CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pommy, the likelihood that K MAY have met a new man, IMO, is huge. Think of the men she had contact with thru her job.
I really wonder if she was done with P?

MOO MOO

Agreed, she may well (also) have met someone else. Not necessarily moved on to another relationship, but she almost certainly would have had options and offers. Regardless of whatever else he had on the table, if PF sensed KB was no longer totally devoted to him, that could have tipped the balance. IMO.

I think that is highly possible. She was pretty. I bet she took it slowly this time after PF. I have thought that might be who she mentioned going to dinner that night as opposed to PF.
One thing that makes me shy away from this scenario is that she'd been working all week, long hours with the drive. Wouldn't she have wanted to spend the holiday with baby K, and not just hand her back over to PF in the afternoon?My thoughts are she thought they MAY go out for dinner but then PF suggests they eat in and hence the quick trip to Safeway to buy some supplies for dinner. Perfect opportunity to do the unspeakable deed in the afternoon while baby K was having her nap.
edit: spelling

Last edited:
One thing that makes me shy away from this scenario is that she'd been working all week, long hours with the drive. Wouldn't she have wanted to spend the holiday with baby K, and not just hand him back over to PF in the afternoon?My thoughts are she thought they MAY go out for dinner but then PF suggests they eat in and hence the quick trip to Safeway to buy some supplies for dinner. Perfect opportunity to do the unspeakable deed in the afternoon while baby K was having her nap.
Also, a woman of faith and conscience would not likely "cheat" on her fiance, if they were still in that "mode" regardless of how awkward it was getting. Now PF, had a history in that department. JMT

Hi all. I haven’t posted in months, but have been trying to keep up here. I have a question. It seems a well accepted assumption that KB & PF had a rocky relationship at best, with most believing they were broken up. Why is that the general consensus? Because of what the Aunt said? Because of the living arrangements? Because of PF saying they had a custody exchange? IMO, while I agree is a very valid possibility, I don’t see it being the most likely situation necessarily. There are plenty of families with alternative living arrangements & lifestyles. It is quite possible that that KB was happy living eternally “engaged” and having separate living arrangements. Maybe she loved him & the baby but still needed her alone time. While I don’t think this is as likely, I don’t think it can be dismissed.

I’m also confused by the assumption that CB was in the dark about KB’s life...regardless of what it is. Again, IMO, she strikes me as just being a private person who does not want KB’s privacy exposed.

I don't know that we are assuming it was a rocky relationship but the strong liklihood is it was at its end- based on 1. Aunt's statement 2. that KB is presumed dead. 3. words like custody being used are little red flags. none of it alone is enough to presume but it adds up. It is rare to get murdered by a significant other when things are going really well and there are no signs of trouble. The alternative arrangements could be due to multiple things 1. her religious beliefs 2. hesitancy on the part of one or the other of them 3. finances 4. family needs etc.
KB's mom might be fully aware of everything in KB's life and was told by LE to limit what is released to the media to preserve the investigation. Or KB might have kept a few things from her to protect her from worry. I guess we will find out but it may be a very long time before information is unsealed or released.

Also, a woman of faith and conscience would not likely "cheat" on her fiance, if they were still in that "mode" regardless of how awkward it was getting. Now PF, had a history in that department. JMT

I know nothing of her faith other than how she was reportedly raised.
Personally, I have friends raised in the most strictly religious of homes & once they flew the coop......they really flew the coop. They no longer adhere to the beliefs they “had” to as a child. Jmo

I was thinking more in the line of opioid abuse to deal with all of the aches and pains that come from competing in rodeos.
IMO
Aren't alcohol or drug abuse comments a bit specious? If an alcoholic experiences sudden withdrawal, they have DT's, a medical emergency. The same is true for sudden withdrawal in opiate and barbituate addiction. PF declined medical and psychiatric care, and there has been no information about a medical emergency at the jail. PrairieWind already pointed out that the motion is boilerplate.

My worry is she's at a dump. Regardless, it feels like she's a needle in a haystack. It's terrible.
Actually I am not thinking of a dump. I don't even know if WP or Divide has its own dump as it might just be a transfer station so you put it there and it gets transferred to a regular dump.But I totally agree the needle in the haystack.
I do feel strongly that unless PF talks, which I seriously doubt he will, or if an accomplice talks the only other possible way of locating her is if one of the phones can give a clue as to her whereabouts. After that the only way I see her being located is somebody like a hiker, climber, backpacker or hunter stumbling upon her. Thinking logically I would think he would do what is most comfortable to him. He is obviously very comfortable around horses and riding them so my first guess would be he took a ride. He probably used a horse trailer to go less than 20 miles then took her out up to another 20 miles after that. Just speculation on my part as I think that would be the least risky and the most comfortable to him and very hard to locate a person doing that. The lazy way would be to just push the body of the side of a cliff on the road. Much of the road like CO 67, towards Cripple Creek has no shoulder so you can't stop in the road during the day as other cars would be coming and it is only a narrow 2 lane with no shoulder. But you could stop on the road at night long enough to do what you need to do then keep going. I am not talking about the places where there is a pullout on the side I am talking about the road when it is over 1000 feet straight down off the side of the road and there is no shoulder to pull over on. So if you stop there you are stopping in the actual lane of traffic. But I think he took a horse ride. MOO

KB from what we know does not seem likely to cheat on a FIANCÉ . Do we know if she had an engagement ring ? And wonder if it was found during the search of PF and SF home? If it was found that would sure be a leading clue.

I know nothing of her faith other than how she was reportedly raised.
Personally, I have friends raised in the most strictly religious of homes & once they flew the coop......they really flew the coop. They no longer adhere to the beliefs they “had” to as a child. Jmo
I see your point and it is well taken. This can happen. I imagine we will know soon enough if there was infidelity on either part. My money's on him :)

One thing that makes me shy away from this scenario is that she'd been working all week, long hours with the drive. Wouldn't she have wanted to spend the holiday with baby K, and not just hand her back over to PF in the afternoon?My thoughts are she thought they MAY go out for dinner but then PF suggests they eat in and hence the quick trip to Safeway to buy some supplies for dinner. Perfect opportunity to do the unspeakable deed in the afternoon while baby K was having her nap.
edit: spelling

I find the holiday thing confusing. If he premeditated K’s demise, as suggested, it had to be accomplished on her day off. A holiday was perfect. Imo
Not everyone celebrates TDay gorging on turkey with family. I was on a 6 hour trail ride with 20 other singles, none of us cooked. We wanted to be outside, not cooped in, over eating, watching TV, arguing with people we see annually, etc. After our ride, most of us gathered at a local chain restaurant for drinks and food.
Tday held no meaning for the baby. She’s too young.
MOO

I see your point and it is well taken. This can happen. I imagine we will know soon enough if there was infidelity on either part. My money's on him :)

Thanks. Idk if there was infidelity, or if they had broken up a few weeks prio or what went on. Obviously.
Some men go off at the prospect of another man “fathering” their child. I’ve seen that a lot. The “macho man” thing. JMO

Last edited:
KB from what we know does not seem likely to cheat on a FIANCÉ . Do we know if she had an engagement ring ? And wonder if it was found during the search of PF and SF home? If it was found that would sure be a leading clue.
It was mentioned many threads ago, that some SDA members eschew jewelry, however not all. If there was a ring, it would be interesting to know if it was found.

I still believe they were together in her mind. I most definitely didn’t tell my mother everything and my kids sure don’t tell me everything, but none of us are spinning alternate realities, either.

I think it’s more likely she would have left it at “everything’s fine” and avoided going into detail than invent this narrative of a thanksgiving meal, Christmas tree shopping, searching for recipes, etc.

I also don’t see her bailing on K during her time off since she had to miss her during her working days.

Pommy, the likelihood that K MAY have met a new man, IMO, is huge. Think of the men she had contact with thru her job.
I really wonder if she was done with P?

MOO MOO

She would be exposed to many men in her field, with more ambition and interests in common with her. Jealousy could play a role here, imo. If she decided to move on that would be a huge threat to the dynamic they had and child care arrangements. IMO

It was mentioned many threads ago, that some SDA members eschew jewelry, however not all. If there was a ring, it would be interesting to know if it was found.
Yes and any items that she shopped for at Safeway exp: (turkey) if those ended up in SF freezer would be a tattle tale. Safeway would be able to pin point and pull her receipt with time stamp and items on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikki90