Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that people are sometimes put on the register for trivial reasons, such as teenagers mutually sexting. If half the population gets on the register for one reason or another, and the register doesn't specify the reason, it isn't going to help anyone identify those whom we do have good reason to fear, if only we knew it.

The proposal - as I have heard it to be - is photo, name, age, postcode of all adult offenders. No-one under 18 years of age.

BBM
Only high risk offenders? How does one become a high risk offender...pretty sure they don't start off as 'high risk'.
I would agree there are a large number living in our streets etc...but what deterrents are there currently? I think the thought you could be arrested and outed on a sex offenders register would be some deterrent. I agree it is not a perfect system but I have yet to see anyone propose one that is better.

I actually don't know why we are so limited. Why can't we do many/most of the things that Peter Dutton and Hetty Johnson and Derryn Hinch have proposed?

- Why are we paying our public servants so much, when child protection programs are so desperately needed? (eg: Chief Coroner 1/3 of a million dollars per year, High Court judge about 1/2 million dollars per year, District Court & Supreme Court judges 1/3 million dollars per year ... I mean, seriously, let's get a little outrageous with the salaries, hey.)
- Why is there not a mandatory subject of "Personal Safety" in all primary schools, at every year, every level? If our children don't know what to do and are harmed, what damage will that do to them and their future education and earnings?
- Why do we have a national referendum on gay marriage, but not one on should we have a Sex Offender Registry?

I could go on and on, but I won't. <sigh>

RSBM

Maybe he is right up there with Spedding. We are not aware of all of the 5 suspects names, only Spedding's ... due to the helpful description given of him in the articles about the 5 suspects.

Having said that, I still think that Spedding is likely to be the perp ... I will never believe that he is being used as a diversionary tactic. The police would not subject a person to over 4 years of this type of public attention, just as a diversion. imo

but police havent really used him as a diversion, its mostly msm who have, and they havent stopped them from talking about him, i just wonder if theyre quite happy to let that happen so it takes the heat off someone else?

but police havent really used him as a diversion, its mostly msm who have, and they havent stopped them from talking about him, i just wonder if theyre quite happy to let that happen so it takes the heat off someone else?

Yes, they haven't really stopped them, have they?
It would be very irresponsible of police not to do that if Spedding wasn't a POI of a very high ranking. imo

I agree, police haven't used him as a diversion, in any way.

Why Australia should not have a public register of child sex offenders
https://www.smh.com.au/national/why...r-of-child-sex-offenders-20190109-p50qcy.html

Stuff like this makes me angry.

A registry is for the good of the entire general population. There can be limitations applied to who goes on there. Because the US has not tweaked their version does not mean that we can't learn from their mistakes.

It does not mean we should scrap the whole idea of a public sex offender registry.
We are not little robots who need to follow in their footsteps ... mistakes and all.

Last edited:
Yes, they haven't really stopped them, have they?
It would be very irresponsible of police not to do that if Spedding wasn't a POI of a very high ranking. imo

I agree, police haven't used him as a diversion, in any way.
I think they would have a lot to answer for if they were letting that happen. I think it is possible though, they would be happy for MSM to keep up the pressure on him to get him to spill the beans on someone else though.

I disagree , a 17 year old isn’t at adult but very capable of committing the same acts
Gotta start somewhere, & if we have to include all the sexting by teens, then that wouldn’t be fair. If a teen has been charged with child sex offences... then that could be included, but is sexting a child sexual offence? Gotta draw the line somewhere I suppose

I’m using Cowan as an example of progression IYKWIM.

Who else do we know that has injured a child severely.

Like Cowan who left the child for dead, could William’s abductor left William for dead....somewhere deeper in the bush that he wasn’t heard, found or died of his injuries?

I hope whatever happened to him was at least over quickly, the thought that it is possible he was left for dead out there after an assault is just horrible

Gotta start somewhere, & if we have to include all the sexting by teens, then that wouldn’t be fair. If a teen has been charged with child sex offences... then that could be included, but is sexting a child sexual offence? Gotta draw the line somewhere I suppose
I think it’s valid for sexting to be prosecuted as a child sexual offence if one party is much older than the other, or one is under the age of 16 years and the other is an adult (over the age of 18 years), or is a person in authority over the other; such as a teacher, sports coach, etc, and the other is a child up to, and including, the age of 17 years.

I know exactly what you mean.

There have been a few child predators over the years but I’m not going to post their names, etc. They have enough notoriety and their crimes are too distressing.

I also wondered if William may have been left/handed over at the site near Batar Creek and Cedar Loggers Roads or his remains moved from there by his abductor, hence the reason for the ‘impromptu’ search of the area in June last year?

I wish we were privy to the reasoning behind that search, maybe a neighbor/local came forward with information during the Benaroon Drive search.

Did we ever get confirmation of exactly where William’s mother was during the time he went missing, I have read/heard the “inside making a tea” story but also that she was sitting with her mother at the time.
I believe in the FF 100% & my heart goes out to them, but I believe the FM may have lost track of time a bit & William was out of site for longer than five minutes, I just can’t see someone stumbling across him, making the decision to take him, & then exiting quietly all in that short timeframe.

I agree the sexting blurs the lines but a minor under the age of 18 not considered an adult is still very capable of committing crimes against minors as to what and adult is.

The teens at school get told ( in cyber education ) that by sending a nude photo or something along the lines of that could land them on the sexual offenders list. I think it’s more of a scare tactic and wonder if they actually do that or not or it’s just a deterrent . I think it gets through to most but obviously not all are that smart. Anyway I think it’s a different crime to what we are talking about so I won’t harp on about it .

I wish we were privy to the reasoning behind that search, maybe a neighbor/local came forward with information during the Benaroon Drive search.

Did we ever get confirmation of exactly where William’s mother was during the time he went missing, I have read/heard the “inside making a tea” story but also that she was sitting with her mother at the time.
I believe in the FF 100% & my heart goes out to them, but I believe the FM may have lost track of time a bit & William was out of site for longer than five minutes, I just can’t see someone stumbling across him, making the decision to take him, & then exiting quietly all in that short timeframe.
Maybe they did. Stranger things have happened.

You might be right about the time period being longer. It would be hard to pinpoint to the minute how long a child had been out of your sight.

It doesn’t take long to snatch a child. A while ago I posted a video that was filmed in a pub carpark which showed a woman leaving her daughter alone in her car for less than 5 minutes. In that time a man attempted to abduct the girl but, thankfully, he was disturbed and the abduction was unsuccessful. It does happen.

ETA:

Man charged over attempted abduction of eight-year-old girl outside Queensland hotel

Last edited:
The police more than likely would have requested more than one statement.

The 1st one in Sept 2014 when the process when washing machine repair was underway due to his contact with GM and the phone calls on Friday 12th.

Then later in year around December when the alleged historic events were discovered. And I believe they were discovered after Spedding's van was allegedly photographed on 18 Sept 2014 when he returned to complete repair. Then the photo was allegedly published as discussed in WS with no link provided. Then someone made contact with police re historic alleged events.

Then police discovered link with DCI Jubelin's involvement in investigating the previous alleged historic events. Then he took over the investigation of William's disappearance in Jan 2015. Then he interviewed Spedding and I believe a further statement would have been taken. Then legal processes were commenced regarding alleged historic events in Vic and NSW.

Spedding's name and connection did not become prominent in the media until quite a time after Williams disappearance.

very interesting timeline shows someone was trying their darndest to implicate and I am not alluding to DCI Jubelin.
or someone was trying to make police aware as they had suspected
And there are plenty of articles out there saying that they had coffee before the school assembly.
The bank statement is said to show that the card was used at the cafe around 10am,Im wondering if they paid for the coffee on arrival or as they were leaving.
imo i see it as..school 9am..coffee at 10 and william went missing at 10.30 is that how it is ? im confused sorry..and if so i guess williams grandmas house was phoned before 9am

.......I just can’t see someone stumbling across him, making the decision to take him, & then exiting quietly all in that short timeframe.

90 seconds, that's all it takes.
Include the impulsive decision ... a minute longer?

Gone in 90 seconds: Chilling abduction experiment
Several different young children used for this experiment.

(Brewing time for a cup of tea is said to be no less than 2 minutes, and that is after the kettle has been boiled.)

Last edited:

Didn't police say the search last year was to assist the coroner and to rule something out, rather than to look for something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80