Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have HLN on in the background. They just interviewed Ed Smart, and before that the dog walker lady and the neighbors she took Jayme to. A social worker and a school teacher? Other than happening on a cop driving by, you really couldn't hope for better people to run into. Kudos to all of them. And the teacher had creep-o as a student!

And the husband of the social worker is a retired cop!

Just came back from running errands and it brought me up short to remember that I now have to find Jayme’s thread in the Located Forum. How wonderful that is! I know she has a very hard road ahead but she is found and it’s a miracle. I hope she finds strength in knowing that she saved herself and now she will be the one deliver justice for her parents.

Imo.

I am so surprised that after what Jayme was through that she would have the courage to run out of that house into the woods and speak with and go with a stranger.

Thank goodness her trust in people has not been destroyed.

I do wonder how he fed himself and bought gas for his car.

There are no welfare benefits for single men.

I bet he thinks he is brilliant and was following the news thinking of how brilliant he is.

He probably is lazy and let his guard down when Jayme escaped.

It sounds like she is smart and well adjusted probably because of all of the love she received. She may have convinced him she was trustworthy and he being smug and arrogant believed her.

I wonder what he has been doing the years since high school graduation, if he did graduate

she knew her parents were gone, yet she did not give up. she has that life spark in her. I think she will over come, it will take time I am sure and there may always be a little something that sparks the memory of the last three months. she isn't a quitter that's for sure or she wouldn't have saved herself.

So happy to find out this morning on the radio Jayme was found alive!

Sure would like to know where Patterson first saw JC and what in the world led him to kill James and Denise.
I think it was some fantasy he had in his head. My guess is he saw Jayme in some public setting, she may have walked past him and smiled or did something that caught his attention. From then on, he it was all a fantasy in his head. We may even find he had been following them and Denise or James had noticed him and given him a look to back off. But I'm guessing it was all very subtle and Patterson made a fantasy in his head that she wanted to be with him, but her parents were keeping them apart. If he had just wanted her, he could've taken her at any time but he killed her parents because to him they were the obstacle.
We had a similar situation here with a young girl who passed by someone at the mall, he dropped something and she picked it up and smiled at him as she passed it back to him. He became fixated on her because he took that simple action as attraction or interest on her part.

I'm super curious how he knew she lived there. He didn't live in the neighborhood - how did he know he could break in late at night, kill two adults, and take a teen girl? That doesn't seem random.

jmo

edited to correct typo
Remember that Joseph Duncan spotted Shasta and Dylan Groene playing outside from Interstate 90, and then, AFAIR, he studied the family for some days.

I'm super curious how he knew she lived there. He didn't live in the neighborhood - how did he know he could break in late at night, kill two adults, and take a teen girl? That doesn't seem random.

jmo

edited to correct typo

Didn't the sheriff say the guy had some ties to the barron area?

I don't understand why so many people are convinced that he had to have known the family or had some contact with them before he killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her. Joseph Duncan didn't know the Groene family before he killed them and kidnapped Shasta and her brother. Also Jaycee Dugards kidnapper drove 150 miles from his home to find a girl to kidnap.

Duncan was a serial killer and Dugard was taken off the street, IIRC. I tend to think he may have watched them at some point, but I don't know the case nearly as well as others here. Just doesn't seem random on its face.

One thing I'd like to point out . Someone in the prior thread sort of mentioned this, but I don't know how to quote a closed thread. We can't KNOW that the Closs family had not had previous interaction with the perp. The two adults are dead, and cannot ever tell us whether they had, or had not, met or known of JP.
Extended family would not necessarily know all their acquaintances. How do I know this?? Because I know, and know of, MANY people who my brothers, sisters, aunts , uncles. grown children etc have no knowledge of whatsoever, and I actually come from a pretty tightly-knit family.
Adults have their own lives, work-place friends , hobby friends, etc etc who do not intersect with the lives of their entire family. I could probably name over 100 names right now of friends who I know through a hobby, that not one person in my family knows the name of, except for my spouse. (And in this case BOTH spouses are dead, and can shine no light on this. Which might be the EXACT reason they ARE dead. Maybe JP knew that one of them would realize the connection and blow the whole thing. It would explain why he didn't take her while Mom and Dad were at work, but instead waited to do something far more dangerous, which is risk being caught to take them "out".

jmo

edited to correct typo

IMO, crimes like this are rarely truly random. They may seem random to us, the outside viewer, but the perpetrator has usually thought about the crime and right victim for some time before acting. Depending on the social media footprint of Jayme and her family and information about her on other sites, such as her dance group, he could have learned quite a lot about her without ever leaving the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa