Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m. When deputies arrived, they found two deceased adults. Jayme Closs, 13, is considered "missing and endangered." Jayme is described as 5' tall, 100 pounds and has green eyes and blond or strawberry blond hair.

2 dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Jayme%20Closs_1539605722558.jpg_6224138_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29

Thread #30
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

ABSOLUTELY NO MORE OFF TOPIC STORIES! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JAYME. FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR OFF TOPIC STORY TO A PRIVATE CONVERSATION. IF ANYONE POSTS THEIR PERSONAL OFF TOPIC STORY WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC TIMEOUT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone- As this is a very active discussion, please make every effort to stay on-topic, victim friendly, and courteous to your fellow posters. If you are posting information as fact, posting a picture, etc. include a link to your source. If you see a post which violates TOS, report the post and do not respond to it. Thank you and carry on :)

Hey Everyone,

Such great news!!!

The story is coming together about the man who kidnapped Jayme and killed her parents but we still have many missing pieces.

IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE SUMMARIZE IN A POST WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

I am traveling and won't be able to use my laptop until I reach my destination.

Please remember no sleuthing other family members

Please do not put up maps that show the neighbor' addresses and please do not post anyone's name that isn't connected to the case.

Some posters are getting snarky.

Please take a break if you find yourself getting too angry.

More later

Take care

Tricia

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Such great news!!!

The story is coming together about the man who kidnapped Jayme and killed her parents but we still have many missing pieces.

IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE SUMMERIZE IN A POST WHAT WE KNOWN SO FAR I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Please do not put up maps that show the neighbor' addresses and please do not post anyone's name that isn't connected to the case.

More later

Take care

Tricia

Well said.

I had forgotten ,until I just saw a post in the last thread, that Jayme's Auntie used to watch her after school every day as she was growing up. And they had a very close relationship. Remembering that makes me feel happy for both of them, that they can comfort each other now, and try to heal from this horrible tragedy. I am so glad for Jayme that she has a supportive family and can snuggle with her doggie by the fire tonight, with a hot chocolate, and feel safe and warm and loved.

Quote brought over from previous thead:
I think you are spot on! Mollie and their bond will be 2 aspects of her former life that Jayme can take with her into the unknown of this life she now has. She'll be able to sit with Mollie and draw comfort without having to say a word.

What a kind and perceptive comment to make, GoBuckeyes. Molly is a living, loving gift she received from her parents and they're gone yet Mollie is still here, thank goodness. I am so worried when I hear the word "celebration" used in relation to Jayme. Whatever else was done to her and experienced by her; she has been in mourning for her parents for 3 months, yet not fully able to grieve properly for them due to her own terror and situation. Also, being the suspect's primary target, she may have survivor's guilt to deal with. I hope her homecoming is low key and private and with counseling being made available, if necessary, throughout the process. Of course many want to celebrate and rightfully so but I think Jayme may want to just feel relief in her new found safety and security with loved ones for awhile.

Hey Everyone,

Such great news!!!

IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE SUMMERIZE IN A POST WHAT WE KNOWN SO FAR I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

More later

Take care

Tricia

Did some digging. This house is owned by a Patterson and is three doors down from a home owned by a Kristin Kasinskas:

Google Maps

I'm not sure if this is allowed since it's a link to a map, but I wanted to bring this to your attention just in case.
jmo

Still have HLN on in the background. They just interviewed Ed Smart, and before that the dog walker lady and the neighbors she took Jayme to. A social worker and a school teacher? Other than happening on a cop driving by, you really couldn't hope for better people to run into. Kudos to all of them. And the teacher had creep-o as a student!

So happy to find out this morning on the radio Jayme was found alive!

Sure would like to know where Patterson first saw JC and what in the world led him to kill James and Denise.

Has there been any mention about how this guy came to know of Jayme and where she lived? I know many of us speculated that he may have seen her getting on or off the bus or somewhere out in the community. I wonder if he scoped out the house and the neighborhood prior to the crime.
I haven't had a chance to catch up since last night, but I did see some of the PC and some conversation about it.
I just wondered if I missed any details about how he knew her. Imo

I don't understand why so many people are convinced that he had to have known the family or had some contact with them before he killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her. Joseph Duncan didn't know the Groene family before he killed them and kidnapped Shasta and her brother. Also Jaycee Dugards kidnapper drove 150 miles from his home to find a girl to kidnap.

Has there been any mention about how this guy came to know of Jayme and where she lived? I know many of us speculated that he may have seen her getting on or off the bus or somewhere out in the community. I wonder if he scoped out the house and the neighborhood prior to the crime.
I haven't had a chance to catch up since last night, but I did see some of the PC and some conversation about it.
I just wondered if I missed any details about how he knew her. Imo

Not yet.. hopefully more will be disclosed at 16:00 presser

I am currently on a cruise and therefore have not been getting much news on the cruiseline's limited stations. I had not checked WS since Wednesday. Imagine my elation at seeing an announcement this morning on Fox news that Jayme had been found and a presser was coming soon! I had really lost almost all hope that she would be found alive. I am so, so grateful that she is still with us.

I don't understand why so many people are convinced that he had to have known the family or had some contact with them before he killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her. Joseph Duncan didn't know the Groene family before he killed them and kidnapped Shasta and her brother. Also Jaycee Dugards kidnapper drove 150 miles from his home to find a girl to kidnap.
I'm super curious how he knew she lived there. He didn't live in the neighborhood - how did he know he could break in late at night, kill two adults, and take a teen girl? That doesn't seem random.

jmo

edited to correct typo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads