Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we not refer to him as a “kid?
21 is an adult.
Thank you. I agree. I believe people are referring to him as "kid" either because they have a kid that age or because honestly, it's more comforting to think of a "kid" abducting another kid rather than state this was an adult male that kidnapped a female child.

JP is allegedly, a criminal who, as an adult male, randomly spotted Jayme getting onto a school bus and decided to murder her parents and hold this child hostage.

JP is the definition of the worst nightmare. ALL PARENTS ARE WORRIED ABOUT THEIR CHILDREN TAKING THE SCHOOL BUS ALONE AND COMING ACROSS A CRIMINAL. Tragically, this is exactly what happened in this case.

Is anyone else shocked that JP performed such a horrific crime without a criminal record?

Hell I don't see him getting far with a !!! I fist pumped to hear 5 million.
@gitana1 ... the thread is moving so super fast I can't catch up enough so please forgive me if this has been discussed... As for the bail, here in FL, 10% of the total bail amount can be paid in order to get one "out on bail". I googled a few articles regarding bail in Wisconsin. It appears WI does not have bail bondsmen/agencies like we have here, but when I read this article, #3 makes me nervous. You don't think there is anyway only 10% could get posted for bail and he's out do you?? The judge giving out the neighbors addresses (on national TV no less) and telling him he is to have no contact with them was weird. TIA
How to Post Bail in Wisconsin: 5 Things to Know - Stuck in Jail

Stated his surprise.. So disconnected from the fact he just killed the poor girls mother...!!
It fits. If you can coldly murder two people, then you aren’t going to suddenly grow a conscience after the fact.

Especially because this whole thing was premeditated.

He will remain disconnected from this, and will never show true emotion.

He has none.

How else can you explain an empty box of 80 adult diapers located at the scene if they were NOT used?

How do you suggest an empty box could contain 80 Members Mark brand adult diapers if they were the opposite of "used"? New?

They are empty because they have been used.
Members Mark is Sams club brand. You have to bring your own sacks to bag your groceries or use whatever box might be available so it is possible it could have been An Empty Box that was available

It fits. If you can coldly murder two people, then you aren’t going to suddenly grow a conscience after the fact.

Especially because this whole thing was premeditated.

He will remain disconnected from this, and will never show true emotion.

He has none.

I have empathy so that's why I am always so floored by the lack of emotion...

I do se a pattern: All women murdered by men. And it scares me. For my teen daughter, for my sisters and nieces, and for the female gender. We are not safe :(

Does anyone else here feel overwhelmed by the notoriously horrific cases over the last 6 months?
Mollie Tibbetts, Shanann Watts, Kelsey Berreth, and Jayme Closs's case are deeply disturbing and personal.

• Mollie Tibbetts: Any of us are/have been a college student (or currently either have or have had a child MT's age). MT was murdered by a relatively "random" criminal.

• Shanann Watts: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married (or have a married daughter) with children. SW and her babies were brutally murdered and quite possibly, planned, by a cheating husband.

• Kelsey Berreth: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married or co-parenting with a former partner (or have a married daughter or co-parenting daughter) with a child. KB's co-parenting partner allegedly solicited her murder three times.

• Jayme Closs: Any of us either will have, currently have, or have had a child Jayme's age. Jayme was abducted by a random perpetrator after he saw her board the school bus.

How incredibly disturbing. Has anyone else been as appalled as I have been over the last few months by the nature of these crimes? I feel we've been bombarded with grisly cases.

Has anyone else noticed such a pattern of notoriously grisly crimes in such a short amount of time?

Nancy Grace on Twitter
Please join us tonight on ABC’s @Nightline for latest on 13-year-old Jayme Closs kidnapper just appears in court. Did alleged perp Jake Patterson target Jayme, murder both her parents, and hold her prisoner in secluded cabin? 12:35am ET

From above:

“Did alleged perp Jake Patterson target Jayme, murder both her parents, and hold her prisoner in secluded cabin?”

Yes he did. What a stupid headline, sorry.

Suspect admits he randomly selected Jayme Closs to abduct
Prior to the night of the abduction, Patterson began planning to take Jayme Closs. He stole license plates and placed them on his red car. He disconnected the dome light in his vehicle "so that when he exited or entered the vehicle it would not illuminate his presence." He also removed the trunk light.

Patterson also admitted he wiped down shotgun shells and used gloves while loading his shotgun, making sure to not leave behind any DNA or fingerprints. He also "shaved his face and shaved all his head hair off and showered before leaving his house. (Patterson) stated he did this so he that he would not leave any DNA or hair at the scene."

When Patterson arrived at his rural home, he ordered Jayme to go into his bedroom and remove all her clothing. After she had disrobed, he put her clothes in a bag. "(Patterson) stated he then took her clothing, the duct tape, and the two pair of gloves he had worn and threw them into a wood fireplace in the basement of the house."

Patterson admitted he randomly selected Jayme Closs to kidnap after seeing her at the bus stop. He "never met (Jayme) through any social media sites and only learned her name after the abduction and when he got back to his house," the complaint states. "(Patterson) stated he learned the names of the two people he shot and killed after seeing their names reported on multiple news programs and social media."

I have empathy so that's why I am always so floored by the lack of emotion...
We all are.

It’s hard, if not impossible, to comprehend how someone is able to do something like this.

It’s nothing new though, and he ain’t special in this regard. There are lots more like him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member