Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------
Bolded by me.....

If this case goes to trial I am sure Jake's defense team will find a great psychiatric/psychological expert witness that will testify that Jake suffers from every mental disorder under the sun to somehow mitigate his culpability and garner sympathy. His family will most likely testify as to possible physical or verbal abuse suffered by the hands of divorcing parents and so on in an attempt to defend Jake's murderous and kidnapping actions weather true or not ...just to humanize this abhorrent creature. But, given little is known of Jake's family at this point I could be wrong. They may just say "lock him up" and they will be done with him. I can only imagine what is going through his parents or siblings minds at this time. I would not want to be walking in his family's shoes. But, maybe he will plead guilty and spare everyone the agony of a trial. At the end of the day, and at this point in time, Jake is nothing more than a heartless premeditated murderer who robbed a young girl of her family and innocence. IMO, there is no excuse whatsoever for that.
I agree with you 100% If you killed somebody, you killed them no matter what ever mental disorder you have. Sure, it could have been a factor, but there is no excuse for taking the life of an innocent person.

Great Lakes Renewable Energy in Hayward.

My question is: How do you go through the entire process of getting hired, and quit in one day?

He may have worked only one actual workday at these places, but certainly it took more than one day to go through the interview and hiring process.

Not sure it it matters, but...
Still catching up. His sketchy employment history reeks of sociopathy at the very least.
ETA: I see others have mentioned this already, sorry for the redundant post. Reading as fast as I can!

Last edited:
----------
Bolded by me.....

If this case goes to trial I am sure Jake's defense team will find a great psychiatric/psychological expert witness that will testify that Jake suffers from every mental disorder under the sun to somehow mitigate his culpability and garner sympathy. His family will most likely testify as to possible physical or verbal abuse suffered by the hands of divorcing parents and so on in an attempt to defend Jake's murderous and kidnapping actions weather true or not ...just to humanize this abhorrent creature. But, given little is known of Jake's family at this point I could be wrong. They may just say "lock him up" and they will be done with him. I can only imagine what is going through his parents or siblings minds at this time. I would not want to be walking in his family's shoes. But, maybe he will plead guilty and spare everyone the agony of a trial. At the end of the day, and at this point in time, Jake is nothing more than a heartless premeditated murderer who robbed a young girl of her family and innocence. IMO, there is no excuse whatsoever for that.
It won’t matter. He clearly knew right from wrong, and made efforts to hide his involvement in this.

No one will feel bad for him, especially when they compare him to Jayme.

A monster on one side.

The picture of innocence on the other.

Thank you..Im and just looking at the county site and the GIS info , perhaps they are a bit behind ?

I can only speak for my county and area, but I’ve personally had them be 3 months behind sometimes. Usually they update within a month, but they can have significant delays, especially foreclosures. My other hobby other than Websleuths is watching foreclosures, somehow they interest me. Anyway, so yes, I’ve seen many foreclosures have a great deal of delay. Same for short sales.

So glad the Social Worker was where she was at the right time. I always taught my kids to go to a “mom” (female) if they couldn’t find me and had an emergency. Glad Jayme found her “mom.” May not be 100% fool proof, but safer than other options. The gods were aligned yesterday for Jayme.

Finally, I guess we have a lot of posters up on their knowledge of urban slang....Never heard of incel..I’m officially old. But I used to be cool.
That night was the first time I prayed in awhile, (I kept Jayme's story in my heart, obviously) and I would say last night is a true testimony to that!

If he did assault her all this time...he needs to be charged for it at some point, so he is also identified as a predatory sex offender of the highest level. To keep others safer, even in prison,and to make sure he never gets out. Everyone needs to know who the disgusting slime are who do this. Jmo

Please take note of this, all of you who want to continue to insinuate she must have known him or been involved with him in some way. No way a teenager these days has a relationship that leaves no digital footprint.
Yep. The very beginning of this entire thread has a section that I believe is noted as crime scene. In there, it's noted that JC's cell phone was found plugged in and charging.

For some reason the property record isn’t matching another database I am looking at. The property record still shows his name, but the deed shows a bank. I’m guessing the property record may not update that frequently. I know my county sometimes has a few months delay in the update. Oddly enough the deed changed right around when the murders and kidnapping happened.

Thank you for finding that!

I’m starting to wonder if JP’s father didn’t even know he was living/staying there...

You can use discord with an email. However, didn't LE comb over all phones?
Yes,you're right, they did.

Even if the scenario I'd suggested was a means to lure Jayme... wouldn't LE have been able to rescue her in much less time, by following the IP address ?
Not blaming LE -- just seems like she could've been found earlier.
This perp doesn't strike me as a savvy and experienced criminal. Imo.

But if there was no 'friend' that had messaged her online or whatever ---- how did the perp know where she lived and even that she existed at all ?
That leads me back to thinking he was hanging out at school events or any place Jayme was in public (school track meets, etc.)

Last edited:
I agree with you 100% If you killed somebody, you killed them no matter what ever mental disorder you have. Sure, it could have been a factor, but there is no excuse for taking the life of an innocent person.
Mentally disabled, psychopathically challenged, or just a plain dirtbag, he deserves to be put away somewhere and never see the light of day again.

Still so very relieved and happy to see her reunited with family and her pup.

Looking at the size of the house, I wonder if he had her restrained in the basement and when people came over, basically threatened her with her life if she made any noise. Also, we don't know if this guy had (m)any friends who would have stopped by anyhow. And for things like holidays, if he did have any plans, he may have gone to other people's houses, rather than have people over to his place.

I have been thinking about how he did this--shooting through the door, murdering two people to take her. I am wondering if he had been watching/stalking her for quite a while--perhaps months. Maybe he initially wanted to try and abduct her elsewhere while she was alone, but maybe she just was hardly ever alone. Perhaps she went from school to dance to a bus, all with other individuals. She was too young to drive, so it's not like she ever could just run an errand on her own. Perhaps after watching so long, he came to the conclusion she was never by herself out in public and it was riskier than doing what he did. MOO

No, I don't think that is why he killed her parents. If he was watching to catch her alone, he probably could have grabbed her at the bus stop or broken into the house when she was alone, or at least when James wasn't there. He killed them to terrorize Jayme. MOO.

I described a similar scenario a couple months ago.

I doubt that now, because this attack seems to have been planned for a length of time.

He certainly was aware of her, but I don’t think that’s how it happened.

ETA: This is what I said then:

“I’m a drug using criminal with a history of sexual deviance. I have a gun in my vehicle.

I encounter Jayme and her mother at some point during the day of the attack. I want Jayme.

I follow them home, and discover to my delight, that the house is relatively secluded.

I leave, get something to eat, and perhaps use drugs or alcohol.

I engage the house late that night, when I know the family will be sleeping. I kill the parents, and kidnap Jayme.”
So how is he prepared with food and necessities for the long haul?

Yes,you're right, they did.

Even if the scenario I'd suggested was a means to lure Jayme... wouldn't LE have been able to rescue her in much less time, by following the IP address ?
Not blaming LE -- just seems like she could've been found earlier.
This perp doesn't strike me a savvy and experienced. Imo.

But if there was no 'friend' that had messaged her online or whatever ---- how did the perp know where she lived and even that she existed at all ?
That leads me back to thinking he was hanging out at school events or any place Jayme was in public (school track meets, etc.)
I agree with you on the perp being internet-dumb lol

I just can't get my head around how brazen he was in his approach to use a shotgun to get in house... Nothing stealth about that quite rage filled.. Yet he managed to get her out and concealed in such a short time..

Makes me think he has prior knowledge to layout of house and maybe watched them to know work patterns...

I don't understand why so many people are convinced that he had to have known the family or had some contact with them before he killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her. Joseph Duncan didn't know the Groene family before he killed them and kidnapped Shasta and her brother. Also Jaycee Dugards kidnapper drove 150 miles from his home to find a girl to kidnap.

A common trait of many serial killers is their constant driving, roaming around while looking for the right opportunity to grab a victim. They memorize roads and routes, look for secluded streets and homes, places where they can grab someone and quickly escape unnoticed. Considering this killer was unemployed, he probably spent many hours trolling around the region looking for opportunities. For some, maybe part of the thrill is the hunt. He may have seen Jayme out in her yard, getting off the bus, then returned to stalk her and her family. Stranger abductions reduce the chances of being identified by witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member