Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the amazing news on my local channel! And I'm crying in front of my computer right now. Thank you Jesus! My heart breaks that Jayme knows her parents are gone. But what a brave young lady to not only survive this long,but now escape. I pray that she will have nothing but love and happiness the rest of her life.

Bravo Sheriff Fitzgerald!!

I am so glad this good man will not spend the rest of his days tortured by thoughts of what he could or should have done. Or thinking everyday ‘where is Jayme?’

No more posting ‘WHERE IS JAYME?’ -
SHES HOME!!!!!!!

Barron County Sheriff's Department
2 hrs ·
Jayme Closs has been located

On Thursday evening the Barron County Sheriff’s Department was notified by the Douglas CO WI Sheriff’s Department that they had located Jayme Closs alive.

Shortly after this a suspect was taken into custody in regards to this case. We do not any other details at this time as this is a very fluid and active investigation. We will not be answering any questions or taking calls on this tonight.

We are planning a press briefing approximately 10 am tomorrow at the Sheriff’s Department in Barron. We are receiving support from the FBI and WI DCI agents as this investigation continues.

We want to thank the Douglas Co Sheriff’s Department and agencies assisting them tonight. We also want to thank all the Law Enforcement agencies across the state and county that have assisted us in this case. We also could not have endured this case without the support of the public and I want to thank them for all the support and help.

Finally we want to especially thank the family for their support and patience while this case was ongoing. We promised to bring Jayme home and tonight we get to fulfill that promise. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!

This case has been very trying on the family so please respect their privacy and we reunite them later tonight.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Jmo it won’t be easy keeping J’s name “secret”with a double murder trial ahead, at the very least. I know WS usually tries, with minors, but not sure that will work in this case.
We are on thread 33 unless Tricia has some superb scrubber program I don’t think initials will work on a go forward basis IMO - I think we all have come to care deeply for Jayme and her family and Mollie hence their first name use on WS -but that will be Tricia’s call -I’m so happy she’s safe

“Found Alive” was the last thing I expected to see today — miracles like this are what keeps us all going! So very happy for Jayme and her family...I hope they find joy and comfort in each other, and that justice is served. Such happy news to end up a long day!

He had said that Jayme and the 21 yr old were found together.

So, like I said, I think we have to be very careful because any information flowing right now can be incorrect - including what Paul Blume said.

As the Sheriff says, if it doesn't come from him ...

Jayme was reportedly "found" 4:43pm & the suspect was "taken into custody" 4:54pm. Blume could possibly be correct IMO.

Count me among the jaw-dropped and elated!! Simply cannot believe she is safe. She will need equal or greater strength in the days ahead, but the precious joy of life, her remaining family and pupper! Sending this tough little girl lots of strength and prayers for healing.

The Sheriff allegedly told Paul Blume that he is 100 percent that others are involved.

Would not be surprised AT ALL.

Early on, some WS'ers speculated she was being held in a dwelling relatively close to where she was taken. Hats off to those who thought this was so.

Can't wait for the details . . .

thinBlueLineHeart.jpg

(Image purchased by me with license from Bigstockphoto)

Last edited:
no way! your mom instincts would have kicked in FOR SURE! remember when you were a new mom and ANY baby crying would make 'things' happen to your upper torso? That instinct to nurture the innocent doesn't go away. never underestimate your inner Mama Bear!

So so true! I’d just want to get to somewhere I knew a bad guy wasn’t going to find us! That had to be so scary!!

I haven’t been on WS in a while. My Mother has been in the ICU for the last week and passed away earlier today. She and my father had a cabin near Barron, WI and shared Jayme’s missing posts several times. I know she felt strongly about finding Jayme. She and my Father spent a lot of time in the Barron area and I’ve posted pictures of us traveling to their cabin and passing the exit to the town.

While I’m overcome with sadness, I am so happy that she was found. That’s something that would make my Mom very happy. Rest In Peace Mommy - blessings to the Closs family and may Jayme find healing and comfort with her loved ones.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Mum.
It is lovely to read your last paragraph, about Jayme, knowing the sadness now in your heart.
I hope with time, you will be feeling better.
Having these great Barron experiences, with your parents must help in your recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24