CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #23 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new here and have been lurking in the background reading all your amazing thoughts, ideas and facts. You all are truly amazing. A month ago this case went silent in the national media like many do. Thank you for being here and all of the input that helps to understand a case like this. My prayers for all the innocent people involved. Can someone tell me what MSM is? I feel I have figured out the rest of the abbreviations. TIA

Welcome Babayaga.
Glad you have joined us, and we hear more from you.:):)
I know the meaning of your 'login name' and certainly hope you are not, what your name represents.
Otherwise, we'll all be frightened.

I agree - they would have taken advice on what to do- the Berreth's have been measured, patient and very reserved in their dealings to date. I reckon this would keeps the legal trail in tact in all areas of this case, (I don't really know that just speculating) maybe it brings more info to the table for them through the legal discovery process? It could help them with gaining info in retaining custody of little K. Maybe PF would be more keen to share the responsibility of the murder around because he was not the only one involved in KB's death?

I know I would be pushing every boundary to make sure that my daughter/granddaughter got the BEST outcome.

I have to think this is about getting statements and evidence in place for trial strategy to attempt to gain information on KB unless they have already determined this. The custody situation is managed until the next temporary assessment. Permanent custody I don't see being determined until after the criminal case.

Yesterday I asked if it was a crime to destroy a phone...not sure there is a real answer. Seems hard to prove what one knew or what their intentions were. I guess it can be presumed but proof of bad intent would need to proved, wouldn’t it?
Yes, and I'm sure there would be a multitude of different ways to prove it. Imo

Berreth’s parents file wrongful death suit against fiancé
The parents missing Woodland Park mom Kelsey Berreth filed a wrongful death lawsuit against her fiancé Patrick Frazee.

Attorneys for Darrell and Cheryl-Lee Berreth filed the lawsuit Friday in US District Court in Denver.

The suit is seeking an unspecified amount for the Idaho couple’s grief and suffering following the death of their 29-year-old daughter, whose body has yet to be recovered.

The lawsuit alleges Berreth was “murdered on or about November 22, 2018, at the direction and/or hand of Frazee in or about Woodland Park, Teller County, state of Colorado.”

The couple is also suing for negligence, alleging “Frazee enacted physical, mental, and emotional acts of violence upon Kelsey Berreth prior to her death, Frazee breached the duty of care with which a reasonable person should conduct himself toward another human being.”
Oh my god. This wrenches my gut. What the hell did he do to this poor girl?

The parents missing Woodland Park mom Kelsey Berreth filed a wrongful death lawsuit against her fiancé Patrick Frazee.

Attorneys for Darrell and Cheryl-Lee Berreth filed the lawsuit Friday in US District Court in Denver.

The suit is seeking an unspecified amount for the Idaho couple’s grief and suffering following the death of their 29-year-old daughter, whose body has yet to be recovered.

The lawsuit alleges Berreth was “murdered on or about November 22, 2018, at the direction and/or hand of Frazee in or about Woodland Park, Teller County, state of Colorado.”

The couple is also suing for negligence, alleging “Frazee enacted physical, mental, and emotional acts of violence upon Kelsey Berreth prior to her death, Frazee breached the duty of care with which a reasonable person should conduct himself toward another human being.”

Picture of the docs at that link:

Now I'm a believer, lol. ;)

Last edited:

Whoa! I’m guessing the ‘negligence prior to her death’ was “immediately prior”???

If not, I’m now crying if there is even more to this story....

as far as wrongful death standing in CO, it seems since there is no spouse that heirs of the deceased can bring a suit. so perhaps KB had listed either/both parent in a will?

That last paragraph is disturbing.
I wonder what evidence they have, to make such a statement.
This is horrid.:eek:
MOO.

That doesn't explain the three counts of solicitation, which would necessitate that he asked someone prior to the murder, to murder or help murder her.

True. I think he did ask for help previously, but no one would agree to help him. So he decided to go for it on Thanksgiving because it was a good day to cover things, as it was holiday weekend etc. And he'd have a friend traveling out of state to take the evidence away?

Yesterday I asked if it was a crime to destroy a phone...not sure there is a real answer. Seems hard to prove what one knew or what their intentions were. I guess it can be presumed but proof of bad intent would need to proved, wouldn’t it?
Here's the long and short of it. It's not a crime to do anything, unless you get caught and charged.
When you talk about the phone, destroying a phone isn't in and of itself a crime. If you hand me your phone to use and while I'm holding that phone I slip on the ice and it ends up getting thrown in the road just as a semi rolls by and runs over it, that's not criminal. However if you and are in an altercation, you've been sleeping with my baby daddy, we have a contentious history and I notice a semi coming down the road, reach out and swipe your phone from the table into the path of that semi, then it's a crime. It's about intent and whether or not my excuse to explain the swiping of the phone into a oncoming semi would pass a sniff test or a reasonable test.
So, is it reasonable that someone you are having relations with, who is engaged to someone else, would give you his fiance's phone on the day or day after she was murdered and ask you to take the phone to another state 800miles away and send two texts and then dispose of the phone? And is it reasonable for someone to dispose of someone's fiance's phone? That's where you prove and show intent and in that destruction of someone else's property is a crime and that that property was the property of missing woman who is now believe to be murdered, makes that intent even more suspect. There's your sniff test.

I am so totally confused, this is so the opposite of Florida and their Sunshine laws..... arg...

"prior to her death"??? How long prior to her death?

My attempt to clarify :p all the Ks :eek: . . . . who did I miss?? Feel free to add . . .
  • KB - Kelsey Berreth
  • KB - Kelsey Berreth and Patrick Frazee's daughter - "Baby K" to differentiate from her Mom (not sure if minors can be named here)
  • SK - Sam Kraemer - KOAA reporter (Colorado TV)
  • KS - Kelsey Souto - KMVT reporter (Idaho TV)
***There are a few others recently named in MSM, but we can not name them here yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member