CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the reason why I am leaning towards someone else bringing the phone to Idaho.

We know they served search warrants there, which would seem to indicate the involvement of a third party.

If the phone was found, it’s possible that it was found during those searches.
Ahhhh..maybe he went to visit gf and hid the phone in her apt/home?

I wonder if Mrs. F is even able to answer your questions other than T-day plans. If P was set on executing his plan on Tday, I would think he told his mom he’d be getting the baby bc K had other plans. Other than that, I bet he didn’t share much of his itinerary with her. Or his relationship details. Jmo
I can't buy that in his case, as he lives WITH his mother. Trust me, my mother lives with us and there's not much she doesn't know even though she has her own private "apartment" :) KB lived many miles away from her family and it would be easy for her to leave out some of the challenges she was facing with the relationship so as not to worry her parents too much. But PF, the day before he's arrested, tells a client that he's not worried about her because it's not the first time she's disappeared like this? What's he telling his mother and his friends, like the guys at the dump? I'm guessing his mother didn't care much for KB with the stories he was fabricating to cast her in a bad light. JMT

Was just thinking about the hearing today and I don't remember PF having any reaction to anything that was said.
Not a blink.
Not a twitch. Smirk. Nothing.
I can’t imagine the personality needed to refuse to speak to anyone! Try going just one day without speaking, then add in reporters shouting at you, a judge addressing you individually, jail guards chit chatting. Not only is he silent, he seems to have zero reaction to anything said to him. It’s quite bizarre imo.

When ones commits an armed robbery, they are doing something that is inherently dangerous.

When death results, it is not a surprising development, hence “felony murder.”

This is usually treated as first degree murder.

Hey there! Armed robbery is a felony. If someone is killed during the robbery, the perpetrator can be arrested for felony murder.

Missing Colorado Mom Kelsey Berreth’s Ex Charged With Murder-For-Hire Plot
The first charge states Frazee murdered Kelsey after deliberation and with intent, while the second suggests Kelsey died during the execution of a second crime. Court papers state that Frazee, and possibly another person or persons, allegedly tried to rob Kelsey before she died.

Prosecutors also allege Frazee tried to enlist someone to murder Kelsey on occasions between September and November of 2018, according to the documents.

Kelsey was killed on Thanksgiving Day, the court papers indicate, though few other details are available on what happened. Arrest affidavits in the case are sealed.

Days before Christmas, Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young told reporters that investigators believe Frazee killed Kelsey at her townhouse. Kelsey is presumed dead, though her body hasn’t been found, he said.

“Our work is just beginning,” De Young told reporters. “You will be seeing a great deal of law enforcement activity in our community in the coming days and even weeks as we continue our relentless pursuit of justice for Kelsey and her family.”

De Young said cellphone records and other data led to Frazee’s arrest, as well as multiple searches of Kelsey’s and Frazee’s homes.

Asked whether cops could soon make additional arrests, De Young replied, “That’s an absolute possibility.”

BBM

Other data? Maybe just a media slip up, but does make me wonder......

Have they identified the person who helped PF? I wonder who it was...I can't imagine a new love interest being involved.

Can you imagine meeting a guy, and he works into casual conversations about planning to "disappear" his last GF? Out of here!

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.. Too many personnel taking PTO days that know how to process data (and that is OK!!) I am sorry, I, personally stem from 'old school mentality' in which , you want something done, you do it yourself.. Either he doesn't hold the knowledge to do this himself, or he doesn't hold the authority to get it done.
Not going to apologize for this..
This IS a matter of life and death..

Gotcha. I interpreted his holiday comments to be more about the individuals that his investigators were trying to reach being unavailable over the holidays than the investigators not being available over the holidays.

It is my understanding that the investigators would always have back up personnel in place for PTO and there would be other agencies and jurisdictions available to help cover things like PTO, which would not be unexpected this time of year.

LE seems to be more of a 24/7/365 provider than a place like Chick-Fil-A, which is always closed on Sundays, no matter who wants to eat there.

MOO!

I can’t imagine the personality needed to refuse to speak to anyone! Try going just one day without speaking, then add in reporters shouting at you, a judge addressing you individually, jail guards chit chatting. Not only is he silent, he seems to have zero reaction to anything said to him. It’s quite bizarre imo.

Thank you... This leads me back to his sealed Military and/or psychiatric files being sealed.. If ANY of you know or were in Military, you know what I am NOT saying.

Missing Colorado Mom Kelsey Berreth’s Ex Charged With Murder-For-Hire Plot
The first charge states Frazee murdered Kelsey after deliberation and with intent, while the second suggests Kelsey died during the execution of a second crime. Court papers state that Frazee, and possibly another person or persons, allegedly tried to rob Kelsey before she died.

Prosecutors also allege Frazee tried to enlist someone to murder Kelsey on occasions between September and November of 2018, according to the documents.

Kelsey was killed on Thanksgiving Day, the court papers indicate, though few other details are available on what happened. Arrest affidavits in the case are sealed.

Days before Christmas, Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young told reporters that investigators believe Frazee killed Kelsey at her townhouse. Kelsey is presumed dead, though her body hasn’t been found, he said.

“Our work is just beginning,” De Young told reporters. “You will be seeing a great deal of law enforcement activity in our community in the coming days and even weeks as we continue our relentless pursuit of justice for Kelsey and her family.”

De Young said cellphone records and other data led to Frazee’s arrest, as well as multiple searches of Kelsey’s and Frazee’s homes.

Asked whether cops could soon make additional arrests, De Young replied, “That’s an absolute possibility.”
Thanks for all the hard work you do in getting us the info. PM you are a true Rockstar here on WS.

Tell the elves Happy New Year!

Do hitmen clean up after they commit murder, and dispose of the body?
If PF is capable of cleaning up, disposing the body, he would also be able to commit the murder, I would think.
His dump items probably have evidence of this.
MOO.

A traditional hit man, no. But I really don’t think he would have hired a true hit man

Gotcha. I interpreted his holiday comments to be more about the individuals that his investigators were trying to reach being unavailable over the holidays than the investigators not being available over the holidays.

It is my understanding that the investigators would always have back up personnel in place for PTO and there would be other agencies and jurisdictions available to help cover things like PTO, which would not be unexpected this time of year.

LE seems to be more of a 24/7/365 provider than a place like Chick-Fil-A, which is always closed on Sundays, no matter who wants to eat there.

MOO!
You would assume, right?! I would too.. BUT.. it kinda sounds like to me he was pulling the 'chick fil a ' route on this one, as to why this wasn't already processed...

Possibly, but I'm thinking that IF there happened to be a new love interest in Twin Falls, Idaho, that the case started to break there, first. Not saying this individual would have anything to do with the actual murder, yet was able to fill in some blanks for LE to allow the investigation to take flight. No pun intended. It just bothers me so very much that SOMEONE KNEW that he wanted her dead and they did NOTHING to prevent it. Perhaps sealing the warrant is to protect this individual because the other guys are still out there, somewhere. At this point, we don't know if PF acted entirely alone. Further arrests may be possible. Maybe they are still trying to track someone down they consider a serious threat. PF is not a threat, unless, some unscrupulous individual passes notes from him to someone else, like what happened in the Dellen Millard case where LE discovered several letters he wrote to his little "helper" when they executed a search warrant at her parents home. To this day, they do not know WHO did that, his attorney or his mother. My guess is his mother, the enabler.

I truly believe the informant is known to the accomplice/person solicited for murder, if they aren’t the same person.

Yep. And also to cause as much hurt to KB as possible.

moo

THIS (BBM). Asolutely this.
My gut says he wanted to hurt KB but my brain can only fathom two logical reasons at this point: jealousy over her success or complete dedication to her beliefs (religion). Anything else is so ridiculous but I guess if I've learned anything here on Websleuths is that in the mind of a criminal, literally anything is possible.... moo and all that jazz

Not saying that ANY murder is logical but killers always have a reason that seems logical in their minds I suppose o_O:mad:

Poor little K. My heart aches for how much she must be wanting her mama. Lord have mercy on her sweet innocent soul. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member