Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Why all the venom aimed at LE for this press conference? No they didn't solve this case, but neither did the websleuths community or anyone else for that matter! Don't they have the right to be elated just like the rest of us? They've been working round the clock for months, and have a lot more work to successfully bring this case to prosecution. Patterson has zero criminal record, and has been concealing his identity. Many crimes take a lucky break to be solved, as they mentioned. LE did apprehend the suspect in his car after Jayme escaped without incident, well done LE!

Let's just be happy this has a positive outcome!

Someone here did, but of course the post was removed. Thus proving that some rules here should be lifted in certain cases, I say it all the time because it's true.

Live updates: Missing teen Jayme Closs found alive - CNN
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said Jayme Closs was kept in a "home in a remote area" of Douglas County, Wisconsin.

"There isn't a lot of houses in that area," he said.

The sheriff added that the suspect concealed her while she was in the home.

Fitzgerald did not give more details about the dwelling.
So perhaps he had a room within a room? to conceal her? if this is the same house that neighbors reported people coming and going - how else would they not know she was there?

i wonder why we went from more suspects/arrests likely last night to none now.

i pride myself on reading all posts before commenting generally but i have given up trying to keep up, much less catch up on posts lol.

i read 25 or more pages this morning before the press conference and i can't remember how many last night :)

i hope this creepy thing ROTS. and i hope they do not miss anyone that may have been involved or knew (if indeed anyone did).

I'm curious how JP was supporting himself? It takes money to keep the electricity on, to buy food, gas for the car, etc. How does someone with no job afford to live?

One article mentioned he siphoned gas as a teenager from a neighbor. With almost nobody living there he could have hunted/trapped food, had a wood stove, etc. Left as little as possible - she would have escaped earlier if she could have!

Questions:

Where's his family? Who are his parents? He's only 21 yet lives alone in a house in a remote area and is unemployed. Who owns the house?

How was he able to hold her captive for 88 days? Did he restrain her at night when he slept so she couldn't escape?
What changed so she was able to finally get out of that house?

Many other questions, of course.

L
I want to know what was proactive.
Just guessing - the gun he used couldn’t be traced back to him. Probably prepared the cabin ahead of time to be soundproof, and some method of restraint. The way they say she was targeted, it sounds like he decided he was going to kidnap a young girl and so he got the place ready first, then I guess went to another town and drove around til he picked a target. Maybe drove thru the streets after school let out to see who was playing out in yards. Picked her out, cased the house to determine her parents were the only other dwellers there. Did the deed, took her straight to the cabin, didn’t let her see the outside for 3 months. No criminal record so he wasn’t worried about leaving DNA at crime scene. JMO

This is almost an unsolvable crime. Which is why I dropped off the thread a month ago. There was no evidence. There was no family or friend conflicts. No romantic other. No electronic evidence. No bad players.

It's almost like a complete stranger pulled up to the house in the middle of the night, guns blazing, took Jamie, and was gone in minutes. A stranger who is off the radar with a house to keep a captive. And who preplanned everything.

And that is what happened.

There are not many ways this gets solved. Basic police work has little chance.

Maybe somebody phones in a tip about a loner with a house. Maybe the perp slips up and gets arrested.

Or maybe Jamie solves the unsolvable crime herself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member