CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burglary is not taking from a home. Burglary is specifically breaking and entering into a building with the intent to commit a felony and that intent has to exist at the time you break and enter. Taking from the home or from anywhere really would be larceny or some other form of theft.
I stand corrected. My point was that robbery involves a person, not a place. ie, when someone says “my house was robbed“. I should have said robbery equals person burglary equals place

It’s interesting to me that PF, though talking about it actively did nothing until Thanksgiving when the other woman was there. If she was a woman scorned she might have played a huge part in this. Her motive would have been to have PF all to herself. MOO

How do we know Idaho nurse was in CO during Thanksgiving?

I just posted something similar.
He does not have custody or never did, right? Only physical custody, after an went missing.
The court can’t really “take” custody away, if he did not have it, IMO nor can they claim he’s a murderer, because he’s innocent. (And we can already assume the nurse is being blamed, imo).
So can perm’ custody be awarded or does the state retain it, until P is tried?

All moo

There was no determination by a court as to the child's custody, prior to this. PF had possession of his child and had automatic parental rights to make decisions about his child's care, education, health, etc., if he was on the birth certificate or otherwise signed a voluntary declaration of patnernity, until he was arrested and the state took the child into protective custody.

In a juvenile dependency case like this kids are taken away from parents/guardians and placed in state custody when there is evidence of abuse or neglect or a situation like this where the parents aren't able to care for the child.

In such a case, the court doesn't technically decide who gets "custody". They used the word in this case but it's not the same as a family law case. Instead, the court decides whether the child remains in state care while the parent takes measures to get back on track (or they decide to return the child to the parent quickly, when able), it decides who the child will live with while the case is pending (foster care or a relative or other person) and ultimately it decides (one year only in CO from what I saw), whether the child will be returned to the parent or freed for adoption.

That's it.

In the case of someone incarcerated for over a year but not yet found guilty, perhaps they could determine that there is no need to keep the case open if the incarcerated parent has made arrangements for the child's care and has asked that a guardianship case be started so that when the dependency court case closes, a third party can be granted custody while he is incarcerated.

I need to see what the state laws are like with regard to that. I mean being in jail obviously means the parent is unable to provide direct care for the child but let's say their kid was in boarding school, had a trust and relatives to care for her on holidays. Does the fact that the parents are incarcerated but not yet found guilty mean that the parental rights are severed after a year?

I don't know. I think in many states jailed parents can retain rights. Even those sentenced to prison.

There are things about the dependency case that interest me. It seems quick decisions were made to remove the baby from grandma and have the state step in.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Maybe he knew SW’s purse/phone found in the house was a key reason LE and friends suspected CW of foul play from day one.

In CO, most people (even those not planning to disappear someone) know of the colossal blunders that led to CW’s near-immediate demise. PF is doing the opposite, often to equally dopey extremes.

CW: Leave purse and phone in house
SF: Remove purse and phone

CW: Invite reporters into your home. Give televised interviews. Giggle on camera.
SF: Refuse all interviews. Snarl on camera.

CW: No lawyer.
SF: Lawyer

CW: Make numerous implausible, contradicting statements to LE. Tell unnecessary lies that can easily be proven false.
SF: Refuse to speak with LE.

CW: Claim no idea where they went or why
SF: Claim fake trip to Idaho to visit sick grandmother

As we learn more, it will be interesting to see what other CW blunders PF “avoided”.

They are both dimwits.
sorry but do you mean PF instead of SF

I'm leaning more towards PF was playing the field with Idaho Nurse while also stringing Kelsey along with promises of a future marriage as well. I think it's possible Nurse knew about Kelsey but thought she was only the mother of PF's child and nothing more. Perhaps somehow Idaho Nurse got herself invited to Thanksgiving dinner at PF's family's home. If PF saw his separate worlds about to collide with both KB and Idaho Nurse planning to come to Thanksgiving dinner he might have started making plans to get rid of KB rather than do the decent thing and break up with her.
MOO.

Did someone say the was a rodeo in September?
There were probably many rodeos all over for the 3-day end of summer Labor Day weekend. A poster found a link to the county fair & rodeo held that weekend in Pueblo, CO. But we haven't heard anything about where PF was Sept. 1.

If K has a will & is deceased (found or declared dead), & she has made provisions for her child or future children, with NO mention to P, then what? If she stated her child be raised by her mom, for example, with no mention of P, then what? I’m going on the assumption she had full custody at time a will was created. Tysm

Why would she have had full custody? I’ve never heard that she ever had full custody of the baby.

I'm sort of confused. I'm just talking about the custody case. I don't think it's related to anything else except the fact that the mother is presumed dead and father in jail and can't care for the child.

What I meant was if LE has any indication, or is still investigating anyone in his family as part of the murder either before or after, I hope that information can be brought in during the custody hearings.

Spot on. Let's say, presumably, that PF has a GF in Idaho and a "fiancée" and baby in Colorado. He's content with his unsettled-down player lifestyle. Unfortunately "Idaho" has ties to Colorado and plans to spend Thanksgiving day there. Now things get complicated. MOO

True except for the Sept-Nov when he was presumably soliciting for murder. Unless he was still in the planning stages and then he wasn't expecting his worlds to collide at thanksgiving.

I’m not sure if it was ever mentioned, but did ANYONE from PF’s family EVER publicly ask for help, attend any vigils, etc when KB was reported missing?

The mother of your granddaughter/niece is missing and you don’t care enough to either try to look for her, post missing fliers, etc BUT NOW you want visitation or custody rights?

Can a judge look at that? If they didn’t care enough to publicize that she was missing, how do you know that they would speak kindly of KB to the baby if they were to get visitation or custody rights? It’s just so strange. IMO

Thanks Gitana!

I know in my state, if incarceration is one or less year, they do retain custody & the incarcerated can appoint a guardian for that year. Which, usually ends up being 7-8 months, with good time, etc.

Also, I don’t know if PF killed K. Only that he’s been charged, presumably with evidence the nurse provided & if detailed, maybe she assisted him idk. MOO

Oh, no it is going to be long and drawn out. At least in the meantime she is with the Berreths. This will mean multiple homestudies, probably parental capacity assessments etc.

MOO, but at that age, the longer she is with the Berreths, the more likely it is that she will stay with the Berreths. I've seen it that way with friends' custody cases before. SF's case for custody is probably as strong today as it's ever likely to be. If the judge rules that l'il K remain with the Berreths while the challenge proceeds, I think that's a good sign of what the long-term outcome will ultimately be. Again, just MOO...

I think it's a question of stability for the baby. Look at the circumstances here. Since PFs arrest, no matter how loving he is toward his daughter, he's under arrest on murder charges. His mother would naturally intervene for her, however, in the world if CPS, she's too old. Ergo, his sister would intervene for the F family. I really don't see it as unusual for CPS.
They also know the baby's stability lies with the Berreths so I don't see any end to that placement nor do I see visitation for any Frazee until the case settles down. Mama B will see to that.
IMHO MOO MOO

I have a legal question. If a judge rules that the medical records of PF including psych records (visits to a therapist, psychiatrist, psychologist) do not have to be turned over to the DA, can PF's pharmacy still be subpoened? Could his pharmacy be forced to reveal his prescriptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member