Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin has made for-profit bail bondsmen illegal. It is against the law. I'm not sure how they get around that. Loans include interest payments which would be profit.

As I said, bondsman aren’t always the most law abiding people. Maybe the “loan” is set up by dad or cousin or whomever. Then the loan is not taken by JP. Dad shows up with 5 mil. The courts take it. They get around it with ease.

Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing but it happens. A LOT. Again. I don’t think any sane bondsman would risk his $5mil on JP not running.

What really disturbs me about this is that he hasn't plead guilty. They are moving forward. No mention of any type of plea. I hope and pray that he doesn't try to seek additional minutes of fame and try and drag this out.

Did he have option to plea today? I thought this was just to lay out charges and then Feb 6th he could? Might be wrong though..

Actually, what you're claiming is inaccurate, as adult diapers have been found.

According to DailyMail:
"Patterson, 21, is believed to have lived at the isolated woodland home until his arrest on charges of kidnapping and intentional homicide.

The surrounding 2.5 acre lot is littered with old cars, rusty bikes and an assortment of junk, while a sign saying 'Patterson's Retreat' greets visitors as they approach the two-story, $110,000 dwelling.

Twinkling Christmas decorations are still strung across the yard and many of the lights are still on inside the wooden house - suggesting the occupant left in a hurry and didn't have a chance to return.

Chillingly, a mound of trash strewn beside a garage includes an empty box of 80 adult Member's Mark diapers."

Jayme Closs kept as prisoner inside squalid basement 'cell' | Daily Mail Online

Respectfully, I did say an EMPTY BOX which is exactly what that article states that you have bolded and made red. An empty box could mean many things, one of which could be as simple as the box was used to carry other items. It has been discussed on here quite a bit that many of us who shop at Sam's club often bring home our items in a box like that. They have stacks of them near the registers just for that purpose. Member's Mark is a Sam's club brand.

I'm claiming that we have ZERO indication that they were used in the last 3 months.
I have liquor boxes in my house (never purchased liquor in my life) because Costco put my vitamins in them.
There is ZERO reason to jump to the conclusion here when the case is bad enough already.

The perp was the only member, (along with possibly his brother), living on the property. An empty box of adult diapers and girl's make up has been found on his property.

It's not crossing a line to analyze if these items were for malicious purposes. The perp is a man who murdered two human beings and held a 13 year old hostage. The perp has demonstrated himself to be a criminal.

If we want to get "technical", the perp is technically "innocent" as in, "innocent until proven guilty". However, based on the facts that have been revealed in this case, it can be implied that he is a criminal.

So I imagine mom, dad, brother and sister (and others) knew he was effed up, right? And let me guess, everyone just ignored him (oh, and gave him cars and a place to live) because ‘what can we dooooo about it?’ Enable him. Thanks.

Like x a 1,000... at the very least don’t leave guns with psychopathetic offspring...

How else can you explain an empty box of 80 adult diapers located at the scene if they were NOT used?

How do you suggest an empty box could contain 80 Members Mark brand adult diapers if they were the opposite of "used"? New?

They are empty because they have been used.

He could have brought home something else in that box and then tossed the box later. My basement and garage are full of empty boxes that we pick up at the Dollar General store-condiments, clothing, Kraft mac & cheese, etc. We do a lot of shipping and my mom's a hoarder so we're constantly packing up something. We never saw what was inside of the boxes, we brought them home empty.

Jake Patterson's father wept openly, as the charges against his son were read out in court today and bail set at $5 million.

Patterson was not present but appeared via videolink. He sat impassive, dressed in orange prison jumpsuit as the charges were read. His father's shoulders rocked with tears at the sight of him.

Asked if he had been appraised of the charges Patterson answered a strong, 'Yes sir.'

As the first charge was read - that of intentional homicide - Patterson's father, Patrick, let out an anguished wail.

In contrast his youngest son sat impervious. He looked down, following the wording of the complaint as the judge read aloud.

Man charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs and murdering her parents sits emotionless in court

That's heartbreaking. Can you imagine hearing these things about your son? The child you raised? Even if his family knew he had issues I'm sure they never could have imagined an outcome like this. The guilt they are likely feeling must be unbelievable. They are also victims here.

How else can you explain an empty box of 80 adult diapers located at the scene if they were NOT used?

How do you suggest an empty box could contain 80 Members Mark brand adult diapers if they were the opposite of "used"? New?

There are may ways to explain. It may have been a box that he carried something else to his house in. Someone may have wrapped his Christmas gift in that box. Point being there were no diapers present. The box was EMPTY. Yes the box was empty because someone used the diapers. That someone may or may not have been present on the Patterson property. It may not matter in the long run. But to date with the pictures we are dissecting only the empty box was present.

But we don't know that. Maybe they used an empty box they took from the market to carry other things when they moved, or something like that.

Or maybe the deceased grandmother had that box a year ago, and it is still in the home.

I may be COMPLETELY wrong here as IANAL, but I believe that opportunity is still there. As far as I am aware, today's appearance in court was to announce the charges & set bail. He may still plead guilty before it goes to full-on trial.
Oh he can plead guilty at any time. But after the whole 'confession' that we have seen so far, I guess I would have presumed that they would have at least been working on a plea. During the press conference, they said that there were no talks about a plea. This really bothers me. All MO.

I can't get over the tight timeframe between when Jayme approached JN and when police apprehended JP. It was really just a matter of minutes. If any one of those people (Jayme, JN, the Ks, or even JP) had done something differently then we could have a very different ending on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl