MSNBC to Imus: You're FIRED!

that's some strange logic. if you go around calling your daughter/mother/sister a '' and a 'ho' all the time (for example)... then there is something seriously wrong.

Why do you assume all Blacks walk around calling their Sisters, girlfriends, etc "ho's"?
THEY DONT/
Imus went way over the line, imagine if YOUR daughter had been on that team, alot of people listened to his show, how would YOU have felt with them being singled out like that?
This is about hat Imus said, why drag blacks, etc into it? Do you think what he said was alright? I DONT and I dont think most decent people would, I find it highly obnoxious and offensive, like him.
Black people HAD to listen to this kind of put downs for many years, they shouldnt have to anymore.
Howard Stern was let go, its about time these people start setting an example of whats right and wrong to say or there will be no end to how bad things get.

Howard Stern was let go, its about time these people start setting an example of whats right and wrong to say or there will be no end to how bad things get.

Howard Stern quit.

i was waiting for that. *sigh*... of course, i have to e-x-p-l-a-i-n myself again.. saying "no, of course not ALL of them do"... but OBVIOUSLY, an EXTRAORDINARY amount of them do.. as we all hear, in the music, in the videos, in movies, on TV, in print, and in the street! and thenyou have the white, hispanic,, etc kids emulating them too, trying to act all 'thuggy'.
don't get mad at ME, get mad at THEM for talking to each other that way and engaging in such hypocrisy.

obviously (repeating myself again here) there are many intelligent, educated, sensible, evolved blacks who act like normal human beings and DON'T talk this way. but there are FAR too many of the opposite kind, who DO talk this way. and THOSE are the ones we are talking about here (duh). THEY are the ones who are a problem. and don't tell me that it's an 'art form'.... that's BS!

obviously (repeating myself again here) there are many intelligent, educated, sensible, evolved blacks who act like normal human beings and DON'T talk this way. but there are FAR too many of the opposite kind, who DO talk this way. and THOSE are the ones we are talking about here (duh). THEY are the ones who are a problem. and don't tell me that it's an 'art form'.... that's BS!

That was one of Chris Rock's skits...

"There's black people...and there's n*****s. I LOVE black people, but boy do I HATE n*****s."

That was one of Chris Rock's skits...

"There's black people...and there's n*****s. I LOVE black people, but boy do I HATE n*****s."

Yes, and in the context of his act, it was perfectly clear what he was saying. So what?

Actually,Chris Rock regretted saying that and more---That was from Chris Rock's BRING THE PAIN HBO special about 1997--The special itself overall was a classic and propelled Chris Rock to stardom--It was probably the funniest comedy hour HBO has ever shown in their 30 year history--Most of it was OJ stuff---but getting back to Paladin's quote,Chris Rock said shortly after the special aired he dropped that line and others,saying it wasn't right

Yes, and in the context of his act, it was perfectly clear what he was saying. So what?

Without putting words in Reb's mouth, that sort of was the impression that I was getting.

GOOD!! as he shouldn't. if people want complete freedom of speech.. they can't have it both ways.

GOOD!! as he shouldn't. if people want complete freedom of speech.. they can't have it both ways.

Nobody wants "complete" freedom of speech.

But Imus has a contract and has every right to sue to enforce it.

Much as I dislike what he said on the air, I can't believe CBS was actually surprised.

are you kidding?? the rappers and their supporters are always demanding 'complete' freedom fo speech.. but then they abuse it and often use it for the most low-brow purposes.. you know, anything goes,,, hey, it's our 'voice'.. it's 'ART'... etc. but when imus uses HIS freedom of speech to say something that is a reflection of what THEY say... WHOOOAAAA... all of a sudden-- that doesn't count!! they wanna censor him... he gets beaten down and bullied into apologizing, and whoever was in charge of him got bullied and pressured into firing him. what were they going to do if he didn't get fired, start rioting in the streets?? it seems that this option is always a moment away, and it seems whites are always acting under the threat of that.

are you kidding?? the rappers and their supporters are always demanding 'complete' freedom fo speech.. but then they abuse it and often use it for the most low-brow purposes.. you know, anything goes,,, hey, it's our 'voice'.. it's 'ART'... etc. but when imus uses HIS freedom of speech to say something that is a reflection of what THEY say... WHOOOAAAA... all of a sudden-- that doesn't count!! they wanna censor him... he gets beaten down and bullied into apologizing, and whoever was in charge of him got bullied and pressured into firing him. what were they going to do if he didn't get fired, start rioting in the streets?? it seems that this option is always a moment away, and it seems whites are always acting under the threat of that.

I realize this is hard for you to understand, reb, but there is no "they." African American rap artists and their reps did not call for Imus to be fired. Two who did call for the firing -- Jackson and Sharpton -- both agreed that the use of similar language in African American music was indeed a problem.

Black Americans don't all attend the same meetings, nor do all black Americans think alike, no more than European Americans. There is no "they" there.

Evolved? From what? Losing our tails? What are other races evolved from?

Nobody wants "complete" freedom of speech.

But Imus has a contract and has every right to sue to enforce it.

Much as I dislike what he said on the air, I can't believe CBS was actually surprised.

Really? Because from the past everyone seems to cry "1st amendment" when something is said that upsets others and they get away with it.

I haven't read this whole thread, but I want to put my vote in for Imus to get his FAIR due from CBS. Oh, I don't agree with what he said, it was appalling, IMHO, but a contract is a contract. CBS had him BECAUSE of his controversial style and sometimes..........obnoxious statements.

Breach of contract, for sure!

JMHO and my :twocents:
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member