AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the pool area in a resort hotel. There’s a bunch of places like that up there. My guess is Wisconsin Dells area. I don’t know why that particular attire tho. 13 year old girls fashions are outside of my wheelhouse. :)

Dance recital costume

When L.e took the bed and other items, they may not have determined the progress into the house of the perp as yet. May have noticed something odd about it, or it tested positive for body fluids. So they took it. A lot of stuff is taken from crime scenes that turns out to have no value, just like items collected during searches.

By the time LE announced they believed Jayme to be home during the crimes, they would have ruled out her being anyplace else. How many places could a 13-yr old be in the middle of the night, without someone still alive knowing about it? They surely knew by the next day that she could not have been anywhere else. Thus, that was at least part of their conclusion, imo.

When L.e took the bed and other items, they may not have determined the progress into the house of the perp as yet. May have noticed something odd about it, or it tested positive for body fluids. So they took it. A lot of stuff is taken from crime scenes that turns out to have no value, just like items collected during searches.

By the time LE announced they believed Jayme to be home during the crimes, they would have ruled out her being anyplace else. How many places could a 13-yr old be in the middle of the night, without someone still alive knowing about it? They surely knew by the next day that she could not have been anywhere else. Thus, that was at least part of their conclusion, imo.

I understand that evidenced gathered and removed for testing may have no evidentiary value in fact. We also do not know the full thought process and evidenced found in what is the developing process of solving a crime.

What if someone close / known to Jayme and her family had gathered Jayme prior to the murders?

Lots of theories have been hashed and rehashed here even if one (me) has not read all the posts (I've been following since thread #2 but have maybe read 40% of WS posts). I tried to take a different look, one with few "moving parts". Someone believes Jayme is being molested, true in fact or not, and "rescues" Jayme, to remedy and avenge the molestation. Jayme is kept hidden to date.

I understand that evidenced gathered and removed for testing may have no evidentiary value in fact. We also do not know the full thought process and evidenced found in what is the developing process of solving a crime.

What if someone close / known to Jayme and her family had gathered Jayme prior to the murders?

Lots of theories have been hashed and rehashed here even if one (me) has not read all the posts (I've been following since thread #2 but have maybe read 40% of WS posts). I tried to take a different look, one with few "moving parts". Someone believes Jayme is being molested, true in fact or not, and "rescues" Jayme, to remedy and avenge the molestation. Jayme is kept hidden to date.

I think maybe LE believes Jayme must have made the call...perhaps depending upon body temperatures, i.e how long James and Denise had been deceased...temp starts dropping at once I believe. Anyway...they believe she was there...and part of the belief is due to the call. That is all we know.

I think maybe LE believes Jayme must have made the call...perhaps depending upon body temperatures, i.e how long James and Denise had been deceased...temp starts dropping at once I believe. Anyway...they believe she was there...and part of the belief is due to the call. That is all we know.
Then why did they not know about her for two+ hours?
ETA: There are just too many inconsistencies in this story and this is one of them. JMO

LE has stated that they believe that Jayme was there but maybe they are wrong or perhaps even muddying their own understanding for public consumption to game the perp(s)?

Forpsy makes a good observation that LE did not claim to know about Jayme for the first two hours after the murders.

LE may just be wrong or misleading about whether Jayme was present; I state this as in the realm of possibility from what we do know as fact and the absence of evidence that we know of at WS.

That's the one. It's really hard to tell (so far) what is going on in the background.

On a side note, when I see pictures like this one of Jayme, it really boggles my mind that they used that first pic on the Amber Alert. It was just a terrible photo.
Agree.
That first picture makes her look not evil but perhaps complicit?
ETA Even complicit isn't the right word. Y'all just ignore me.

Last edited:
Was Jayme's voice on the 911 call confirmed, or was that a rumor?

Yeah that's a bs thing. People keep throwing that one in there. It has never been confirmed. Not even suggested. And LE has said that even after FBI enhancement of the 911 call, no intelligible words were heard. Just multi voices yelling over each other, as if muffled or from a distance. The thing about "help" being heard was bs that started up on one of those facebook sights and migrated last month on Reddit and now onto this board.

That all depends on whether or not the parents had designated someone to be her guardian in the event of their deaths. As close as she was to her aunt, it wouldn't surprise me if they had. JMO
Somewhere, about a mile back in these threads, is information that shows the girl does have a court-appointed guardian ad litem. That lawyer specifically acts as her representative.

Somewhere, about a mile back in these threads, is information that shows the girl does have a court-appointed guardian ad litem. That lawyer specifically acts as her representative.

There is the same GAL appointed in the probate cases. I would assume that is to look out for her interests, at least financially to be sure.

Ok, next question: Do we know if anyone ever searched the vehicles assumed to belong to either James or Denise Closs?

Well, I think that's a safe assumption. They've searched every inch of that house and vehicles by now. But I recall seeing a picture far back in these threads of James' truck in the driveway, with the driver's side door open and forensics vehicle and other police stuff in the yard.

Ok, next question: Do we know if anyone ever searched the vehicles assumed to belong to either James or Denise Closs?[/Q]

one would assume so but as with everything, we have no way of knowing.

i do not know how that happened, it looks as though my comment was part of yours. my typo probably.

Well, I think that's a safe assumption. They've searched every inch of that house and vehicles by now. But I recall seeing a picture far back in these threads of James' truck in the driveway, with the driver's side door open and forensics vehicle and other police stuff in the yard.
I agree it is a safe assumption but I just wondered if it had ever been spoken of or pictured?

I agree it is a safe assumption but I just wondered if it had ever been spoken of or pictured?

I agree with the above comments that the only pic known of was the one of Jim's truck and I thought I saw both doors open. I do not think it has ever been talked about in any interview, article or press conference that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221