Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, if they try that defense than all of the effort he put in to eliminate his footprint will backfire. Hard to prove that scenario if all the evidence of such an "agreement" is nothing but empty air.

As I have stated before, this is NOT a defense that I think is valid or one that I think would work. I was simply looking at the crime in terms of what angle the defense might go at. That's all.

Interesting that junk outside included adult diapers and makeup inside the home. If the grandmother indeed lived in the home, it could be hers...but maybe JK’s.
Had not thought of the make up possibly belonging to JP

I can't imagine JP didn't keep himself updated with news on the murders and Jayme's kidnapping.
If he didn't have TV or internet at home then maybe he went somewhere to hear or read about it, like a library or something.
I thought the same thing. Maybe these are the periods of time, a few hours or so here and there, that he would leave Jayme alone at the house. I just wonder though where would be the closest library or business where he could access Wifi?

I'm feeling so bad for girls like Jayme and Elizabeth Smart, not only because of the horrors they had to endure in captivity, but also because they have to come home to such an intense level of scrutiny and prying eyes. They're still young, they still probably feel uncomfortable with so much notoriety connected to something so horrible.

Video: Jayme Closs found: Family of Wisconsin teen express pride and relief with Closs' return home - CBS News
Closs' family members never gave up hope that she would be found, but like the rest of the country, they are still in shock. Only on "CBS This Morning," Closs' cousin LS and two of her aunts, SA and LC, told "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King how they are helping the 13-year-old heal by giving her all the love she needs. They also told us about what it's like to finally have her home.

"I have to pinch myself," Allard said. "I woke up this morning and finally, I didn't have that pit in the bottom of my stomach any more."

"I still feel a little in shock. I just want to go over there, every day to my mom's house and see Jayme. It's amazing to see her home," Smith said. Smith's mother is Closs' legal guardian now.

"She can't quit smiling," Lynn said.

"No, and my mom, her heart has been just broken since Jayme was gone," Smith said. "And now I told her, I said, 'I get my mom back. You are happy again. You are -- It's just the best thing I've ever seen.'"

"Tell us how you each heard the news that she was okay," King said.

"My dad had to call my neighbor. And she comes screamin' in my door. I'll never, ever forget her screaming, 'Sue! Sue! They found Jayme!'" Allard said, tearing up.

Please tell me if I’m wrong and sorry if this has been discussed, but I wonder about how they were able to get these photos, there’s a quote that says some were taken by the Daily Mail, there are also a few other tabloid sites to note here ( NYP), my point is these photos don’t have crime scene markers on them, things that normally would be collected appear still at the residence, etc...this tells me these photos were taken pretty early on but how the heck did they get in there? They would not be allowed to be in there during an active crime scene, so I’m wondering if someone who did have the authority to be in there either:

a) took the photos themselves then sold them
b) allowed someone access to take the pictures
c) leaked official crime scene photos.

Please correct me if this is not a possibility.

I’ll never forget how quickly they got photos in AH’s case.

They pay big bucks for photos I assume.

There’s also a specific photo which the “camera” seems suspicious to me, I don’t want to comment further yet.

—-

ETA:

From my notes it appears Julia Marsh of the NYP is listed under a photo re: the box, not linking it. This should NOT have been leaked, moo.

Don’t want to draw more attention to it but since it’s being discussed I just want to say Shame Shame to whoever took this photo and leaked it. Moo.

Last edited:
Interesting that junk outside included adult diapers and makeup inside the home. If the grandmother indeed lived in the home, it could be hers...but maybe JK’s.

I’m being pedantic here. The junk outside included a box marked adult diapers. NOT - as far as I’ve seen/read - actual diapers of any kind.

Also, who is JK?

Quick question... with all the suspected planning that JP did, why did he end up in a situation where he had to kill 2 people?

Maybe he wanted to kill 2 people? I've heard killers say that they wanted to know what it felt like to kill. Or maybe he was delusional and thought if her parents were dead that no one would look for her.

Oh goodness. It was in a news link in one of the threads shortly after she escaped. Maybe looking in the media thread will help. It should be there.

If not I will try to wade through all of the news links to find it.

ETA. I'm still looking KK. Maybe I misunderstood.
Tried to help look but now I am wondering if it was edited out of an article previously posted. I had that happen literally 10 min after I saw and posted an article on a different case. People began responding saying they didn't see the info I referred to and sure enough the info was gone. Luckily and for some reason I had taken a screen shot. Otherwise I would have thought I was crazy.

I’m being pedantic here. The junk outside included a box marked adult diapers. NOT - as far as I’ve seen/read - actual diapers of any kind.

Also, who is JK?

Yes, what I read was: "an empty box of 80 adult Member's Mark diapers"

EXCLUSIVE: Inside the squalid basement 'cell' strewn with stuffed toys and filthy sheets where Jayme Closs, 13, spent 88 days as the prisoner of a 21-year-old loner in a cabin in the Wisconsin woods

Also, someone commented on what looked like green balloons in the living room. To me, it looks like a shamrock sticker stuck to the window.

Are you referring to this article?

During her brief stay in the Kasinskas home, Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” Peter Kasinskas said Thursday night.

She didn’t realize anyone had been looking for her and was surprised the couple knew Patterson’s name. Jayme didn’t know who he was until after he abducted her, she told them.

Back with family after escaping, Jayme Closs 'is the hero' - StarTribune.com
I can’t read this article without subscribing :(

Thank you for the welcome... I've been watching for a while . I was talking about the 911 call from the other day when Jayme escaped. I keep seeing that one mentioned.
Oh! Sorry about that. I don't think we've heard the 911 call - just lots of articles that describe it. And, it appears I need more coffee, lol. :p
MOO

I can't imagine JP didn't keep himself updated with news on the murders and Jayme's kidnapping.
If he didn't have TV or internet at home then maybe he went somewhere to hear or read about it, like a library or something.
He could have watching TV by been stealing someone's internet and using a ROKU or game system to stream to the TV. Young people can be pretty smart at those things.

He could have watching TV by been stealing someone's internet and using a ROKU or game system to stream to the TV. Young people can be pretty smart at those things.

I’ll be interested in learning how they communicated with the outside world and just how much access to news Jayme had, thinking initially, none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry