Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can father be charged for not locking them up properly if JP was known to have issues?

if not why not

More importantly why are parents so often enabling their "off" kids to have access to their firearms? Or even buying them for their weird kid?

Your kid is quiet? Doesn't socialize a lot? Poor social skills? Lots of time alone playing video games? Can't hold a job? Has mental issues? Acts oddly? Can you just not give him access to your frickin Mossberg shotgun? It's not going to help.

Does anyone else here feel overwhelmed by the notoriously horrific cases over the last 6 months?
Mollie Tibbetts, Shanann Watts, Kelsey Berreth, and Jayme Closs's case are deeply disturbing and personal.

• Mollie Tibbetts: Any of us are/have been a college student (or currently either have or have had a child MT's age). MT was murdered by a relatively "random" criminal.

• Shanann Watts: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married (or have a married daughter) with children. SW and her babies were brutally murdered and quite possibly, planned, by a cheating husband.

• Kelsey Berreth: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married (or have a married daughter) with a child. KB's husband allegedly solicited her murder three times.

• Jayme Closs: Any of us either will have, currently have, or have had a child Jayme's age. Jayme was abducted by a random perpetrator after he saw her board the school bus.

How incredibly disturbing. Has anyone else been as appalled as I have been over the last few months? I feel we've been bombarded with grisly cases.

Has anyone else noticed such a pattern of notoriously grisly crimes in such a short amount of time?

It's really horrifying, though I'm not sure it's because of an increase in these crimes, or the increase in coverage, thanks to how fast news moves now. With social media and the internet, we all know so many things almost right away. And it's a lot easier to get information out to more people than it has been in the past.

Interesting, after LE said there was no evidence, like he didn't set foot more than 5' in the home. Maybe in the future they could just say they aren't disclosing what evidence they have, when they do have some! Unless perhaps they felt it was better for her safety to make him think they had nothing on him.
Better for her safety and better for their case, I'd say. He apparently did not dispose of the boots that make these "tracks." Therefore they were able to collect them and I'm sure match them to his presence in the house, whether through treads or blood residue. JMO

Does anyone else here feel overwhelmed by the notorious cases over the last 6 months?
Mollie Tibbetts, Shanann Watts, Kelsey Berreth, and Jayme Closs's case are deeply disturbing and personal.

• Mollie Tibbetts: Any of us are/have been a college student or have had a child MT's age. MT was murdered by a relatively "random" criminal.

• Shanann Watts: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married (or have a married daughter) with children. SW and her babies were brutally murdered and quite possibly, planned, by a cheating husband.

• Kelsey Berreth: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married (or have a married daughter) with a child. KB's husband allegedly solicited her murder three times.

• Jayme Closs: Any of us either will have, currently have, or have had a child Jayme's age. Jayme was abducted by a random perpetrator after he saw her board the school bus.

How incredibly disturbing. Has anyone else been as appalled as I have been over the last few months? I feel we've been bombarded with grisly cases.

Has anyone else noticed such a pattern of notoriously grisly crimes in such a short amount of time?

Honestly, I haven't seen an uptick in grisly crimes in such a short amount of time. I just think that, with social media and the rate at which things go viral, they're just really on our radar more right now. In my state we've had several really bad crimes, including the murder of children, over the past 6 months and those didn't get ANY national media attention. But we also saw them last year, the year before, the year before, etc.

Unfortunately, murders and abductions happen on a daily basis. They're all bad.

JP was such a lazy slob do you think he got rid of Jayme's original clothing when made he strip naked?

If he didn't it has to have Denise's blood on it which would be even more evidence against him in case this goes to trial.

I suspect he may want a trial for the notoriety and getting to relive everything he has done.

I found that part the most heart shattering knowing Jayme was locked in the trunk with her mom's blood most likely on her clothing and maybe even on her face. It brought me to tears and when it described how Jim and Denise were found and the fatal wounds they had sustained.

I cant begin to even imagine how traumatic all of this was for Jayme and this is before she arrived at the house of horrors.

No child should ever have to go through what she has had to endure or see what she has seen.

Imo
Fortunately, they don’t even need that type of evidence, as there is already a mountain of it.

This was worse than I imagined, and I initially thought it was really bad.

I hope this doesn’t go to trial, and I do think it’s quite likely that he will plead guilty.

He’s talked a lot, and that is normally followed by a plea.

He’ll get his forum during sentencing, so he’ll still get his notoriety, atleast in his mind.

Yeah, when I saw the full complaint and his whole "confession" I thought for sure we had a plea already. Maybe they are trying to figure out behind the scenes if they could even try to get him out of it and/or how? I have no idea, honestly. I'm still hoping for a plea.

This was not the plea hearing. That will come later. He just heard the charges and was given bail conditions. Advisement and bail hearing.

Hopefully this nasty piece of goods will plea.

More importantly why are parents so often enabling their "off" kids to have access to their firearms? Or even buying them for their weird kid?

Your kid is quiet? Doesn't socialize a lot? Poor social skills? Lots of time alone playing video games? Can't hold a job? Has mental issues? Acts oddly? Can you just not give him access to your frickin Mossberg shotgun? It's not going to help.

this times one hundred thousand, ten million

I believe the criminal complaint stated that he took the clothes (along with the duct tape he had on her, and the gloves he had worn) and threw them into the fireplace in the basement. I'm assuming he burned them there, though it doesn't go into that much detail.
Duct tape all the way around ? Reminds me of another case - Caylee Anthony- but I can only imagine how painful it was for it to be removed - poor Jayme

Last edited:
JP was such a lazy slob do you think he got rid of Jayme's original clothing when made he strip naked?

If he didn't it has to have Denise's blood on it which would be even more evidence against him in case this goes to trial.

I suspect he may want a trial for the notoriety and getting to relive everything he has done.

I found that part the most heart shattering knowing Jayme was locked in the trunk with her mom's blood most likely on her clothing and maybe even on her face. It brought me to tears and when it described how Jim and Denise were found and the fatal wounds they had sustained.

I cant begin to even imagine how traumatic all of this was for Jayme and this is before she arrived at the house of horrors.

No child should ever have to go through what she has had to endure or see what she has seen.

Imo
It states in the complaint that he said he burned her clothes in the wood burning stove. I also believe it said that he shot Denise after Jayme was removed from the tub. I don't think she had any blood on her.

They got a call like that? I thought it was indecipherable noise?

It was. See page 2, second paragraph of “probable cause” section:
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

Deputy James Pressley, with the Barron County Sheriff’s Department, reports on October 15, 2018, at approximately 12:53 AM, he and other deputies were in the Barron County Dispatch Center when a 911 call came in. Deputy Pressley reports screaming could be heard in the background. Dispatch advised that the 911 call had originated from 1268 13 1/2 Avenue/U.S. Hwy. 8, west of the City”

Honestly, I haven't seen an uptick in grisly crimes in such a short amount of time. I just think that, with social media and the rate at which things go viral, they're just really on our radar more right now. In my state we've had several really bad crimes, including the murder of children, over the past 6 months and those didn't get ANY national media attention. But we also saw them last year, the year before, the year before, etc.

Unfortunately, murders and abductions happen on a daily basis. They're all bad.

Yeah. But what I have seen lately is a bunch of cases solved/resolved in a relatively close amount of time.

SW's case.
KB's case.
Tristan Beaudette's case.
The Rhoden case.
This one.

If I were a bail bondsman, I wouldn’t help this guy out, regardless of the potential income.

I was at Sam’s Club today. There was a huge bin of empty boxes for packing my purchases. They don’t even look at what the product was, the box gets emptied, it gets tossed in a bin. Also, the complaint indicates JTP, when leaving the 12 hours for Christmas, told JC she would have to “hold it.”
I guess he ran out of those diapers ?

I don't want Jayme to deal with a trial. I hope his defense advises him to plead guilty.

I completely agree. Do we know if JP's shotgun was his parent's? The problem is that these potential criminals can purchase a gun on their own as adults. There is no way to stop them.

DIAPER DILEMNA ,,

Quote from article

"0utside the home, an empty but new-looking package of 80 Member’s Mark brand female adult diapers lay discarded on a trash pile."

An empty but new looking package....which leads one to suspect that recently a purchase of diapers had been made, ,,the package was empty but it was a new package of female diapers that had been emptied..apparently used perhaps.. ??... Not that the diapers really matter given everything else learned today but I think it is important to correctly know or "understand" what was said with regard to the NEW PACKAGE of diapers that was empty of diapers

That is the end of it for me and any discussion of diapers....really I do not think diapers matter at this point with the bigger scheme of things learned today. Basically he provided diapers for her to toilet in or NOT.

We're a firearm family and I live in an area where gun culture is prevalent...and no way would anyone I know give a disturbed person access to a gun. The video game thing doesn't bother me at all, especially if the person socializes outside of it, but there seems to have been plenty of other red flags in JP's past. It seems like not giving them access to your guns should be logical and, yet, here we are...

I don't think that's 100% accurate. Douglas County may be determining charges but it seems all that has to happen is for one county to consent to another county handling the charges. What I have found indicates that any DA in any County in the state can charge a defendant. Then the question is where the trial will be held. That is dependent on the county where the crimes were committed but if they were committed in multiple counties, the cases will eventually be consolidated. It would make no sense to have two simultaneous trials involving the same defendant and chain of events.

Wisconsin Legislature: 939.03

2013 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations :: 971. Criminal procedure — proceedings before and at trial. :: 971.01 Filing of the information.

2013 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations :: 971. Criminal procedure — proceedings before and at trial. :: 971.19 Place of trial.
You do not want both counties to file together or at same time, IF, JP gets off or lightly sentenced, then Douglas co. can step in and say wait we have charges on him. Tken the process starts all over for him. Bail, Jury select....

Last edited:
I don't want Jayme to deal with a trial. I hope he pleads guilty.

I completely agree. Do we know if JP's shotgun was his parent's? The problem is that these potential criminals can purchase a gun on their own as adults. There is no way to stop them.

Yes, it was his dad's.

From the complaint:

he took his father’s 12 gauge Mossberg pump shotgun which he described as having a black stock and a silver or chrome-colored finish on the barrel.

Does anyone else here feel overwhelmed by the notoriously horrific cases over the last 6 months?

• Mollie Tibbetts: Any of us are/have been a college student (or currently either have or have had a child MT's age). MT was murdered by a relatively "random" criminal.

• Kelsey Berreth: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married or co-parenting with a former partner (or have a married daughter or co-parenting daughter) with a child. KB's co-parenting partner allegedly solicited her murder three times.

How incredibly disturbing. Has anyone else been as appalled as I have been over the last few months by the nature of these crimes? I feel we've been bombarded with grisly cases.

MT was a random murder, no need for "" IMO

IMO, a 4 minute response time by LE to a 911 call with no one speaking on the line and no clue what was going on is actually amazing. From what the defendant has said, if LE had arrived that minute earlier, odds are Jayme might well have been killed too.

And perhaps even Police Officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members