Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, what you're claiming is inaccurate, as adult diapers have been found.

According to DailyMail:
"Patterson, 21, is believed to have lived at the isolated woodland home until his arrest on charges of kidnapping and intentional homicide.

The surrounding 2.5 acre lot is littered with old cars, rusty bikes and an assortment of junk, while a sign saying 'Patterson's Retreat' greets visitors as they approach the two-story, $110,000 dwelling.

Twinkling Christmas decorations are still strung across the yard and many of the lights are still on inside the wooden house - suggesting the occupant left in a hurry and didn't have a chance to return.

Chillingly, a mound of trash strewn beside a garage includes an empty box of 80 adult Member's Mark diapers."

Jayme Closs kept as prisoner inside squalid basement 'cell' | Daily Mail Online

That just says there was an empty box of adult diapers found. Maybe that box was used for something, and had no diapers inside. Or maybe those diapers were being used by his grandmother, who died last spring?

I am so glad the judge made his bond 5 Million CASH!!!!

He has seen his last day of freedom forever.

The judge knows he cant make that amount of cash bond!

Imo none of his family has 5 Million cash laying around either.

So he's locked up forever and Jayme has her freedom!! Poetic Justice. IMO

They are sold at Sam's Club. Where they often put your things in boxes since they don't have bags.

I have boxes for things I've never purchased, because Costco put my groceries in them when I went shopping.

I didn't even catch that! Excellent point. Members Mark is the generic brand there, and they do send you home with boxes rather than bags. And living in a rural area, wholesale clubs like Sam's or Costco are great, because you cut down on driving back and forth from town to get necessities all the time.

They are sold at Sam's Club. Where they often put your things in boxes since they don't have bags.

I have boxes for things I've never purchased, because Costco put my groceries in them when I went shopping.

I doubt Sam's Club would humiliate a customer by putting their purchase in a box branded as adult diapers as that is very personal.

What does an EMPTY box of Members Mark adult diapers on the perp's property imply? They had to have been USED.

The perp is a 21 year old male that kidnapped a 13 year old young girl.

What would an empty box of diapers on his property imply? What would girl's make up imply?

Some members here are claiming he had nothing to do with the diapers and couldn't have purchased the girl's make up. Why? One has to be a sick man in order to murder two people and hold a 13 year old has hostage. Clearly, he has demonstrated himself to be a sick criminal that possibly used these items for malicious purposes.

Can prosecution use tape or details of what he confessed at his trial? And call no witnesses? So Jayme does not have to testify?
Yes, if his statment was preceded by proper Miranda rights, then his statement/confession may be used against him at trial. The prosecution would have HAVE to call Jayme, but I am guessing they still would.

Yup. “Look at me, I’m a brilliant criminal mastermind. You only caught me because she escaped.”

This is literally his life’s achievement.

Yeah, that’s a hell of an accomplishment there. Dumbass.
What really disturbs me about this is that he hasn't plead guilty. They are moving forward. No mention of any type of plea. I hope and pray that he doesn't try to seek additional minutes of fame and try and drag this out.

Jake Patterson's father wept openly, as the charges against his son were read out in court today and bail set at $5 million.

Patterson was not present but appeared via videolink. He sat impassive, dressed in orange prison jumpsuit as the charges were read. His father's shoulders rocked with tears at the sight of him.

Asked if he had been appraised of the charges Patterson answered a strong, 'Yes sir.'

As the first charge was read - that of intentional homicide - Patterson's father, Patrick, let out an anguished wail.

In contrast his youngest son sat impervious. He looked down, following the wording of the complaint as the judge read aloud.

Man charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs and murdering her parents sits emotionless in court | Daily Mail Online

Can we discuss geriatric Billy Corgan's bowties?

Right, But they got a call that a woman and her child were hiding in the bathroom from a home invasion. So they need first and foremost, to get to that home. Stopping to check a random passing vehicle at that time would be a big mistake, if the perps were still a the scene. JMO

And if one officer had stopped the fleeing vehicle, he would have been shot most likely. JMO

They got a call like that? I thought it was indecipherable noise?

What does an EMPTY box of diapers suggest? Are you claiming they were untouched? The box is empty due to someone using them.

I'm claiming that we have ZERO indication that they were used in the last 3 months.
I have liquor boxes in my house (never purchased liquor in my life) because Costco put my vitamins in them.
There is ZERO reason to jump to the conclusion here when the case is bad enough already.

I agree there should be no bail, even if it is a remote chance he could make it, he has nothing to loose, even less than he did when he killed the parents. what do they think that a piece of papers with words would keep him from going after the family and lady that helped her when she escaped, her and the family she has left? I think setting bail at all discourages people in future cases to call in if they know anything.

Good point...

And we don’t know what family did for living do we...???

If they have access to 500k and would tell this psycho to cut your ankle bracelet and go to Mexico...

Do we know what family jobs were??
The perp is ghost and parents evidently lived in underground silo also..Surely they didn’t abandon 11 yr old and say screw it im out..

I’m not putting this on them but at very least I’d want know where it went off track....and where he was for last 3 yrs and any missing persons...anybody this effed up is capable of anything, and I’d believe nothing they said without verifying an outside source.

I dunno. Who the hell looks at this guy and says to himself “I want to be like him?”

He is the very definition of a “loser.”

He is the very definition of “failure.”

That’s a low bar as far as admiration goes.
I think incel (and types like them) do glorify this loser crap.

He is NOT admirable, but there is a crowd that fantasizes these scenarios and I'm sure they are following every aspect of this case and holding him up as one who put the sick fantasies into action.

But, yes, I agree he is a loser by decent people's standards.

jmo

It is not slamming LE, imo, to wonder why they did not make the Taurus sighting public...it is a fair question.
I'm also wondering the very same thing. Why issue the alert for the red Challenger and the dark SUV but not the Taurus that was actually seen by the approaching officer? Doesn't make sense IMO.

What really disturbs me about this is that he hasn't plead guilty. They are moving forward. No mention of any type of plea. I hope and pray that he doesn't try to seek additional minutes of fame and try and drag this out.

I may be COMPLETELY wrong here as IANAL, but I believe that opportunity is still there. As far as I am aware, today's appearance in court was to announce the charges & set bail. He may still plead guilty before it goes to full-on trial.

Respectfully, do we know they could have ever anticipated such a thing? To be fair, I’m not sure we can blame anyone else for these horrific acts except JP himself. If there’s something else that proved he had violent tendencies and was capable of committing such a crime(s) then perhaps this is something to be looked at—-I’ve missed a lot in these threads so maybe there’s something relating to this that I haven’t seen, but at this moment I’m not aware of why the parents should receive any blame? Perhaps they made some mistakes and again I know nothing about this family, but I think it should be really clear here that it is JP who is being charged.
It would be difficult for them to see signs of problematic behavior given that they moved out and left him and his brother to fend for themselves at some point, I suppose.

Thank you.

So if I’m understanding correctly, the state will likely pursue SA charges if this did occur, no two ways about that, despite victim privacy and the fact that other charges would keep him incarcerated. Ok, so do this mean that ALL the specific details are going to have to be listed for the charges to be proven? It would seem so.

And if so this sucks bigtime. I wish she could be protected from this in some way.

But he does need to be deemed a sex offender of the highest level if he did. People escape prison, or get pardons etc...ever so unlikely but still.

I doubt Sam's Club would humiliate a customer by putting their purchase in a box branded as adult diapers as that is very personal.

What does an EMPTY box of Members Mark adult diapers on the perp's property imply? They had to have been USED.

His Grandmother died not too long ago. Perhaps they were hers.
They would NOT have fit Jayme anyway.

If the perp has a diaper fetish and likes to wear them, that's on him. For now, unless there are actual diapers mentioned I see no reason why it needs to keep getting brought up. It's a non issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57