CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Can the DA then present a picture to the jury, in other words saying she died of blunt force trauma? Or would he/she have the forensic pathologist just describe the injuries to her head?

If it were me and I just truly didn't know by trial, but knew she was dead and there was brain matter on the ceiling, I would present to the jury that we know she's dead and we know what we found, and these are the ways it could have gotten there.

Thanks for explaining this - I'm still trying to wrap my head around the 3 counts of solicitation. Wow!
I wonder how long PF had planned to kill KB?

Really. It seems confirmed to September. But, what was he thinking & for how long before soliciting? Omg, he must have hated her. Why could he just not tell her so & walk away.

If it were me and I just truly didn't know by trial, but knew she was dead and there was brain matter on the ceiling, I would present to the jury that we know she's dead and we know what we found, and these are the ways it could have gotten there.

Trial is what, a year away? Or longer? Providing no plea?
So many of these cases end with deals, IMO.

On count #3: The attempted robbery - I assume PF was trying to make it look like KB's home was randomly robbed and during the robbery she was murdered?

Seems to me PF was planning her murder for quite a while before putting his plans into action. He wanted to keep his hands "clean" and tried to hire others to do the dirty work.

MOO

BBM agree. If that's the case then he was the one at the house and most likely committed the murder. He wouldn't take her cell phone for any other reason would he? IMO
Could there have been something on that phone that he wanted and that was the motive? There has been speculation that she knew something unseemly about him.

Hmmm. Could they be under charges with a future court date but not be incarcerated? Assuming they had little involvement. Maybe only a convo or a text?
But, I guess involvement had to be much deeper bc a convo or a text is not a crime.

(You will wish you had worked bf the day is over, sorry, feel better)

Haha! It's okay, I'm just sitting in bed on my laptop, I don't mind.

If they had little involvement, they're likely cooperating. If it really just was a text like, "Hey I got rid of KB, thank God that B**** is gone", then they're not culpable anyway.

I'm leaning towards, if anything, an accessory after the fact charge or two possibly coming. Maybe even an accessory before, though that's more serious. I will eat my hair if there is another principle in the murder.

Consumptive evidence?

What do you think it is? I’m interested to hear everyone’s guess.

I’m torn between a droplet of fluid/stain found on a floor or wall OR a cloth or towel used in clean up. I’m leaning more towards a most minute stain (saliva, vomit, blood splatter) that was missed during a “potential” wipe down.
I am thinking a little piece of brain tissue. One cell of brain tissue would indicate that her head had been cracked open and her brain injured and her chances of being alive were be next to nothing. It would require alot large amount of blood to determine that she had lot enough to be dead. Plus a little blood could mean a previous injury that was rather meaningless. I am going for brain tissue. It could be microscopically identified.

It really boggles the mind. If someone physically or helped perpetrate this why are they free as a bird in the sky is my question?
Makes no sense to me. The level of involvement must be under that.

Perhaps PF discussed this in the past with someone: to have KB murdered, take her phone and send texts days later.
Nothing was agreed during these talks.
Now that KB has been murdered, the initial person in discussions with PF has come forward to LE.
So the initial person was not involved, nor arrested as never thought this would be carried out.
MOO.

My understanding is that @gitana1 responded to this issue and cleared up that the custody case was not initiated before KB’s disappearance, nor by KB herself.... has that understanding changed? If it has, then I do agree that adds to motive...
Some of these news reporters need to do a little more research. If they just got a copy of the filing they could see the CPS was involved. They are listed on the first page as a party!

It really boggles the mind. If someone physically or helped perpetrate this why are they free as a bird in the sky is my question?
Makes no sense to me. The level of involvement must be under that.

I feel the same way, but I am guessing that LE needs to dot all their i’s and cross all their t’s.

Remember, PF was only recently arrested.

MOO

Could there have been something on that phone that he wanted and that was the motive? There has been speculation that she knew something unseemly about him.
Maybe? But it seems like it's just an easy way to make it seem like she left on her own, sending out txt msg's and being in another state fed into his story.

It all sounds so sinister, seedy, mysterious. I am really trusting of the DA at this point that they are protecting the evidence and investigation by these actions. At the presser, DA May said that the holidays have somewhat slowed down/delayed the investigation and they want all of the evidence buttoned up.
BBM
Yes, ITA. They know they are under tight scrutiny fresh off the Watts case. I just don't think a DA or Judge would have charged or allowed these charges without substantial evidence.

Trial is what, a year away? Or longer? Providing no plea?
So many of these cases end with deals, IMO.

I don't know...he seems to not be waiving time if prelim is already a month away. Unless his side does so and continues things, it might be faster. I think CO is six months from when he enters a plea of not guilty (assuming he does so, which I think is a safe assumption to make).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member