Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up, to this article, in Australia.
Perhaps the same in other areas, throughout the world.

Jayme Closs is found alive: 13-year-old who has been missing since her parents were murdered in their Wisconsin home in October is rescued, as a suspect is taken into police custody
Jessa Schroeder
16 hrs ago
Jayme Closs was abducted from her home in Barron, Wisconsin on October 15, the same day the teenager's parents, James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, were found shot dead inside.

The Barron County Sheriff’s Department confirmed Thursday evening that Closs has been located in Douglas County, and a suspect arrested in connection to her disappearance.

The department, which was first notified by the Douglas County Sheriff's Department of the information, declined to release further details at this time.

'We do not any other details at this time as this is a very fluid and active investigation... we will not be answering any questions or taking calls on this tonight,' the statement said.

'We want to thank the Douglas Co Sheriff’s Department and agencies assisting them tonight.
BBS5CNJ.img

Last edited:
I am so surprised that after what Jayme was through that she would have the courage to run out of that house into the woods and speak with and go with a stranger.

Thank goodness her trust in people has not been destroyed.

I do wonder how he fed himself and bought gas for his car.

There are no welfare benefits for single men.

I bet he thinks he is brilliant and was following the news thinking of how brilliant he is.

He probably is lazy and let his guard down when Jayme escaped.

It sounds like she is smart and well adjusted probably because of all of the love she received. She may have convinced him she was trustworthy and he being smug and arrogant believed her.

I wonder what he has been doing the years since high school graduation, if he did graduate
Single men CAN get food stamps, maybe $160-180. month.
For welfare, he'd have to be deemed disabled.

good point. and if the Sheriff is saying he planned this with storing up food, then the brother had to have known about it too. Did I see where the brother was also arrested?

The brother has NOT been arrested. The only MSM mention of the brother was in an interview with a neighbour who said brother has moved away.

I apologize to anyone who has responded to me that I have not acknowledged. I have hardly made comments but have many unread notifications since late yesterday and cannot keep up with how fast the new pages are moving. I love the reason it is so busy, a child is ALIVE :)

I wonder if he lived or stayed in Barron County when he did this, or worked there. To me, the location is still odd of the home he picked UNLESS he had some connection. Not that the Closses knew him necessarily but he knew of her or them. I mean think about it, he lives in Gordon?? He could go an hour in a few directions, a half hour, etc. and have far more in the middle of nowhere homes that are not on a State Highway just minutes from two LE agencies and a town.

And as far as stalking if you live in Gordon, you don't exactly just wander more than an hour down to Barron park on Hwy 8 with binoculars and watch the home and bedtimes, etc.

He either still had a lot of uncanny luck, house layout, knowledge of no cameras, no guard dogs, surprise attack, getting past LE, Jayme was home, etc. or since we have been told this seems to be quite planned out, just how??

I am so happy she is alive, that is all that matters!

The brain though is starting to say there is still something more to this. And maybe it relates to whatever his connection to Barron County is? I have no idea, just speculating...

Holy, there is not a chance in h3ll that I can keep up with this thread. I read something and post and it's already increased by 2 more pages. I read a page of posts and then it's increased by 8 more pages. Ugh!

So forgive me if I have obviously missed any discussion about this, but I found it surprising that the sheriff said with confidence that JC had left the crimescene by foot, and then immediately went on to say that the suspect has several vehicles which they are checking out. Sheriff was also confident previously that JC had been present during the murders, and also that JC had not been injured.

Did we understand that the tracking dogs used in the beginning were unable to find any scent?

If JC fled the crimescene by foot, how did the suspect end up getting hold of her, and without police being aware? If police had shown up within what, 4 or 6 minutes(????), but Jayme had fled on foot.. I guess I'm a bit lost here.

I am so surprised that after what Jayme was through that she would have the courage to run out of that house into the woods and speak with and go with a stranger.

Thank goodness her trust in people has not been destroyed.

I do wonder how he fed himself and bought gas for his car.

There are no welfare benefits for single men.

I bet he thinks he is brilliant and was following the news thinking of how brilliant he is.

He probably is lazy and let his guard down when Jayme escaped.

It sounds like she is smart and well adjusted probably because of all of the love she received. She may have convinced him she was trustworthy and he being smug and arrogant believed her.

I wonder what he has been doing the years since high school graduation, if he did graduate

He could have been eligible for Social Security benefits, would be interesting to know.

Holy, there is not a chance in h3ll that I can keep up with this thread. I read something and post and it's already increased by 2 more pages. I read a page of posts and then it's increased by 8 more pages. Ugh!

So forgive me if I have obviously missed any discussion about this, but I found it surprising that the sheriff said with confidence that JC had left the crimescene by foot, and then immediately went on to say that the suspect has several vehicles which they are checking out. Sheriff was also confident previously that JC had been present during the murders, and also that JC had not been injured.

Did we understand that the tracking dogs used in the beginning were unable to find any scent?

If JC fled the crimescene by foot, how did the suspect end up getting hold of her, and without police being aware? If police had shown up within what, 4 or 6 minutes(????), but Jayme had fled on foot.. I guess I'm a bit lost here.

He must have had a vehicle parked nearby so even if the dogs tracked part of the way, the scent would have vanished when she was in a vehicle.

I don't think it was random to the man arrested, I doubt he blindly went well this is the 10th mailbox so I think this will be the one. likely he did have knowledge of what home he was going to and some sort of plan. random to everyone else I think likely.

She fled her captor's house on foot. We don't know yet how she left the crime scene (her house).

I’ve read that his parents moved from the house she was kept at and left the house to him and his brother. I would say that it points to having some money. He could very well be a trust fund kid of some sort. Doesn’t have to work because his parents give him everything including a good allowance.

IMO, crimes like this are rarely truly random. They may seem random to us, the outside viewer, but the perpetrator has usually thought about the crime and right victim for some time before acting. Depending on the social media footprint of Jayme and her family and information about her on other sites, such as her dance group, he could have learned quite a lot about her without ever leaving the house.

I think this can be where we run into issues with different people having different definition of things.

For example, I would call it a random crime if the victim does not know the perpetrator. (Doesn't mean that the perp hasn't done research on the victim.)

I know others would say it is only random if both the victim and perp have no idea who each other are.

I've also seen scholarly works stating there is no such thing as random crime, period.

Sheriff said there was a tie to Barron. Just because he is unemployed now doesn't mean he didn't work at some point, maybe he had a job there. Also there could be a family member that lives there or a gym he went to. He looks like he has worked out, maybe a wantabe lawman or something angry at the world. He is def out of his mind to do such a thing. I do believe Jayme caught his eye somehow, somewhere through his tie to Barron. He for sure did his homework, knew how many in the family, type of dog etc I still believe it was a shotgun that maybe his dad had at the cabin. Going out and buying a gun may cause an eyebrow to be raised after the fact and he seemed to smart for that. This is JMO .....and I wonder if he could have worked at Jenny O just a thought.

The dogs brought in tracked her scent only to the end of the driveway where Jayme got on and off the school bus.

Maybe that was the strongest scent of her leaving her house.

In the Laci Peterson case, it was claimed that scent dogs tracked her to the marina where her body was eventually found, but I always thought that was a bit of a stretch.

Let me watch the PC again but I took it to mean she left the house she was held in on foot when she escaped. But I could be totally off base here. I’ll watch it again now.

I’ve read that his parents moved from the house she was kept at and left the house to him and his brother. I would say that it points to having some money. He could very well be a trust fund kid of some sort. Doesn’t have to work because his parents give him everything including a good allowance.

Jeffrey Dahmer's parents moved out of the house and left him behind when he was 18 years old.

They picked up the suspect last night at about 5 PM central. Not long after that they probably had an entire cyber force looking at his background and any connection to the victims. Once they get everything they need from the search warrants, they’ll start on the rest.

They have mentioned that he was very methodical in everything he did. I don’t see a reason why that wouldn’t carry over to the victim choice, kidnapping, and captivity.

I could definitely see sometime like that looking for a young girl (complete stranger) to stalk without letting anyone know what he was doing. He looks a bit smug in his mug shot, although that could just be my interpretation, but successfully completing this ‘operation’ may have been a challenge to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus