Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all who aided her by taking her in and calling 911 were not full-time residents. JN told the press she had come up late Thursday for the weekend and walked Henry (her dog) when she arrived. The K's also said they were there for a weekend getaway. Great timing!
About time things started to break in Jayme's favor.

I think that is (partially) why he killed both parents as well. Isolating her, making sure she had no parents to go back to. As well as feeding his own distorted reality.
He and Jayme is his own little, secluded world.
Absolutely agree: I believe he is a predator but it is unlike a predator to take risks like he did. That's why I think this is an escalation crime after remaining undetected in other maybe less serious crimes.

I’m very surprised that he didn’t have a previous criminal record.

He didn’t outsmart anyone though. He simply benefited from the lack of an obvious connection to the victim.

He took incredible risks during the murders, and was fortunate he didn’t get caught.

He also had the perfect place to hide her.

Some skill, but mostly dumb luck and circumstance.
An actual mastermind would have actually secured his prisoner before heading out to meander around the tundra. If not for that rocket scientist move, we still wouldn't know where Jayme is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-13 Jayme Closs Comes Home - A 48 Hours special(2).png
    Screenshot_2019-01-13 Jayme Closs Comes Home - A 48 Hours special(2).png
    750 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_2019-01-13 Jayme Closs Comes Home - A 48 Hours special(3).png
    Screenshot_2019-01-13 Jayme Closs Comes Home - A 48 Hours special(3).png
    810.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_2019-01-13 Jayme Closs Comes Home - A 48 Hours special(4).png
    Screenshot_2019-01-13 Jayme Closs Comes Home - A 48 Hours special(4).png
    723.6 KB · Views: 90
One thing to note is that at this time, there still have not been any sexual assault charges against JP.

That will not be in the initial charges tomorrow. It rarely is at this juncture since she only escaped this past Friday.

No doubt a rape kit was done and will be sent to the lab. They will not add additional charges at this time for there simply is no need to do so.

They will wait for the lab results. Plus Fitzgerald has already said they will be getting information from Jayme when she feels like the time is right. They are going to let her give them evidence at her own pace. It shows what great compassion all of the police officers have for Jayme.

They are not going to rush any of this because once again there is no urgent need to do so.

I imagine tomorrow the judge will deny bond or set it so high he will remain in jail until trial time.

They have all they need right now to convince the presiding judge that probable cause has been met in the double homicide charges and kidnapping.

But like many have said...he didnt murder her parents in cold blood and kidnap Jayme so she could bake him cookies.

Imo so additional charges will be added before he goes to trial like it often happens in cases with these same circumstances.

The worst thing for Jayme right now is for the media and the public to know any of the details of what all she has had to endure for 3 agonizing months.

Imo the prosecutor is very mindful of that knowing now more than ever it would spread like wildfire.

Imo

Absolutely agree: I believe he is a predator but it is unlike a predator to take risks like he did. That's why I think this is an escalation crime after remaining undetected in other maybe less serious crimes.
He did get caught siphoning gas once. I think there were other things as well, but he didn't get caught. I don't think he killed before, but I do think he had done his share of petty crimes.

I'm so sorry that happened to you, StarEyes. I'm sure Jayme received all the health care that was required, and is being well looked after.

Thank you! I’ve had lots of therapy since then. Thankfully. It puts me in a position to worry about the same thing happening to Jayme. I’d think surely they’d have done that plus bloodwork to test her vitamin levels, etc. I hope.

I'm thinking this too. I mean, who just decides for their first violent crime to be to murder 2 people and kidnap a child?
I also think there is a history of harming/torturing animals. We'll see. jmo

I’m very surprised that he didn’t have a previous criminal record.

He didn’t outsmart anyone though. He simply benefited from the lack of an obvious connection to the victim.

He took incredible risks during the murders, and was fortunate he didn’t get caught.

He also had the perfect place to hide her.

Some skill, but mostly dumb luck and circumstance.
I don't think dumb luck is involved. I think there IS a connection, but it might be a surprising one. Or one he totally misinterpreted, like him reading something into nothing, misinterpreting a situation, misinterpreting something someone told him about Jayme or the Closses.

I think he observed them, planned every step. I think he did have a police scanner with him, but no phone. And I do think he had a backup plan.
He had prepared the house for her. Constructed a hiding place for Jayme. Had enough food for a while. Did nothing that would make him suspicious, like buying a lot of girls clothes or products for women.

I think this a loner, with poor social skills (regarding women). With a perfect hideout an I think he can keep his mouth shut (loner, not social).

I don't have any doubt. Yes they would when they examined her. They would do this when they obtained the rape kit that will be sent to the lab for testing.

I cant begin to tell you how my heart hurts knowing what you endured. But I think you can rest your mind about them checking to make sure she isn't pregnant. I can see how that would worry you though.

God bless.

Thank you. It was horrible, but I can also attest to the fact that you can go on with your life. It took my carefree innocence. I’m sure that’s Jayme’s experience, too, and it breaks my heart for her. I’m glad to hear they likely tested her. I don’t want her to worry about that. I’m sure it’s entered her mind several times over the last 3mos.:(

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I am a bit behind. Is it confirmed that he was actually out looking for when he was arrested. From what I remember, he was picked up within 10 minutes and the impression was that he did not even know she was gone.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I am a bit behind. Is it confirmed that he was actually out looking for when he was arrested. From what I remember, he was picked up within 10 minutes and the impression was that he did not even know she was gone.
LE stated that he was driving looking for her.

He did get caught siphoning gas once. I think there were other things as well, but he didn't get caught. I don't think he killed before, but I do think he had done his share of petty crimes.

Sorry for this post, working a gimpy keyboard.

1) Petty crimes, yes, but count me among those stunned this was his first serious crime.
2) The "how did he interact with her" -- definitely the million dollar question. Does seem like SM dropping in percentages. Just very odd.
3) Tying to other crimes. Groene was essentially a fully mature sociopath killer and I don't think this was spontaneous. The Petit case maybe closer but again more mature perp, very spontaneous, very psychotic. Short? Maybe closest but I'm not sure there's an analogue out there.
4) I would guess the planning was more than a week but this case is full of surprises.
5) If there is a SM angle it'll be indirect -- say via a friend showing something to him.
6) A lot of focus on JC's dancing -- what about the XCountry running?
7) Is there a book popular amongst his age group or apparent mindset with a kidnapping scenario like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member