CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #29 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, not at all related to this case...but I just wanted to say, I just had the BEST dinner (at home) with wine, and Moose Tracks ice cream, with friends.

Life is good, no matter what the horrid news is, we should take a moment to appreciate the good in life. :)

Edited to fix typos due to wine. Ha!

Lol. I just downed a pint of chocolate HaagenDazs (justified by the fact that I only had broccoli for dinner).

We know that lawyers always tell their clients to keep their mouths shut and he appears to have heeded that crucial advice. While I think he's a party to this crime, even if not, he should shut up. It's up to the state to prove their accusations. That seems like law 101, to me.
Which makes me wonder why the R’s won’t shut up... they aren’t very smart, are they?
I’ve been mad since I read they said - PF said “KB was crazy and might hurt the baby.”
Every man that ever called a woman crazy was cheating on her and she suspected it and was accusing him of it.
Which makes me wonder if that wasn’t the real motive? KB found out and intended to pack up the baby and move. She was strong and independent and I don’t think she’d stay just for childcare and certainly not a job or that house - she had family - she had people who loved and adored her in Washington! Who would want their daughter raised by someone who treated women the way PF obviously does?
Sorry y’all I’m feeling emotional about this tonight ... I have a daughter ... strong personality - she wouldn’t hesitate to leave someone like PF behind and move on ...
I just can’t imagine the KB’s family heartbreak

I thought the welfare check was 11/25- not?

Not according to the timeline released by the Woodland Park police (and the Pressers):
48080922_2132040970391781_1666882184876654592_n.jpg

Woodland Park Police Department

"Dec 2-- Kelsey's mother, C asked WPPD to conduct a welfare check on Kelsey at her residence."

Whoa! Krystal created a private FB group to discuss the missing Kelsey Berreth, BEFORE it was publicly announced that Kelsey was missing? Do I have that right? And, why would some chic in Idaho, who would have no known connection to Kelsey (friendship, etc) be creating a private FB group about some girl, Kelsey, whom she did not know?

WOW.

Is there an archive anywhere of this FB group's posts? Maybe reddit or 4chan?
Sorry - I wasn't clear enough that it is only a theory. Our own supersleuth Jethro could not locate any FB about KB missing back Nov 25 - but there are thousands of inaccessible private FB groups. PR says she saw the missing person report on FB Nov 26. It's all just THEORY on my part.

Why would PF report KB went to Grandmother's house ? That part of his yapping has bothered me, is there a connection?
Isn't the whole point that Grandma was in a NURSING HOME?
Did she even still own a home?
This could point to KB and he not being very close and him not being aware of the status of KB's Grandmother.
Moo

The R’s sound like a FB gossip group gone LIVE. They should be embarrassed. An Attorney sharing 3rd person hearsay in this manner is just a sad show of poor character and a very questionable professional skillset.

You're not mixed up. LE said the cell phone pinged in Idaho the same day as the welfare check:

"The same day officers conducted the welfare check, Berreth’s cell phone was pinged near Gooding at 5:13 p.m – over 800 miles from her home in Colorado. Steve Van Dinter, a Verizon spokesman, tells EastIdahoNews.com that the ping would be accurate within a mile of the location coordinates."

New information released on case of missing mother whose phone was last pinged in Idaho | East Idaho News
Yep, I read that article and it clearly says a "welfare check." For some reason, some choose not to believe it because it wasn't mentioned at the first press conference which instead focused on the date CB filed a missing person report and LE actually entered KB's home. In a welfare check, LE do not enter the home if there is no answer to the door and the door is not unlocked.

But it makes perfect sense that CB asked for the welfare check on Nov. 25 --and PF hastily contacted KK so she would send the text messages and LE would back off--which is EXACTLY what happened.

What we still do not know is if CB or LE spoke to PF on Nov. 25 and learned PF had the baby. I think one of them did and there was nothing more CB could do at that time because KB was an adult.

JMO

That's sure what it seems to say to me as well. The appearance is that they knew a woman was murdered and all they did was sternly tell their employee to tell her friend she better go to the cops. Then they simply took their employee's word for it that her friend said she did and she had a new phone number now. :eek:o_O

How can they even go on National Tv and talk about this. Once some real reporters start figuring things out and asking hard questions they are going to be mincemeat.

How could you leave the Berreth family hanging, when you knew on Nov 26 KB was dead. How could you potentially leave the baby in danger?

More importantly- they either believed that PF did it or KK. And KK was terrified of PF, in their eyes, weren't they worried from Nov 26 on that KK could be killed or their employee or even themselves since they all knew. Wouldn't be hard for PF to find out.

Its very hard to believe they thought KK was terrified of PF if they didn't report what they would have thought was a murder on NOv 26.

Noooooooooo, do you think that's a real possibility? I can't even get my head around this. I'm gonna need a minute to process this woah.

This is very clear with details:
"On November 26th, Michelle came to Patty and said 'that person, she's missing, she's also a pilot.' Patty realized she had also seen a Facebook post about a missing Colorado mom that sounded familiar. She delivered an ultimatum for her employee Michelle to pass along to Krystal."

Part Two: Twin Falls couple discusses tough call to FBI

Police have been clear all along. The media has sucked. The one and only welfare check request came on 12/2 per LE and was done on that day. Why would her brother have waited until December to go to her home if the welfare check had been on 11/25? It did not happen.
The brother lives in Tacoma, WA. He flew there.

I agree 100 percent.

But what about all the media that then started around it- Dec 12 (i think). What then? why wait til dec 17 to report. Because they realized they messed up big time and were trying to figure out how to dig themselves out of the hole?

And why do this interview so we all know? It might have gotten buried in all the other info that will come out and no one would have noticed.

When we speculated this happened it didn't seem realistic or real. But now that it is. I don't get this. i don't get BFF. I dont' get the R's. I really don't get KK or PF. It is beyond comprehension
I don't get it either. If their goal was to remove any doubts about their actions they certainly have opened themselves up to a great deal of public scrutiny.

Do you mean KB was missing? Or had KK gone AWOL by the 26th? It's getting confusing.

The BFF told the R's on Nov 26th that KB was missing, not awol. Since they knew there was a plot to kill her (from their employee) they had to think she was dead on Nov 26 or alive but in danger and they did nothing until dec 17

"On November 26th, Michelle came to Patty and said 'that person, she's missing, she's also a pilot.' Patty realized she had also seen a Facebook post about a missing Colorado mom that sounded familiar. She delivered an ultimatum for her employee Michelle to pass along to Krystal."

Part Two: Twin Falls couple discusses tough call to FBI

Yep, I read that article and it clearly says a "welfare check." For some reason, some choose not to believe it because it wasn't mentioned at the first press conference which instead focused on the date CB filed a missing person report and LE actually entered KB's home. In a welfare check, LE do not enter the home if there is no answer to the door and the door is not unlocked.

But it makes perfect sense that CB asked for the welfare check on Nov. 25 --and PF hastily contacted KK so she would send the text messages and LE would back off--which is EXACTLY what happened.

What we still do not know is if CB or LE spoke to PF on Nov. 25 and learned PF had the baby. I think one of them did and there was nothing more CB could do at that time because KB was an adult.

JMO
This makes a whole lot more sense, doesn’t it?

A lot of us were perplexed that CB was seemingly unaware of her daughter’s disappearance until over a week had passed.

She wasn’t.

I don't get it either. If their goal was to remove any doubts about their actions they certainly have opened themselves up to a great deal of public scrutiny.

And it just occurred to me, they might have also thought she could still be alive, captive, but in danger on Nov 26 and they did nothing until Dec 17.

Inhumane.

Which makes me wonder why the R’s won’t shut up... they aren’t very smart, are they?
I’ve been mad since I read they said - PF said “KB was crazy and might hurt the baby.”
Every man that ever called a woman crazy was cheating on her and she suspected it and was accusing him of it.
Which makes me wonder if that wasn’t the real motive? KB found out and intended to pack up the baby and move. She was strong and independent and I don’t think she’d stay just for childcare and certainly not a job or that house - she had family - she had people who loved and adored her in Washington! Who would want their daughter raised by someone who treated women the way PF obviously does?
Sorry y’all I’m feeling emotional about this tonight ... I have a daughter ... strong personality - she wouldn’t hesitate to leave someone like PF behind and move on ...
I just can’t imagine the KB’s family heartbreak

FWIW I believe that was exactly the motive here. To keep her from moving home (or elsewhere some distance) with the baby. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306