it hard to believe that in 4 days none of their 3 kids tried to contact them.
I think your point or suggestion that SS presented it to the DA but refused to file charges because evidence could be disproved in court is an excellent one.

But geez, to have the Dad beheaded?!
I can't see where a family member would ever be ok with that. There had to be far easier ways for the D's demise. Pushed down the stairs for example. It could have looked like an accident, but whoever brought this upon the D's was imo making a statement.

I've heard it suggested that many people think that Shirley Dermond was the intended target because of how she was beaten and that maybe Mr. Dermond was just collateral damage. It is just hard to wrap my mind around someone being so angry at a woman in her late 80's that spent most of her time doing cross word puzzles, playing bridge and going to Church...

I didn't know they were ready to move to assisted living? I heard SS and their family members say they were in good shape for their age. That Mrs Dermond kept the house immaculate and that Mr. Dermond was known to walk the neighborhood regularly.

That’s interesting as I wasn’t aware of that fact(SD)

Also they weren’t about to go into Assisted Living so where on Earth another person heard that I don’t have any idea.

I've heard it suggested that many people think that Shirley Dermond was the intended target because of how she was beaten and that maybe Mr. Dermond was just collateral damage. It is just hard to wrap my mind around someone being so angry at a woman in her late 80's that spent most of her time doing cross word puzzles, playing bridge and going to Church...

Where have you heard or seen how she was beaten? After she was discovered in the water, SS said it appeared she was hit over the head with a blunt object that most certainly killed her. I have not heard she was beaten beyond that?!

Thinking of Foxfire today, and fondly remembering his posts. He passed two years ago, today.

Yes, I miss Foxfire, as well. He was absolutely convinced the Nuwabian cult members were responsible for the Dermond murders. He thought they did this to embarrass Sheriff Sills, who they had tangled with. I always listened to him (read his posts), but just couldn’t wrap my head around that theory.

IMHO

I think your point or suggestion that SS presented it to the DA but refused to file charges because evidence could be disproved in court is an excellent one.

But geez, to have the Dad beheaded?!
I can't see where a family member would ever be ok with that. There had to be far easier ways for the D's demise. Pushed down the stairs for example. It could have looked like an accident, but whoever brought this upon the D's was imo making a statement.

Razz, I think whoever beheaded Mr. Dermond was either well known to him and extremely angry, or just unhinged and improvising.

IMHO

In my mind, I imagine someone going to their home for a visit and asking them for money. The Dermonds refused, thus the rage of cutting Mr. Dermond's head off.

In my mind, I imagine someone going to their home for a visit and asking them for money. The Dermonds refused, thus the rage of cutting Mr. Dermond's head off.

Yes! Do you think this was someone known to them?

hahaha They sure did lose track, that was a good one Hockey

ALSO, HOckey, you know how it works, the killer CANNOT FIND the body, had the family called as Ive said before, they would have placed themselves in the investigation, well especially if theyd physically found them........I wonder if the phone records proved he was telling the truth about Brad talking to his dad daily............now Ive discussed this with you before Hockey but its interesting how Brad said the last time he spoke to his father was on Thursday, the day he was at the groc store..........yet was probalby killed friday, no one called or no one did a welfare check on them...........I just keep thinking, the killers cant find them or be involved in any way in finding the bodies.........makes sense to me otherwise Brad or Keith or Leslie would have been calling..........and dont forget Leslie the equine lover, since she and her parents kind of big int he Derby thing, i always thought she would have called to discuss this after wards with her parents..........yet no one called, if they had called and not reached them for four days, calling and calling, it looks bad also they didnt do a welfare
check..........right???

I am guessing here that HOckey is just saying in their advanced age, they may in the near future be moving into assisted living......just expounding on the age of the parents and the need for children to keep in touch with them.......there is nothing I recall about this case that they were moving into assisted living in 2014 anyway

Razz, I think whoever beheaded Mr. Dermond was either well known to him and extremely angry, or just unhinged and improvising.

IMHO
I didn't know they were ready to move to assisted living? I heard SS and their family members say they were in good shape for their age. That Mrs Dermond kept the house immaculate and that Mr. Dermond was known to walk the neighborhood regularly.
THey were quite healthy especially for their age, people they would meet thought they were quite younger.........no I dont think he meant litterally going into assisted living that year anyway...........Also, all the interviews, nothing said she was the target but that RD was the target...........not sure what you might hear now from the community but early on, the cops and the community I was in at Sinclar was saying the mob, and they are all gone back up north...........could be some money laundering going on but i doubt by the elder dermonds, maybe the sons

Yes I guess they were getting rid of a lot of stuff . I believe it was on 1 of the podcasts i'll try to find it some cold night.

hahaha They sure did lose track, that was a good one Hockey

ALSO, HOckey, you know how it works, the killer CANNOT FIND the body, had the family called as Ive said before, they would have placed themselves in the investigation, well especially if theyd physically found them........I wonder if the phone records proved he was telling the truth about Brad talking to his dad daily............now Ive discussed this with you before Hockey but its interesting how Brad said the last time he spoke to his father was on Thursday, the day he was at the groc store..........yet was probalby killed friday, no one called or no one did a welfare check on them...........I just keep thinking, the killers cant find them or be involved in any way in finding the bodies.........makes sense to me otherwise Brad or Keith or Leslie would have been calling..........and dont forget Leslie the equine lover, since she and her parents kind of big int he Derby thing, i always thought she would have called to discuss this after wards with her parents..........yet no one called, if they had called and not reached them for four days, calling and calling, it looks bad also they didnt do a welfare
check..........right???

I am guessing here that HOckey is just saying in their advanced age, they may in the near future be moving into assisted living......just expounding on the age of the parents and the need for children to keep in touch with them.......there is nothing I recall about this case that they were moving into assisted living in 2014 anyway

Hmm, no calls from children during that time. And not much more concern four and a half years later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59