Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
From CrimeOnline:

According to the complaint, he told her she would have to “hold it” if she had to go to the restroom, as she was not allowed to get out from under the bed. She was left on several occasions without food or water for hours.

I think this settles the argument about the empty box found outside.
...unless of course he was out of diapers as a new package of diapers , empty of diapers, was found

I don't want Jayme to deal with a trial. I hope his defense advises him to plead guilty.

I completely agree. Do we know if JP's shotgun was his parent's? The problem is that these potential criminals can purchase a gun on their own as adults. There is no way to stop them.

Page 8 of the complaint directly quotes JP saying he used his fathers shotgun as he had researched and that one was more common and least likelier to be traced (not exact words my paraphrasing)

Yes, it was his dad's.

From the complaint:

Considering JP is 21 and has no criminal or violent history, unless I’ve missed something, I’m not sure that his father can (or should) be held liable in any way?

ETA: Just seeing gitana’s comment on this:

More importantly why are parents so often enabling their "off" kids to have access to their firearms? Or even buying them for their weird kid?

Your kid is quiet? Doesn't socialize a lot? Poor social skills? Lots of time alone playing video games? Can't hold a job? Has mental issues? Acts oddly? Can you just not give him access to your frickin Mossberg shotgun? It's not going to help.

Last edited:
From CrimeOnline:

According to the complaint, he told her she would have to “hold it” if she had to go to the restroom, as she was not allowed to get out from under the bed. She was left on several occasions without food or water for hours.

I think this settles the argument about the empty box found outside.

How disturbing. Unfortunately, it's not hard to "connect the dots" on why an alleged 21 year old criminal, who had been holding a 13 year old child hostage, had an empty box of female adult diapers in his possession.

If guilty, he has demonstrated himself to be a horrific criminal who targeted a (random) child after WATCHING HER BOARD THE SCHOOL BUS, murdered her parents, and held this child hostage for three months.

I don't believe he will last in jail. Honestly, I believe the other prisoners will not tolerate his crime.

Yeah. But what I have seen lately is a bunch of cases solved/resolved in a relatively close amount of time.

SW's case.
KB's case.
Tristan Beaudette's case.
The Rhoden case.
This one.

Yeah, I'm not seeing an increase in violent crime over a short period of time, but it is definitely interesting that so many high-profile cases are getting resolved so quickly. Usually we have to wait for years for answers-if any come at all.

JP was such a lazy slob do you think he got rid of Jayme's original clothing when made he strip naked?

If he didn't it has to have Denise's blood on it which would be even more evidence against him in case this goes to trial.

I suspect he may want a trial for the notoriety and getting to relive everything he has done.

I found that part the most heart shattering knowing Jayme was locked in the trunk with her mom's blood most likely on her clothing and maybe even on her face. It brought me to tears and when it described how Jim and Denise were found and the fatal wounds they had sustained.

I cant begin to even imagine how traumatic all of this was for Jayme and this is before she arrived at the house of horrors.

No child should ever have to go through what she has had to endure or see what she has seen.

Imo

I agree, this was a terrible, traumatic event for Jayme. No child, no human should ever have to witness this.

I do not think Jayme had a lot of blood splatter on her. If you look at the complaint, on p9, it indicates JTP removed Jayme from the bathtub and shot DC while Jayme was standing next to him. Then on p11 it says JTC, in his statement, was surprised no blood splatter came back on him.

MOO, if Jayme was next to him and he had no blood splatter, I’m guessing Jayme had little to no blood on her. Her memories are torture enough...

Jayme Closs: Jake Patterson charged with kidnapping, homicide

I doubt Sam's Club would humiliate a customer by putting their purchase in a box branded as adult diapers as that is very personal.

What does an EMPTY box of Members Mark adult diapers on the perp's property imply? They had to have been USED.can

The perp is a 21 year old male that kidnapped a 13 year old young girl.

What would an empty box of diapers on his property imply? What would girl's make up imply?

Some members here are claiming he had nothing to do with the diapers and couldn't have purchased the girl's make up. Why? One has to be a sick man in order to murder two people and hold a 13 year old has hostage. Clearly, he has demonstrated himself to be a sick criminal that possibly used these items for malicious purposes.

Can we let the diapers go? Do we need to know every little thing? Are we sleuthing, trying to understand or being nosy? Aren’t we more than that?

I don't want Jayme to deal with a trial. I hope his defense advises him to plead guilty.

I completely agree. Do we know if JP's shotgun was his parent's? The problem is that these potential criminals can purchase a gun on their own as adults. There is no way to stop them.

BBM
From page 8 of the Criminal Complaint:
"The defendant stated that, prior to leaving his house, he took his father’s 12 gauge Mossberg pump shotgun which he described as having a black stock and a silver or chrome-colored finish on the barrel."

It sounds to me that the neighbors did hear the 2 gunshots, one thru the little window to kill James and the other into the door itself. They did not hear the one in the bathroom.
I don't know if their timing was off or if JP had been there longer than what LE thought. LE also said he went inside only 4 to 5 ft. JP says he went all thru the house checking rooms until he broke down the bathroom door. JP also says he was there about 4 minutes. That's pretty fast to accomplish everything he did, tying Jayme up and all, then dragging her out, with a shotgun in the other arm. I guess with high adrenaline maybe.
This. It seems like LE timeline and confession match perfectly

JP was such a lazy slob do you think he got rid of Jayme's original clothing when made he strip naked?

If he didn't it has to have Denise's blood on it which would be even more evidence against him in case this goes to trial.

I suspect he may want a trial for the notoriety and getting to relive everything he has done.

I found that part the most heart shattering knowing Jayme was locked in the trunk with her mom's blood most likely on her clothing and maybe even on her face. It brought me to tears and when it described how Jim and Denise were found and the fatal wounds they had sustained.

I cant begin to even imagine how traumatic all of this was for Jayme and this is before she arrived at the house of horrors.

No child should ever have to go through what she has had to endure or see what she has seen.

Imo

IMO, the Complaint stated he burned the evidence, her clothing, in a fireplace, and gave JC his sister’s pajamas to wear.

I agree, this was a terrible, traumatic event for Jayme. No child, no human should ever have to witness this.

I do not think Jayme had a lot of blood splatter on her. If you look at the complaint, on p9, it indicates JTP removed Jayme from the bathtub and shot DC while Jayme was standing next to him. Then on p11 it says JTC, in his statement, was surprised no blood splatter came back on him.

MOO, if Jayme was next to him and he had no blood splatter, I’m guessing Jayme had little to no blood on her. Her memories are torture enough...

Jayme Closs: Jake Patterson charged with kidnapping, homicide

Stated his surprise.. So disconnected from the fact he just killed the poor girls mother... And father!!

I wonder if he had any guns actually registered to him as he used his dad's gun for the murders.. That will cause some guilt I would think

I wouldn’t think so but who knows ??
I just thought if police knew gun/bullets they’d scrub for recent purchase...

On sites list father as pro 2nd amendment but in most hunting states that’s a lot of people.... seeing dad in court stunning.. sad..
Jaymes parents gone , she’s gotta deal with this, his family shattered by this, wtf, it’s just bizarre, like that real estate guy on east coast that kept woman on trailer locked up on property... completely crazy...

Like y’all have said give that girl credit ... this dude was ted kacynski, Ted bundy, and Hannibal lector crazy and she dealt with the insanity and escaped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal