AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I don’t think burner phone is off topic... I think we’re all stunned how u hide a teen after parents murdered... too be honest .. if your a random Jennie-O trucker or local resident with axe to grind.. or jayme friend .. all parties using burner phone make sense..,

Only reason to think that.. if they’ve looked at all phone logs text etc of all family and POI ... burner phones make a lot of sense... turn them on day before... keep them for daily calls for jayme .. what were getting at is you don’t kill 2 people and take a 13 yr old without a trail unless u meant to ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had what they call a track phone but I have straight talk, before that I was always under a contract with a provider. Like you probably I chose to register mine and take a monthly plan online so I am sure if anyone needs to find out whose number mine is Straight Talk can provide it. Yet a person can just buy a phone card is that correct? And never register it or put in any name. Or buy one for another. I also used to think it was for like drug dealers or criminals or someone maybe having an affair that would use or want one, and that burner phones were different, buy a one time use phone and then toss it. Or keep it and keep it hidden. Am I wrong or is it basically the same thing? Like I tossed out there in another post, parents are often well behind children in these things.

ETA: Relates to the fact electronic sniffing dogs were used in the case.

There are different types of them and this article does a pretty good job of summarizing some of them and why even normal people are getting them these days.

Why you should get a burner phone number, even if you aren't a spy

I don’t think burner phone is off topic... I think we’re all stunned how u hide a teen after parents murdered... too be honest .. if your a random Jennie-O trucker or local resident with axe to grind.. or jayme friend .. all parties using burner phone make sense..,

Only reason to think that.. if they’ve looked at all phone logs text etc of all family and POI ... burner phones make a lot of sense... turn them on day before... keep them for daily calls for jayme .. what were getting at is you don’t kill 2 people and take a 13 yr old without a trail unless u meant to ..

Good point. Food for thought is they used electronic sniffing dogs AND they put surveillance on the home--so the perp(s) maybe did not have time to grab what they may have messaged a naive Jayme on and LE thought they would come back because it had info on it. That makes me hopeful. Not that it worked... So far as we know...

There are different types of them and this article does a pretty good job of summarizing some of them and why even normal people are getting them these days.

Why you should get a burner phone number, even if you aren't a spy

lol i haven't done it but i have thought of getting one to use the # just for anything that may share the number that results in all of the junk calls. there is no privacy big business has your number if you order food or shop, such a wrong reason. however, in a case like this, if it warrants, they should be able to access such things with valid legitimate cause. such a fine line. FB probably has more data on us than LE can get in a serious criminal case without just cause. just saying. and to relate this post to relevant discussion, again, it is true, there are many ways a stranger or someone that knew them can access even more information.

I generally live my daily life without a phone. However, when we travel and I am without my husband, I use a "burner"phone. I keep it year round but only put money on it once or twice a year. I don't register it. It's incredibly easy to buy and use. No ID is needed. Go into the Dollar General or Walmart,pick out a cheap one, get a $25 phone card at the same place, and load it up. That's it. Easy to get, easy to use.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Ok, so Jayme was running around town now with a pay as you go, burner phone? What’s the source for that?

They recovered her cellphone. It was charging in the kitchen. Doubt she would be charging a burner phone in plain view of her parents.

But sure, I guess anything is possible at this point.

moo.
Yeah, the authorities and Jayme's family and general information about her goings-on, personality, etc. ALL tell us Jayme was not sneaking around with a burner phone or guy, or responding to any potential perp in secret. I sure wish people would just stop speculating about that, as there is absolutely no indication she had a secret boyfriend or anything of the kind online or otherwise. Not that that would make her any less of a victim, just that there is no indication of it at all. The answer to this crime lies elsewhere. Yes, there could very well be an unknown to Jayme deranged pursuer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the authorities and Jayme's family and general information about her goings-on, personality, etc. ALL tell us Jayme was not sneaking around with a burner phone or guy, or responding to any potential perp in secret. I sure wish people would just stop speculating about that, as there is absolutely no indication she had a secret boyfriend or anything of the kind online or otherwise. Not that that would make her any less of a victim, just that there is no indication of it at all. The answer to this crime lies elsewhere. Yes, there could very well be an unknown to Jayme deranged pursuer.
As long as we are within the TOS we can speculate within reason. It's what we do here IMO. I appreciate the right for people to come to whatever opinion they believe and their right in expressing it. JMO

It's an unusual case, double homicide and abduction. Emotions run high, I understand. I think everyone of us here day in and day out for months just want to find Jayme alive and safely returned to her family.

I think most people truly want to help and this child for all we know still has a chance. I can't speak for others but that is how I feel. Not all children do. If one can see one child saved, it is worth it. With all due respect, and I mean that, with total respect, how do you know? She was 12 and turned 13 in what was it July? No matter what she would be a victim or a naive innocent to whatever the case may be. I personally think it is more likely not about her at all in any way, shape or form. Again, there were electronic sniffing dogs brought in after the fact. That is one of the few facts that is known. And surveillance was put on the property, also after the fact.

Did I miss something? Is there a reason people are surmising that James might have been at a bar earlier in the day? A cribbage tournament or darts, something he was known to participate in at a bar(s)?

I've not seen anyone suggest he might be at a bowling alley, orphanage, grocery store, car dealership, restaurant, checking on a hunting cabin, raking the lawn, etc., although based on what I've read about him, it all seems as likely or unlikely to me.

I'm going on the assumption/pure speculation that James and Denise were going to work for 7am the following morning - just based on their ages, length of time (seniority) at Jennie-O, and other indicators.

James was known to be a Packer's fan and probably enjoyed watching other football games as well. The games were over around 10:30 (his time). My husband is about the same age with similar work schedule. If his team is playing late, he might take a pre-planned vacation day the following day, but he wouldn't stay up until 10:30 (11:30 our time) for other games and he has no interest in watching games in bars with all the noise and interruptions, etc. I don't know a mature family man & football fan who does.

...but maybe I missed something?

Wisconsin. You missed Wisconsin. That is the way it is in small town Wisconsin.

I am genuinely flummoxed at why people are upset or offended by the idea of Jayme having a 'boyfriend' - BTW let me define that word in this case, given the circumstances & why I put it in quotes:

this 'boyfriend' would be an older sexual predator, pervert, pedophile who would have preyed upon her innocence, naivete and youth......

I myself get upset at what I feel is a judgment on Jayme at the possibility of said 'boyfriend'. She would be in no way a 'bad girl' or have caused this, or be culpable, guilty or anything other than a victim!

MOO

As long as we are within the TOS we can speculate within reason. It's what we do here IMO. I appreciate the right for people to come to whatever opinion they believe and their right in expressing it. JMO

It's an unusual case, double homicide and abduction. Emotions run high, I understand. I think everyone of us here day in and day out for months just want to find Jayme alive and safely returned to her family.

Yes, exactly. We have very little information to go on, so it's natural to speculate. We don't know what LE knows and isn't telling us, we don't know what LE has asked others not to share, etc. There have been some really crazy theories out there, but speculating within reason, as you said, falls in line with our TOS. (Sorry, I am agreeing with you here. Just wanted to add my two cents.)

I am genuinely flummoxed at why people are upset or offended by the idea of Jayme having a 'boyfriend' - BTW let me define that word in this case, given the circumstances & why I put it in quotes:

this 'boyfriend' would be an older sexual predator, pervert, pedophile who would have preyed upon her innocence, naivete and youth......

I myself get upset at what I feel is a judgment on Jayme at the possibility of said 'boyfriend'. She would be in no way a 'bad girl' or have caused this, or be culpable, guilty or anything other than a victim!

MOO

I, myself, am flummoxed by why people seem to be offended at the idea of Jayme having a pay-as-you-go phone. My mom bought my son one and told him not to let anyone know that he had it. That way, if something happened to him, nobody would try to take it away from him and he could try to call for help. It works simply as a back-up phone for him. We, in my immediate family, know about it but others do not. There doesn't have to be a nefarious reason behind a pay-as-you-go (burner) phone. To speculate on it certainly doesn't equate to something non-complimentary about Jayme.

MOO
Can I like this post 1000 times?! Yes ITA.

MOO

Exactly. She would be a VICTIM regardless. I do not even believe the crime was targeted at her, everyone has their own theories. Isn't the goal to hope she is found and alive? Even LE has truly seemed to close out no theories. And that is what we are to go by right?

Because as a child Jayme would think of him as a 'boyfriend' (probably he called himself that) - unaware of who he really is: but we, as adults know full well....
No one is saying that Jayme is consciously attracted to a pervert or pedophile...
is that why people are upset?
they think we are saying Jayme herself consciously 'liked' a pervert??!!??
And that is what they find offensive - the idea Jayme was a 'bad girl' and like a 'bad boy'??!!!
Eh. I don't know...MOO
At any rate: I don't think she had one anyway!

Fair enough. When either LE or MSM confirms that Jayme had a boyfriend of any type or age, then ok. I will just wait for that I guess. Same thing on any of the victims having a burner phone, or spending the day in a bar, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert