Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he is safe in the Barron County Jail right there in Barron, WI.

Just saying he might not find it really comfortable, hard to say.... While Barron has its perps, it does not have double murderers...

As soon as they said he took steps to conceal himself my first thought was I bet he scrubbed and deleted all SM presence. JMO.

It's just my opinion, but that would raise serious red flags for me if a 21y.o. friend or family member suddenly scrubbed all of their SM presence. Maybe the profilers can add that to the list of potential behaviors to look for in this type case??

Cases like this give many of us hope that other missing child cases, like the 30 year old Lauren Jackson case here in PA (I could use some additional eyes on that case), could have a positive ending. I pray Jamie recovers from her ordeal and lives a happy and productive life.

News about Jayme Closs on Twitter
Today's front page comes from the @journalsentinel in #Milwakee, #Wisconsin with the good news that #JaymeCloss was found alive.

DwpV-TiUcAIpoN0.jpg

Made an account as I've been a very long time lurker but this case really is something special.
I watched the presser, you can just feel the emotion from everyone involved. I expect the next one to be a bit more professional with more credit given to Jayme. Awesome news!
Welcome to Websleuths, Captainhenry! :)

I don’t remember this much trashing of LE during press conferences after the Cleveland girls rescued themselves, after Elizabeth Smart was found by a tipster on the street, or after Jaycee Dugard was spotted on the UCB campus.

These guys worked this HARD. They are a small county and are likely in absolute shock right now. They are well aware that Jayme rescued herself. They’re not trying to take credit. But there’s no reason for the sheriff NOT to thank all the outside agencies and the public who helped. Kind of bewildering that so many take offense to this.

Welcome home, Jayme.

It's just my opinion, but that would raise serious red flags for me if a 21y.o. friend or family member suddenly scrubbed all of their SM presence. Maybe the profilers can add that to the list of potential behaviors to look for in this type case??

He does not look like many people would notice if he vanished off the internet.

What is the connection to Barron County I wonder?
not high school according to this:
Neighbor DR said Patterson's parents moved to the home about 15 years ago and that Jake and his brother were raised there and attended high school at Northwood School in Minong.

Suspect arrested in Jayme Closs case identified as Jake Patterson was hiding in the home he grew up in

You know, maybe it may have made no difference but back in the early days there was someone on the official site that kept remarking that they should be checking cabins in the Minong, Trego, Gordon area, etc. or be searching up there. It likely would not have made a difference but I guess because of where this ended up being, it comes to mind now...

I'm so glad Jayme was able to describe the vehicle. Who knows how far he would have got, or how long it would have taken to find him. It does make me wonder though how she was able to identify the vehicle. Was that the vehicle he abducted her with? Did she see it sitting in the driveway? Did he drive her around in it at all the last 3 months? Typically, I wouldn't peg a 13 year old girl to be able to give good vehicle descriptions, but I'm thankful she was able to give a good enough description that they could catch him!

according to the news it was a house he grew up in the
Couple of people thought it was local druggie that did this and Jayme was the robbery target.. looks like there correct... just off by 60 miles...

Don’t know that perp was druggie but if you live in crap house in middle of woods 60 miles from most logical employment.. this is bizarre... and if he did this and wasn’t taking drugs ... this is just him... like Ted bunny....that’s scary af. How did these afford house and go to work and keep her prisoner... stunning..
parents moved and him and his brother stayed at that house..I also read he had no prior criminal al history which makes this even stranger

You know, maybe it may have made no difference but back in the early days there was someone on the official site that kept remarking that they should be checking cabins in the Minong, Trego, Gordon area, etc. or be searching up there. It likely would not have made a difference but I guess because of where this ended up being, it comes to mind now...
Yes, I recall that poster very well.

I would assume LE has scrubbed most of it. Or he just stayed on underground sites, which is what I'm thinking by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew