CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who weren't sitting down to any Thanksgiving dinners that day!
I sure would like to know what time KKL went to the Sonic and if she was at Thanksgiving dinner with PF at the ranchette. I also want to know if his family knew about her. I was imagining that he brought KKL to the ranchette, introduced her to the family, and had dinner as though everything was somewhat normal, then went back to clean up his mess later. Maybe what really happened was radically different. If she has family in CO, maybe she had Thanksgiving dinner with them and met up with PF later in the weekend. Or maybe she helped with more than phone disposal. So many possibilities. MOO

LE could research her router and see if PF's device was logged in at any point since her disappearance. IMO, if he spent nights there, he would have her WIFI password connected to her router. Unless he chose "forget this network" to have his phone not remember her wifi automatically, it would then automatically connect his device when he went there...AND the router has a history log.
Might be able to tell as well when KB's phone was taken from house too. Possibly. MOO

Yes. This was one of the main reasons people believed from the time it hit the news that something was terrible wrong and KB did not disappear willingly. Who would ever text their job, especially at a very professional place of business?!
Nobody at my place of business would do that. We *might* send an email for a sick day.

KK is woman with two small children, I believe, and a career

She risks losing EVERYTHING, including her freedom, if she does not cooperate with LE. Accessory to murder, or conspiracy to murder, will make sure she NEVER participates in any rodeo, or Thanksgiving Day dinners, or Christmas, or kids birthday parties.

I think she has cooperated fully, but there is still someone else out there that needs to be investigated.

KRDO.com | 24/7 live streaming news and weather coverage for Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Cañon City, Woodland Park and all of Colorado. - KRDO

you can click back and watch the 10:00pm news. They talk about KK. Sonic confirms they have CC receipts/footage that place KK in woodland park on Nov 22nd. They also talk about her nursing license and how she got in some nursing trouble in the state of Colorado.

Not sure if this has been talked about in the thread, my bad if it has.

Edit: sorry i rewatched it says nov 24th, not 22nd.

Well I can't seem to figure out how to play the one you are talking about. but, just going on this if it's confirmed she was in Woodland Park on the 24th.. I wonder if it's possible she really had no idea and he put KB's phone in her car or hid it somewhere in her car without her knowing so she would take it back to ID with her and the phone would "ping" in ID.. then he remotely was able to send those texts giving himself more time?

Nobody at my place of business would do that. We *might* send an email for a sick day.
So very true! An email makes more sense but is still not protocol for most places. A family member did use email after an injury took her down requiring surgery etc. In that job, it was easier to catch the boss by email rather than phone but most jobs I have worked at prefer phone calls or in-person especially for a week or more. Did he (they) not have access to her computer? Or was this just not thought out well?

I just looked up the time frame on results of DNA testing in different States. No forensic crime lab in CO? Unless I missed it? Nearest would be ID and the turnaround time is 45-60 days. I'm guessing they would have used ID as WA has a much longer wait for results.
Interesting. Any thoughts?
FORENSIC TESTING TURNAROUND TIMES IN 50 STATES
I know the CBI used The Northern Colorado Regional Forensic Laboratory for some of it's testing in the Watts case. I seem to remember articles stating that there was testing (this case) being done in Idaho, though. I'll have a look.
MOO

I assumed that is because whoever sent the messages had access to her phone and texts, but not email.

My phone has an email app as well as the texting app so if a person gains access they could use either. The only difference would be needing to use data or a wifi connection to send the email. If a person didn't want to set off any red flags it would be in their best interest to view my existing sent messages and emails to see how I interacted in the past, so maybe there already was a conversation chain with her employer via text. Very risky if not. MOO.

In reading on some of the reasons for 'murders' I came across
a study some dude in L.A. did and he said there were only 3
reasons that motivated people to murder:
-Financial Greed
- Sexual or Relational-Lust
- Pursuit of Power (Control)

take your choice here.
I’m going with Pat: Pursuit of Power (Control)

Edited to changed Pete to Pat. Sorry, I was watching Sneaky Pete last night. Lol

Last edited:
I just looked up the time frame on results of DNA testing in different States. No forensic crime lab in CO? Unless I missed it? Nearest would be ID and the turnaround time is 45-60 days. I'm guessing they would have used ID as WA has a much longer wait for results.

That is a 2010 article. I think with advancements in DNA testing, and with priority to time sensitive cases, it can now be done in under half a day.

Very hypothetical thought...
MAYBE PF took another woman with him to pick up the baby. He went in to get the baby. Kelsey (not liking that an unknown woman was in the truck) said something to him about it, and he flew into a rage. Some guys kill when they feel confronted, and since he wanted her dead it was an easy leap for him. I'm not sure how all this fits in with the premeditated part, but I'm throwing it out there, anyways.
Seems like a previous commenter ^above^ mentioned this type scenario a while back. I'm starting to consider it.

Except the solicitation charges indicate the killing was pre-planned. Not a rage attack.

On another note, there was debate that went on an on last thread about whether KB walked to the store. I'm not sure how that's relevant. But the high that day was 50. Low was 26. Breezy and cloudy.

No evidence she had a stroller that she left outside.

She didn't walk/jog to the store that day.

Also, the following was asked and I had my answer saved when the thread was closed:

Interesting. I had no idea this can be done before the trial is over.

It can be done but he can't be forced to answer anything that would incriminate himself. So usually people wait until the criminal case is over.

i guess if this wrongful death action is allowed to proceed before any criminal trial takes place that PF would be compelled to answer questions during the discovery phase. that in itself would present an interesting situation as far as if any of that info would be available to prosecutors in the criminal case.

He wouldn't be compelled to answer ANY questions that could be used against him in a criminal trial. That's a violation of the fifth amendment to the constitution.

They've been saying this forever about the long turnaround, BUT
I've followed cases that they've rushed the results back much,
much faster. I wonder if having FBI involved put the cases ahead.

@susiQ, here's what I found.

Dec 22, 2018
Possible evidence in Kelsey Berreth investigation found in Idaho
Federal agents and local law enforcement officials in Twin Falls, Idaho, have served several search warrants and “processed some items of evidence” related to the disappearance of Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth, Twin Falls police said in a statement.

Dec 23, 2018
Evidence in case of missing Colorado mom discovered: Police
"Detectives from the Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office and Twin Falls Police Department worked with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations [CBI] and the FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants as well as processing some items of evidence with the assistance of Twin Falls County and Twin Falls City Evidence Technicians," the police department's statement reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member