Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, of course, but I wonder if the family just didn't think much of JP's life other than "failure to launch." 21 year old kid, can't seem to hold down a job, discharged from the Marines. Maybe they just thought "ugh, this kid will never grow up and make anything of himself," though not necessarily "this kid is a psychopath and will murder someone, some day."

There's a chance they might have some guilt from the divorce and feel the need to support their son through this "failure to launch" by allowing him to stay in the cabin & keeping him afloat. Maybe he promises he will apply to jobs, interview...try his best to get (and keep) a job, but it's just a neverending cycle. Miserable as the situation is/was, it may have not been obvious that there was something more malicious there than just a loser kid who can't get his shtuff together.

Just speculating, ofc, but with as silent as his family has been, and as wrecked as his father seemed today, I wouldn't be shocked if they were a bit blindsided.

Officials release 911 call in Jayme Closs case
“I 100 percent think it is her,” KK told a Douglas County Communications Center emergency dispatcher.

They couldn't see Jake's cabin from the K's home.

The call ended after deputies arrived.

Listen to the 911 call in its entirety here. The News Tribune edited out addresses and phone numbers mentioned during the call.

Jayme Closs 911 Call

Five million dollar bail. I don't think that this guy is going to be able to make bail.

I am pretty sure, even if his parents could put up 10%, why would they? Then again, it would be interesting if they did, and this guy would be free out of jail, on bail. He is a danger to society, I think that there is enough evidence to hold him without a bail amount.

If I were a bail bondsman, I wouldn’t help this guy out, regardless of the potential income.

I doubt Sam's Club would humiliate a customer by putting their purchase in a box branded as adult diapers as that is very personal.

What does an EMPTY box of Members Mark adult diapers on the perp's property imply? They had to have been USED.

The perp is a 21 year old male that kidnapped a 13 year old young girl.

What would an empty box of diapers on his property imply? What would girl's make up imply?

Some members here are claiming he had nothing to do with the diapers and couldn't have purchased the girl's make up. Why? One has to be a sick man in order to murder two people and hold a 13 year old has hostage. Clearly, he has demonstrated himself to be a sick criminal that possibly used these items for malicious purposes.

I was at Sam’s Club today. There was a huge bin of empty boxes for packing my purchases. They don’t even look at what the product was, the box gets emptied, it gets tossed in a bin. Also, the complaint indicates JTP, when leaving the 12 hours for Christmas, told JC she would have to “hold it.”

Jake Patterson's father wept openly, as the charges against his son were read out in court today and bail set at $5 million.

Patterson was not present but appeared via videolink. He sat impassive, dressed in orange prison jumpsuit as the charges were read. His father's shoulders rocked with tears at the sight of him.

Asked if he had been appraised of the charges Patterson answered a strong, 'Yes sir.'

As the first charge was read - that of intentional homicide - Patterson's father, Patrick, let out an anguished wail.

In contrast his youngest son sat impervious. He looked down, following the wording of the complaint as the judge read aloud.

Man charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs and murdering her parents sits emotionless in court

That's heartbreaking. Can you imagine hearing these things about your son? The child you raised? Even if his family knew he had issues I'm sure they never could have imagined an outcome like this. The guilt they are likely feeling must be unbelievable. They are also victims here.

I would never go to the hearings for a creep who did such things. Son or no.

"Multiple empty containers of Cranberry Smirnoff Ice, Grape Henry’s Hard Soda and black cherry White Claw Hard Soda are heaped in the rubbish alongside an empty but new-looking package of 80 Member’s Mark brand female adult diapers."

https://nypost.com/2019/01/13/inside-the-hell-house-of-jayme-closss-alleged-kidnapper/

It's possible that the perpetrator had malicious intent when using, what New York Post reports as "female" adult Members Mark adult diapers. This is a 21 year old man who allegedly held a 13 year old child hostage for 3 months after murdering her parents. Technically, the perpetrator is not even a guilty criminal as he is "innocent until proven guilty" yet it can be implied that he's committed this crime based on the facts that have been revealed.

What can be more disturbing that a 21 year old male holding a 13 year old child hostage for three months after murdering her parents? If guilty, this is a man that is capable of committing a disturbing crime. It's not a reach to analyze the items on his property and report that he's the owner of them.

If guilty, this is a very sick man. According to criminal complaint:
"A man suspected in the kidnapping of Jayme Closs planned the crime methodically after he spotted the Wisconsin teenager getting onto a school bus.

That’s according to a criminal complaint filed Monday that charges 21-year-old Jake Thomas Patterson with kidnapping Jayme and killing her parents in October.
The complaint says Patterson didn’t even know Jayme’s name until he abducted her." The Latest: Prosecutor lauds Jayme Closs for bravery, escape

Criminals such as JP are a parent's WORST NIGHTMARE. He did not even KNOW Jayme. He could have abducted ANYONE'S CHILD.

Last edited:
The perp was the only member, (along with possibly his brother), living on the property. An empty box of adult diapers and girl's make up has been found on his property.

It's not crossing a line to analyze if these items were for malicious purposes. The perp is a man who murdered two human beings and held a 13 year old hostage. The perp has demonstrated himself to be a criminal.

If we want to get "technical", the perp is technically "innocent" as in, "innocent until proven guilty". However, based on the facts that have been revealed in this case, it can be implied that he is a criminal.

The perp was the only member of the family CURRENTLY LIVING THERE yes.
However, the whole family had resided there, his sister and brother both grew up there.
Perhaps his Grandmother lived there until she died. We have no idea.
I never moved every single thing I owned out of the house I grew up in.
We keep some belongings of everybody's in our "cabin" and that appears to be how they treated this place.
Patterson's RETREAT. So, the sister may have gone to stay there at some point as well.
I highly doubt he went out and bought adult diapers and make up, but didn't buy a better way to restrain her. There doesn't seem to be any real plans made for AFTER the abduction.

Oh he can plead guilty at any time. But after the whole 'confession' that we have seen so far, I guess I would have presumed that they would have at least been working on a plea. During the press conference, they said that there were no talks about a plea. This really bothers me. All MO.

Yeah, when I saw the full complaint and his whole "confession" I thought for sure we had a plea already. Maybe they are trying to figure out behind the scenes if they could even try to get him out of it and/or how? I have no idea, honestly. I'm still hoping for a plea.

Jake Patterson's father wept openly, as the charges against his son were read out in court today and bail set at $5 million.

Patterson was not present but appeared via videolink. He sat impassive, dressed in orange prison jumpsuit as the charges were read. His father's shoulders rocked with tears at the sight of him.

Asked if he had been appraised of the charges Patterson answered a strong, 'Yes sir.'

As the first charge was read - that of intentional homicide - Patterson's father, Patrick, let out an anguished wail.

In contrast his youngest son sat impervious. He looked down, following the wording of the complaint as the judge read aloud.

Man charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs and murdering her parents sits emotionless in court

That's heartbreaking. Can you imagine hearing these things about your son? The child you raised? Even if his family knew he had issues I'm sure they never could have imagined an outcome like this. The guilt they are likely feeling must be unbelievable. They are also victims here.

I wonder how his father treated women in front of JP

I doubt Sam's Club would humiliate a customer by putting their purchase in a box branded as adult diapers as that is very personal.

What does an EMPTY box of Members Mark adult diapers on the perp's property imply? They had to have been USED.

The perp is a 21 year old male that kidnapped a 13 year old young girl.

What would an empty box of diapers on his property imply? What would girl's make up imply?

Some members here are claiming he had nothing to do with the diapers and couldn't have purchased the girl's make up. Why? One has to be a sick man in order to murder two people and hold a 13 year old has hostage. Clearly, he has demonstrated himself to be a sick criminal that possibly used these items for malicious purposes.

Well, for starters Sam's club does not put your items in anything. YOU do. You go and grab your own box out of a large bin nearby. YOU select the size and type you need. It has also been said that there was a grandmother that had passed away fairly recently. As long as there are other options for these things it is not wise to leap to conclusions that really only amount to rumors. That young girl has enough to overcome without all that.

Can father be charged for not locking them up properly if JP was known to have issues?

if not why not

That I don't know because I live in uk.. Would think you should be responsible and if a crime was committed with your weapon but am sure someone else would know for sure...

I'm claiming that we have ZERO indication that they were used in the last 3 months.
I have liquor boxes in my house (never purchased liquor in my life) because Costco put my vitamins in them.
There is ZERO reason to jump to the conclusion here when the case is bad enough already.
I absolutely agree with this.

I can't get over the tight timeframe between when Jayme approached JN and when police apprehended JP. It was really just a matter of minutes. If any one of those people (Jayme, JN, the Ks, or even JP) had done something differently then we could have a very different ending on our hands.

ABSOLUTELY... It seems he returned to the cabin not long after she escaped.

So...I wonder why he made a 12 hour round-trip drive to his grandparent's/grandparents' home in Superior, in the middle of all this? Worth exploring.
I honestly think he got cocky and thought she didn't have it in her to escape. Boy was he wrong. I know that what Jayme has done is remarkable. I know if I were in that situation, now or at age 13, I wouldn't have been able to. She's got the will of a warrior.

Incels only like young girls actually. They think all older women are '*advertiser censored*' and only young girls are 'pure'. They are disgusting people.
Women are not humans to Incels. The world revolves around them and women exist in their world as objects to use. If they dont, then it's deemed the world is to blame and hatred is formed.
IMO most of it stems from poor parenting.

I was at Sam’s Club today. There was a huge bin of empty boxes for packing my purchases. They don’t even look at what the product was, the box gets emptied, it gets tossed in a bin. Also, the complaint indicates JTP, when leaving the 12 hours for Christmas, told JC she would have to “hold it.”

Also, this. If they were used they'd likely have been mentioned or an indication of them would have. This actually implies the opposite.

It’s occurred to me that Mollie is probably a more edgy dog now. She did her job, alerting her owners, but she couldn’t save them. She barked continuously at the sheriff when he visited Jayme. I imagine Mollie will forever be suspicious of all strangers. One thing, though, at least her little girl who she saw dragged away came back to her. Poor little dog.
I’m so glad the disgusting loser didn’t harm Molly for whatever reason . I’m glad Jayme has Molly to comfort her & make her smile . Jayme is truly a brave , amazing young girl .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark