CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people here are even bothering to discuss whether his mother will get custody. I realize that his mom is wasting time and money in an effort to get custody, and that legally, she has that right, and the possibility of doing so. But the chances of that happening are less than zero. No way the court will give custody to not only the mother of a killer, but a mother who is standing by and supporting her murderer son. Let her go on and defend him, but stay the F away from that innocent girl, who now has to grow up and spend her entire life with no parents, thanks to his actions.

Ok, tysm. I meant, did CB initiate custody & that’s why the baby was taken, during Ps arrest? Have I not heard of cases where a parent is arrested and minor children are left in the home with an adult?
On another note, if P was still roaming, at large, & CB had petitioned for custody, where would the baby be?
Tysm!

MOO

I know what you mean. I have heard of cases where the parents are arrested and the children are simply left with other relatives who show up. A case is opened typically and sometimes the case is kept open just until the relatives file a guardianship petition.

However, filing the guardianship petition is not what prompts CPS to take the child UNLESS abuse, neglect or other risk of harm allegations are made in the case and a report is initiated as a result and they find substance to the allegations and yank the case out of probate or family court and into dependency court.

I have heard nothing about KB's mom filing anything, however and that should be easy to check. The media would know by now. Guardianships are very open in CA and I assume also in CO. I will check.

If he remained free, the baby would remain with P unless CB could show the child was at risk or had been abused or neglected.

It sounds to me like the Judge wants more information and that will be obtained during discovery. At the same time, that doesn't really imply anything about criminal activity by other people.

It may. If the judge wanted more info as to who keeps temporary custody, then it does. If the court wants more info to determine what happens to PF's parental rights then I agree.

I can't believe people here are even bothering to discuss whether his mother will get custody. I realize that his mom is wasting time and money in an effort to get custody, and that legally, she has that right, and the possibility of doing so. But the chances of that happening are less than zero. No way the court will give custody to not only the mother of a killer, but a mother who is standing by and supporting her murderer son. Let her go on and defend him, but stay the F away from that innocent girl, who now has to grow up and spend her entire life with no parents, thanks to his actions.

They did before. Several cases.

I'm having a hard time comprehending that a professional woman (nurse), who lives 700 miles away from a love interest (maybe), would actively participate in the murder or participate in a coverup of murder of a mother. Maybe it's just me.

Text sent from KB's on November 25th
1st LE conference Dec. 10th
PF was arrested on December 21st
Twin Falls LE openly involved on the 22nd with search warrants (and may have been involved earlier, search warrants often take time).

Two most possible cases IMO-

1) the woman reported by MSM in Twin Falls was aware of the murder of KB and participated in some capacity, at least willing fully sending messages from KBs phone.

2) the woman reported by MSM in Twin Falls was not aware of the murder of KB and did not knowingly participate.
Maybe she was asked by PF to turn on a phone in Idaho outside of Twin Falls when she returned, and dispose of it. She complied as she was told it was part of some action other than murder, custody issue? PF possibly convinced her that KB was unstable and would leave at various times (the story his people have told before). Is it possible that she was blinded by emotion until it became clear what she had done. Keep in mind, before Dec. 10th, she would probably only be getting information from PF and MSM- which was inaccurate, filtered or at least much less than what we knew at WS. In addition, exposing someone to LE also has the backlash possibility of being wrong on your action- this can make people hesitate much longer than if you were reporting a stranger.

It is possible that she went to LE before PF's arrest, and that got things rolling. Possibly in the days after Dec. 10th.

OK, there are more than just two possibilities. But my possibility #2 seems to be viable, although certainly not as likely as possibility 1.

So, personally I had this case closed by December 15th- I concluded that PF acted in rage and alone on Thanksgiving, and disposed of her body that afternoon heading back to Florissant. Yeah, wrong on everything.
Now I am trying to keep an open mind, especially on things I don't quite understand. So maybe she didn't knowingly participate. I look forward to the arrest warrant and trial, the "answers to the test", so I can learn and do better next time!

Here’s some wild speculation on my part. The Idaho nurse was very involved. But she’s not going to be arrested because she ratted on PF and is cooperating with the police to convict him. That might explain the second search of KB’s house. After LE found her (the ping got them close to her home and she’s been very open with her coworkers about her affair with PF according to the daily Mail and others) she gave them enough detail about how he did it to make them go back and also enough detail to arrest him. MMO

Custody decisions are based on the best interests of a child. If the child has visited with her paternal grandmother nearly every day of her life, then, barring a history of child neglect, that child should have the right to continued visits with her paternal grandmother.

The paternal grandmother is not responsible for PF's decision to prevent visitation between the child and her maternal grandparents, so that is not her bad act.

Here’s some wild speculation on my part. The Idaho nurse was very involved. But she’s not going to be arrested because she ratted on PF and is cooperating with the police to convict him. That might explain the second search of the house. After LE found her (the ping got them close to her home and she’s been very open with her coworkers about her affair with PF according to the daily Mail and others) she gave them enough detail about how he did it to make them go back and also enough detail to arrest him. MMO

That could be. Unless she actually killed KB. They would not let her remain free if she did that.

I saw that she is the only one in this county and Division. Also likely they want the same judge to preside on both.
It depends on what "divisions" means in CO. In my city, divisions mean
the type of cases handled not the location. Two judges on the same floor
could have different divisions.

The website I posted is for Teller County and that's where the DA is saying KB's murder took place.

Here’s some wild speculation on my part. The Idaho nurse was very involved. But she’s not going to be arrested because she ratted on PF and is cooperating with the police to convict him. That might explain the second search of KB’s house. After LE found her (the ping got them close to her home and she’s been very open with her coworkers about her affair with PF according to the daily Mail and others) she gave them enough detail about how he did it to make them go back and also enough detail to arrest him. MMO
If she were involved in the murder, she would be arrested or negotiate her surrender. It would be much later that she could be sentenced to a lighter sentence for cooperating.
IMO

Last edited:
I don't see how she wouldn't be arrested! She committed a crime. If anything they told her what charges she could be facing to convince her to talk, and made some sort of deal. But I don't think she will get away with not being charged... Imo

Last edited:
It's going to be very interesting to read about the communication between IN and PF before Kelsey disappeared but most importantly after the fact. Did they maintain their normal routine or did it suddenly change? I am wondering if they both had burner phones. JMO

Has it been confirmed the nurse committed a crime?
She’s being investigated for committing a crime, but has yet to be charged with anything.

At this moment, it looks like “accessory after the fact,” as she apparently dumped Kelsey’s phone in Idaho.

Last edited:
Custody decisions are based on the best interests of a child. If the child has visited with her paternal grandmother nearly every day of her life, then, barring a history of child neglect, that child should have the right to continued visits with her paternal grandmother.

The paternal grandmother is not responsible for PF's decision to prevent visitation between the child and her maternal grandparents, so that is not her bad act.

Custody is denied to people who have visited with the child on a regular basis, routinely. That's far from the only factor in deciding what's best for the child.

That could be. Unless she actually killed KB. They would not let her remain free if she did that.

I don’t think she is the one that killed KB and I don’t think she knows where the body is, I could be wrong but I’m sticking to PF doing the killing and disposal.

I think maybe he tried to solicit her and her “nurse skills” at one point maybe, but I think she turned him down and he maybe talked her into taking the phone for that part. Purely IMO. Will be very interesting to see if PF protects her now that she has talked or just how much blame he puts on her.

Quick question for all you fabulous sleuthers..... during the hearing on Monday, did I hear Judge LBV mention another judge would be taking over or also involved sometime in January? When I get sometime, I dig back through and listen to the hearing again. I could be completely off in thinking I heard this (most likely the case) so thought I’d check with you all first! TIA

ETA: not a custody hearing.... the charges hearing... I’m in a bad internet zone so can’t pull up the date... sorry
Quoting myself since I just rewatched the hearing (it was off a YouTube video so can’t post here) but I would imagine it’s close in timing to the hearing links posted here..... @ 9 to 10 minutes in, Judge LBV mentions a Judge S (not sure if I can mention the name ,nor sure how to spell it) but she does say Judge S “assumes this position in January”...maybe someone has a WS appropriate link they can post if needed.

Not a big deal though, just something I thought I caught/heard and have wondered about and wanted to add to my notes.

Sorry to bring up what has probably already been discussed...but catch me up here. The cell phone has been located in Idaho, where this nurse lived, correct? And a text to KB's work was sent after she went missing, from Idaho? Meaning, the nurse sent the text to KB's work?

The messages were sent on the same day the phone pinged in Gooding, ID at 5:13 pm, but we don’t know what time the messages were sent.

If that was the only ping from her cell phone that day, it seems the IN may have sent them, but LE could be holding back other pings and cell phone data from the public.

The stories about the nurse only say she’s being investigated for disposing of the phone at this point.

I don’t know if the nurse was involved in the murder or not BUT it’s been reported that she was there for Thanksgiving. We have been told that’s when LE believes KB was murdered. We do know jealousy will push folks to do crazy things.

"ABC's Clayton Sandell reported that the Twin Falls woman has known Frazee for years and that the two worked together for a time in Colorado."

"The Times-News has received multiple anonymous tips that the case involves a 32-year-old registered nurse at St. Luke's Magic Valley Medical Center whose Facebook account was recently closed.
Snippped and bolded by me.

Multiple anonymous tips?! I'm guessing that locals to IN knew she was involved with PF and with the news about the cellphone ping, they suspected something? But would that be enough for "multiple" people to call in a tip?

Was she indiscreet about her involvement?

Very curious about the multiple tips received about IN.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member