Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing of note, Randolph Co is not the lead agency on this. As I mentioned they sure commented quite quickly saying “there is no evidence”, meaning perhaps there is still stuff being investigated with CE as we speak. We know these things often take time. I see what you mean, as imo this could be interpreted to possibly include “so far” or “at this time”.

Currently having no evidence is much different that using the words “excluded” or “ruled out” as a suspect. Until I hear this from ISP I’m going to remain hopeful (or am I just setting myself up for disappointment again, which is fine. I’m disappointed anyway lol).

But thinking about other cases, LE WILL use the term “ruled out” (MJK for example), or at least as ISP said with DN “we have no further interest in DN” (or whatever they said).

This link, along with many others corroborating it, has appeared here many times before.

"Authorities announced that Nations is no longer a suspect in the death of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams."

Investigators say Daniel Nations is no longer a suspect in Delphi, Ind. murders

Last edited:
FTR, while witness sketches have often been a dead ringer, or at least similar, witness descriptions are notoriously unreliable and variable, moo (can provide reference links if need be, came across a really good article in another case recently, perhaps it was Jazmine Barnes case). So imo I do not have full faith in the sketch. I’m hoping ya is accurate but it won’t surprise me if it’s not, moo.

Unless the witness interaction was up close imo, eye color would be hard to pinpoint, especially considering the lapse in time between the incident and the time the sketch was created (exact time that went by)?

Additionally, IF the “not blue” is based upon parabon snapshot, which I think is likely imo, then this indicates LE has faith that the DNA they do have is directly from the suspect. But I’m still not sure about this, as I still wonder maybe it’s from a cigarette butt or something like that? Honestly I’m still not clear on all this DNA business despite the many articles.

I would think you would have to get quite close to notice eye color, if you notice at all.

I just came in from walking my dog and my neighbor drove by me. This neighbor and I have interacted almost daily for 4 years.

Once I started reading about the ‘not blue eyes’ thing, I just thought if I could remember my next door neighbors eye color. I can not. Note again I have waved or spoke to her 1000 times probably.

Makes me wonder how anyone in a chance meeting, for a split second can notice eye color

FTR, while witness sketches have often been a dead ringer, or at least similar, witness descriptions are notoriously unreliable and variable, moo (can provide reference links if need be, came across a really good article in another case recently, perhaps it was Jazmine Barnes case). So imo I do not have full faith in the sketch. I’m hoping ya is accurate but it won’t surprise me if it’s not, moo.

Unless the witness interaction was up close imo, eye color would be hard to pinpoint, especially considering the lapse in time between the incident and the time the sketch was created (exact time that went by)?

Additionally, IF the “not blue” is based upon parabon snapshot, which I think is likely imo, then this indicates LE has faith that the DNA they do have is directly from the suspect. But I’m still not sure about this, as I still wonder maybe it’s from a cigarette butt or something like that? Honestly I’m still not clear on all this DNA business despite the many articles.

It definitely keeps the DNA in question from the Deer Creek crime scene. I'm still thinking partial profile, no Parabon sketch or familial comparison in 2 years. I also think CE is cleared based on a solid alibi for 02/13/2017.

I think some of us might be losing sight of something; LE isn’t likely to say anything such as “Mr. X is now a suspect in the _____ murder...” just to satisfy those of us on the outside who track these cases, nor should they because when they do hone in on the right suspect (and I’m confident they will one day) they have to build their case so tight it sticks. As much as it’s frustrating, we have to trust the process. I don’t think anybody outside of LE knows for sure if there was any suspect DNA collected or not, so it’s possible this won’t be a case that can be easily sealed with a DNA match. Have faith, it’s not over until it’s over and regardless of whether or not the latest person that’s been the hot topic ever ends up being tied to Delphi somehow, the positive thing is another admitted child predator is off the street!

I would think you would have to get quite close to notice eye color, if you notice at all.

I just came in from walking my dog and my neighbor drove by me. This neighbor and I have interacted almost daily for 4 years.

Once I started reading about the ‘not blue eyes’ thing, I just thought if I could remember my next door neighbors eye color. I can not. Note again I have waved or spoke to her 1000 times probably.

Makes me wonder how anyone in a chance meeting, for a split second can notice eye color
the thing is....I do notice blue eyes. If not blue I couldn't tell you what color they were. But blue eyes stand out to me.

Long time lurker here, just found this case and having read a little about it I can't seem to find any details of how the girls died and if they were raped? Have police not released these details still?

Long time lurker here, just found this case and having read a little about it I can't seem to find any details of how the girls died and if they were raped? Have police not released these details still?

Welcome hurryup. Law enforcement have not released this information and are unlikely to do so until an arrest has been made. They don’t want to release this information that only the killer would know to prevent false confessions for example.

And this:
Delphi investigative team looking at Randolph County arrest

CITY, Ind. (WTHR) – The Delphi multi-agency investigative team that has been working on the murder case of Abby Williams and Libby German, confirms that they are looking into an arrest that happened in Union City.

Authorities working the case, have received multiple tips from the media and the public asking about an arrest that happened on January 8.

After reports of 46-year-old Charles Eldridge's arrest in Union City for child molestation, people quickly drew comparisons between his mugshot and the sketch of the Delphi suspect.
<modsnipped copyright>

If anyone has information on the Delphi case, contact the FBI by calling (844) 459-5786 or emailing abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
As hard as it is to believe, there are still folks out there who have not seen the pic of BG. I was perusing some Facebook pages of news outlets and came upon a comment made (by someone who LIVES in Indiana) sometime today or yesterday to the effect, "Where did this photograph come from? Was there a witness who saw him?" Someone ressponded that one of the girls had a phone and recorded that before he they were murdered. She just said "thank you." I'm guessing she ALSO has not heard the recording. This is someone who responded to a news article so you'd think she also keeps up with the news, yet she knew nothing of the photo.​

ISP reminds public they look into all tips in Delphi double murder case

“As of Jan. 11, investigators were saying it was too early to make any connection, and they were not calling Eldridge a person of interest in the Delphi murders.

A release from the Indiana State Police issued Monday afternoon made clear the multi-agency investigative team will be looking into whether Eldridge has any connection to the Delphi murders, just as they investigate every tip they receive.“

After reports of 46-year-old Charles Eldridge's arrest in Union City for child molestation, people quickly drew comparisons between his mugshot and the sketch of the Delphi suspect.

delphi_suspect_comparison.jpg

Delphi investigative team looking at Randolph County arrest

As hard as it is to believe, there are still folks out there who have not seen the pic of BG. I was perusing some Facebook pages of news outlets and came upon a comment made (by someone who LIVES in Indiana) sometime today or yesterday to the effect, "Where did this photograph come from? Was there a witness who saw him?" Someone ressponded that one of the girls had a phone and recorded that before he they were murdered. She just said "thank you." I'm guessing she ALSO has not heard the recording. This is someone who responded to a news article so you'd think she also keeps up with the news, yet she knew nothing of the photo.​

Hi TTF14!

Your post sparked a train of thought. There are people who go away on vacation who might not catch up on news when they get home. I’m sure the snowbirds who have a home near the MHB heard about the case, but other snowbirds, vacationers, cruise takers may not have. There are also long term care givers dealing with sick family members. When you’re taking care of someone 24-7-365 (or however long), news isn’t always on your radar. Then when your life gets back to normal after their recovery or your grieving process, it’s like, ‘Oh. I had no idea THAT happened.’

JMO
RIP M+J

Thank you for sharing this. I would love to know what he looked like two years ago and what his voice sounds like.
I can't post pics due to TOS however, you can do some digging. I haven't heard the voice but everything else is interesting. I keep reading conflicting LE statements so not sure what is going on with Indiana investigating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname